• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It still let me redeem it so that's cool.

Hitman season 1 is already on gamepass and can be used to download the legacy pack to anyone not able to redeem this. You miss out on Patient Zero and some cosmetic stuff but you can move the majority of the game into hitman 2 already.

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't this shit just the equivalent of piracy?

3535.jpg

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Question, cause such a price error now now gives me interest in buying the full Hitman 2, lol, which I had no intention for originally.

Does this "Hitman Legacy" runs in Hitman 2 engine over the Hitman 2 client/menu? Or is this just a different name? Cause every single download has the name Legacy now, - the season pass items.

Can someone explain?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Got it.

Don't need it, I already had gold, but, neat.

Question, cause such a price error now now gives me interest in buying the full Hitman 2, lol, which I had no intention for originally.

Does this "Hitman Legacy" runs in Hitman 2 engine over the Hitman 2 client/menu? Or is this just a different name? Cause every single download has the name Legacy now, - the season pass items.

Can someone explain?

Yes, it runs in the Hitman 2 client. Everything uses the hitman 2 menu and it presents hitman 1, the tutoral and the mini campaign almost likes seasons of a tv show. It's a slick interface.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017

Can someone explain?
Um, the "legacy" download stuff shows up in the Hitman 2: Prologue "game" for me, and from what I understand you play all these destinations/targets in Hitman 2. So it'll all be playable when you run Hitman 2 "client."

Is that what you're looking for?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thanks for the heads up AlexFlame116 redeemed it in DE via the US webstore. No idea if it will go through or not but as someone with only a passing interest in the game initially I may use this as a tester and grab #2 if I enjoy.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Um, the "legacy" download stuff shows up in the Hitman 2: Prologue "game" for me, and from what I understand you play all these destinations/targets in Hitman 2. So it'll all be playable when you run Hitman 2 "client."

Is that what you're looking for?

Yes I think so.
Amazing, console also said download done "You can start Hitman 2 now".
Pretty awesome, now I can play that again in "Hitman 2" and maybe buy the rest later.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I get it, you're glad to take advantage of something and not pay for the game.
No one is doing anything wrong here. MS is offering a product for sale, and people are buying it.

Now, since the price is obviously a mistake MS would also not be in the wrong to revoke the sales after the fact.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I payed for all of Hitman 1 on the PS4 but I want to play Hitman 2 on the X, so I'm happy that this happened. No regrets.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
No one is doing anything wrong here. MS is offering a product for sale, and people are buying it.

Now, since the price is obviously a mistake MS would also not be in the wrong to revoke the sales after the fact.
It's exploiting a mistake and Microsoft can easily revoke the licenses for those that take advantage of it if they want. It'll like if a retailer has the wrong price on an item in an ad, which they could honor and take the loss or cancel orders and fix the pricing ASAP for anybody else that wants to exploit it.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So I'm a little confused here... I bought Season 1 way back when. So obviously I have access to this for free. But is this for Hitman 1 or Hitman 2? What game will I be playing when I launch this, is what I am asking, I suppose.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I already owned Hitman 1 for Xbox One, but I didn't know this could be purchased separately to brand new Hitman 2 owners. Good to know, I kinda wanna grab Hitman 2 discounted on PS4 Pro later on for trophy hunting, and would like to upgrade that copy to a full Hitman experience. :)

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Pricing Errors/Emulation/Piracy are all DIFFERENT subjects, the sooner people realize this the better jesus.

On Topic I was able to grab it from the webpage. Dont think I owned Hitman on Xbox but theres a chance I could have gotten it cheap at some point if that's why it was free or whatever.

Sterba

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm not stealing officer, they left the front door unlocked!"

More like your parent accidentally putting something of yours out in a yard sale and under pricing it.

Edit: Grabbed this when Wario first tweeted. Definitely don't own Hitman 2016 nor the GOTY. Will probably pick up H2 now as well.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Weird. I can start it and play it but I don't have it in my purchase history, never got a mail and if I search it manually in the store, I come to this entry, which is not available anymore and it doesn't say I own it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hitman-goty-legacy-pack/c0fq7llzs485?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

But if I use the link from the first site:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/hitman-pack-legacy-goty/c1g7pjrnd95c?

Here it says I own it.

What the fuck is going on today with different entries in the store of the same game. First Battlefield V, now this???

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Weird. I can start it and play it but I don't have it in my purchase history, never got a mail and if I search it manually in the store, I come to this entry, which is not available anymore and it doesn't say I own it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hitman-goty-legacy-pack/c0fq7llzs485?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

But if I use the link from the first site:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/hitman-pack-legacy-goty/c1g7pjrnd95c?

Here it says I own it.

What the fuck is going on today with different entries in the store of the same game. First Battlefield V, now this???
Exact same thing with me. I just use the ready to install filter on the games and apps section to find stuff more easily these days, but yeah store fronts are getting messy man.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Wow this is perfect considering I'm gonna buy the game for my Xbox One X when I had originally owned Hitman 2016 on PS4. Glad I saw this now and it's still for free this late.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I'm correct in thinking that this is entirely useless if you don't have Hitman 2 [2018]?

Might end up driving sales.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm correct in thinking that this is entirely useless if you don't have Hitman 2 [2018]?

I'm not sure. The package comes with Hitman 2: Prologue which will let you play the Hitman "Legacy levels," but not the new ones from Hitman 2.

Then again... I really don't know. This whole Legacy pack stuff has been screwy for me, to be honest. I redeemed the Legacy pack in the in-game store of Hitman 2 2016 a couple days ago, which came with Hitman 2 prologue and downloaded it, but it wouldn't let me launch it.
It let me download all the legacy maps, including the GotY stuff before I got the GotY Legacy Pack from OP, I'm guessing since I have the GotY version of Hitman 1, but it didn't let me redeem for the "GotY Legacy Pack," only the regular one.

All I can say is that my copy of Hitman 2 won't arrive until tomorrow, but I've been playing Hitman 2: Prologue and redoing the Hitman 1 first two levels all day (all are unlocked, I just don't know the later levels as much, I'm getting achievements done already too).

edit: correction

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

No it comes with the prologue and with, basically Hitman 2. Minus all episodes besides the prologue.
But you officially play this in Hitman 2 and can completely progress here and unlock stuff.

Ace

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Cool, thanks for the tip. I was doubting to get it on X because of the better performance but i own 2016 on the PlayStation.

If they don't revoke this it's an easy choice to buy it on X.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question and kind of off topic, but do the achievements for the first game still work if you play the first game within the second game?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Dumb question and kind of off topic, but do the achievements for the first game still work if you play the first game within the second game?
Yes and no. There's a new set of achievements/trophies for the Hitman 1 legacy content in Hitman 2 that's exactly the same as Hitman 1. So you can do it all again if you want (or get them for the first time) lol. But nothing carries over at all, whether it's in game progress or achievements.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
after playing red dead 2 its amazing what a stuttery shit this game is on the x