• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Yes and no. There's a new set of achievements/trophies for the Hitman 1 legacy content in Hitman 2 that's exactly the same as Hitman 1. So you can do it all again if you want (or get them for the first time) lol. But nothing carries over at all, whether it's in game progress or achievements.

Perfect. Thank you very much for the explanation! Guess I'll just wait til my Hitman 2 copy comes in tomorrow before I just play the entire series. Should be a fun weekend!

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Just hope they don't revoke this :x

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I claimed it and the Hitman 2 Prologue but it only lets me play the training level.
Go to destinations. If you downloaded all the levels in this pack, then all the Hitman 1 levels should let you play them. You'll see the Hitman 2 levels too, but they'll say "Get Access" or whatever when you look at them.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like you can just go to the "Campaign" tab and select the "Story Hitman" option as well. Selecting the Patient Zero campaign option looks like the only way to play the GotY stuff, as its stuff doesn't show up in destinations I didn't figure this out, I just read it on IOI's site about this (I'm not that smart).
Diog0z2.jpg

The only thing I've noticed from actual Hitman 2 is a cinematic in that area. The rest are gated with "Get Access." The "Prologue" option just brings up the training stuff from Hitman 1.
I think he forgot a couple of question marks there.

Last edited:

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the legacy content stuff is no longer accessible even through the Prologue? I grabbed it yesterday but didn't download it. Now there doesn't seem any way to do so.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like the legacy content stuff is no longer accessible even through the Prologue? I grabbed it yesterday but didn't download it. Now there doesn't seem any way to do so.
You grabbed it and you can't download it? It's not in your Ready to Download list? I think Hitman 2 (it was named Hitman 2 - Prologue for me before, but now it's just Hitman 2) will be in your ready to download (or installed list if it's already downloaded) and all of the DLC from the pack will be found under "Manage and Install" after you press the menu button on the Hitman 2 icon. I wonder if they revoked it for people who don't have Hitman 1 or something, because I can still play it.

I'll try deleting everything and seeing if I can redownload it.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
You grabbed it and you can't download it? It's not in your Ready to Download list? I think Hitman 2 (it was named Hitman 2 - Prologue for me before, but now it's just Hitman 2) will be in your ready to download (or installed list if it's already downloaded) and all of the DLC from the pack will be found under "Manage and Install" after you press the menu button on the Hitman 2 icon. I wonder if they revoked it for people who don't have Hitman 1 or something, because I can still play it.

I'll try deleting everything and seeing if I can redownload it.
Ya, it was in my ready to download list last night but it's not today. All that showed up was the Hitman 2 Prologue.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Ya, it was in my ready to download list last night but it's not today. All that showed up was the Hitman 2 Prologue.
Interesting. I can redownload the Prologue "game," but all the DLC isn't in manage game. I could get them by going through the Hitman 1 in-game store, though. I wonder if you can just do a search for the pack in the Xbox store, too.

edit: Man, that's weird. It's still shown with a search in the store (maybe because I already own it?), but it's tied to Hitman 1, and while it's downloading it looks like DLC for Hitman 1, but after it installs it shows up under the Hitman 2 - Prologue app for me.

Last edited:

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I can redownload the Prologue "game," but all the DLC isn't in manage game. I could get them by going through the Hitman 1 in-game store, though. I wonder if you can just do a search for the pack in the Xbox store, too.

edit: Man, that's weird. It's still shown with a search in the store (maybe because I already own it?), but it's tied to Hitman 1, and while it's downloading it looks like DLC for Hitman 1, but after it installs it shows up under the Hitman 2 - Prologue app for me.

After your post, I went to look at Hitman for the DLC but didn't see any listed under then. Then I went to the Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack in the store it said it wasn't currently available which I saw before and didn't look past that. This time however, I scrolled down and it showed what contents were in the bundle and from there I could select individual pieces and install them. I'm trying that now to see if it shows up.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
weird, this has disappeared for me as well despite the fact I bought the Gold Edition so I should have them all regardless of the price glitch :-/

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
weird, this has disappeared for me as well despite the fact I bought the Gold Edition so I should have them all regardless of the price glitch :-/

If you got it on Xbox, try doing what I did. Go to the listing in the store. It'll say it's unavailable but scroll down to where it shows what's in the bundle. You can click on each individual one and install them that way.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
So If I download Hitman from Game Pass and then Hitman 2 Prologue and this, I can play Hitman 1 content in the second game, right? Or does it not work for the version that's on Game Pass?

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
So If I download Hitman from Game Pass and then Hitman 2 Prologue and this, I can play Hitman 1 content in the second game, right? Or does it not work for the version that's on Game Pass?
It worked for me. Launch Hitman 1 and there's an option in there to get the Hitman 1 content for Hitman 2.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gold Edition doesn't include the Legacy Packs, it's just all of the Hitman 2 content w/ both eventual expansions (maps, etc.).

really? they downloaded with my preload for Gold before this thread or the legacy pack was even on the store

I only ran into a problem because uninstalling the sniper assassin preorder bonus for some reason uninstalled all the dlc for Hitman 2 :-/

Oct 27, 2017
So has anyone been able to download this recently? I got it before I bought the game. Now I have the game but it acts like I don't own it. Did it get revoked or something?

Oct 27, 2017
Since this is DLC. It seems to act oddly. I couldn't only get it to download through using the webbrowser after having Hitman 2 Prolouge installed.
Yeah I think I finally figured it out. I had to go here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hitman-legacy-pack/bp2h94p932wk?activetab=pivot:overviewtab and then click on each item in the pack individually and download. I'm at work though so I can't confirm if it will actually work. Will check when I get home.