• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Price Error: Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack is free on XBL (Hitman 1 content for Hitman 2, normally $19.99) http://bit.ly/2qJHLTm

"This is the full Legacy Pack, which includes all remastered locations and missions from Season 1 and The Game of The Year Upgrade."
I guess it's been accidentally placed for free instead of the base $19.99 price.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I believe this lets you play the remastered maps from Hitman 2016 in Hitman 2 when that launches. Seems to be a pricing error.
Thanks Wario64!

Dr0CQTfUwAATK_o.jpg

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/hitman-pack-legacy-goty/c1g7pjrnd95c?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, this might entice me to actually buy Hitman 2. I never finished the first one and I'm not very far in.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Says not available in the U.K. Store.

Isn't this free for people who have Hitman already?

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
Downloading now. I've never played a hitman game before but I will try it out at some point in the future.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I got this earlier but I've never played a Hitman game before. I don't even know why... I guess just... freebies. Perhaps I'll get Hitman 2 someday idk. Probably not, which means its pointless.

Isn't this shit just the equivalent of piracy?

Yes clicking "get" when something is accidentally put up as free is equal to piracy. Argh matey.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Great for me considering I played Hitman 2016 on PS4 but switched to X for Hitman 2.

Wario always taking such good care of me.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Says not available in the U.K. Store.

Isn't this free for people who have Hitman already?
I'm in the UK and got it from the Canadian store link on the Xbox subreddit. On the Web, change your region in the bottom left corner to Canada.

I assumed the legacy stuff for 2 was included in the game... But other posts say this used to be 20 quid.

Hitman 1 has been free with Gwg or gamepass, I forget which!

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Great pickup for people who don't have the 2016 game and are jumping in with 2.

If you already have Hitman, you could get this for free already in the in-game store. Although it says it comes with "the FREE Hitman 2: Prologue" and lets you download it, whenever I try to boot it up, it won't let me and asks me "if I own this game." Frustrating.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This is kind of perfect because I've been weighing back and forth picking an Xbox One X up later in the month and might make Hitman 2 my first purchase with it.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
"If you own a full version of HITMAN, you can download the corresponding HITMAN Legacy Pack at no additional cost."

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

Yeah, I said that earlier.

This seems like people who don't know the deal, which they said for ages, thinking they getting a bonus.

I have Season One on GamePass I think and that's how I redeemed for free I guess.

Can someone who don't own Hitman or Game Pass chime in to say they can get for free?

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're getting something for free and fucking over developers/A storefront

No difference to piracy or emulation, something this site goes crazy over.

They fucked up and people are just taking advantage of it. It's not piracy at all. And they are not getting fucked over as they could still revoke the licenses.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

If they don't accept it, they will revoke it. Same as any store that makes similar mistakes. Might as well give it a shot, I suppose.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me how the full season one of Hitman was $14.99 at launch as opposed to $59.99 for a brief moment.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting.
Redeeming the Legacy pack from the Hitman in-game store (which just links you to the Xbox store to download the Legacy Pack) did not let me start Hitman 2 - Prologue, despite the in-game message saying it's included (and letting me download).
ADWVWkY.jpg

Redeeming the link in OP, though, does now let me start Hitman 2: Prologue.

Also strange: It didn't say "already purchased" on the store page, even though I bought the GotY upgrade for Hitman.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
If you have the full Hitman 1 game already, all that stuff is in Hitman 2 for me from the get go, correct?
You still need to download the Legacy pack for your corresponding version of Hitman first, I believe. I did it through the in-game store for Hitman (although the Hitman 2 Prologue download would not run that way).
This is true. Risk: Urban Assault was released on the Australian Xbox store for free by accident, but everyone who got it that way had their licences revoked.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/4q3z3s/risk_urban_assault_free_possible_price/
Wasn't there something Fallout 4 related where this happened, too?

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
sigh - what happened to the good old days when free stuff was free and you didn't need to jump through hoops ;)

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes and oddly enough Microsoft gave store credit to those who redeemed that.
Sony did give knack 2 for free around launch in another country though for some stupid reason and never voided the license.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You still need to download the Legacy pack for your corresponding version of Hitman first, I believe. I did it through the in-game store for Hitman (although the Hitman 2 Prologue download would not run that way).

Yes. The Fallout 4 Season was was free on PSN.

Oct 26, 2017

Ah right, but I meant it as in I have the first game so pricing error or not I should be able to download that pack always right? :)

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Ah right, but I meant it as in I have the first game so pricing error or not I should be able to download that pack always right? :)
That sounds right... I think lol.

From the link earlier in this post:
"If you own a full version of HITMAN, you can download the corresponding HITMAN Legacy Pack at no additional cost."

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/
Who can redeem the HITMAN Legacy Pack for FREE?
Players who own HITMAN: The Full Experience, HITMAN: The Complete First Season (digital or disc) or all seven episodes individually (Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bonus Episode, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido) from the previous HITMAN game, will be able to redeem the HITMAN Legacy Pack.

Players who own HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition (or have upgraded to the GOTY Edition) or own HITMAN: Definitive Edition, will be able to redeem the HITMAN GOTY Legacy Pack.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Wonder if this will be like the time they made Fallout 4 free. Revoked it but then they gave everyone like $10. If so, still works out.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
If it says currently unavailable just try the web store version. I got it that way despite the console version not letting me.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

At least with this it's usually up to the retailer to pay for the mistake (if they don't revoke the keys altogether which they may do here).

I got hitman 2016 on PC for $15 before launch thanks to an amazon error and hitman 2 for $22 thanks to a GMG error. I feel kind of guilty about that but as long as they get paid the difference then I can live with that.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

If you don't accept a distinction between piracy and using the official storefront, I don't know what to say. And piracy is an Apples-to-Chevy-Tahoe comparison with a situation like this.