• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What you are quoting doesn't really explain the whole thing. It's probably better to just watch the first ~20 minutes or so if you really want to know. There's a lot of half-truths floating around here where it looks like the person wasn't really interested in what Jared actually had to say to begin with.

He did talk about exchanging pictures with fans in the beginning, but didn't say anything about ghosting them when he had his fill at all.
I guess I'll ad block and make some time. I doubt there's really anything he can say that'd change my mind on him.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What's this about Kyle Bosman? Please tell me he's not a creep or implicated somehow?

Edit: Ignore this post, Kyle is fine, it was another poster throwing out baseless speculation

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone with the time give me a concise answer as to why Kyle Bosman's name is in this thread?
There is no answer to that, seriously, The person bringing it up already got the post edited by a mod.
if i ask someone if they're 18 or over before i give them alcohol, i'm still in the wrong if they turn out not to be.
Sure. But he's not a child predator, which is what the accusers very purposefully made him look like with their claims.

May 18, 2018
People claim why didnt he come out sooner? He woulda got shit all over and said prove it. He comes out now people say if he was innocent why did it take so long? If someone accuses you of shit you cannot defend yourself because if you do you're guilty and if you dont you're guilty.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I guess I'll ad block and make some time. I doubt there's really anything he can say that'd change my mind on him.
He presents a compelling case for those that were specifically calling him out for sending pictures to underage people. He provides a pretty compelling case that he didn't actually do that. If that doesn't actually make you consider his position with regards to that then I don't think anything will, as it's pretty solid.

However, he doesn't really address much of the other stuff.

What's this about Kyle Bosman? Please tell me he's not a creep or implicated somehow?

With all due respect, people have been saying it's irrelevant for a while now. If you continued to scroll down you would see that dialogue and realize it's nothing.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
you ever notice the amount of people with a very few amount of posts always come to these threads to tell people to not believe the accusers

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I don't remember the exact part you're referring to, but didn't he admit that he did exchange nude photos with fans? And that he didn't with those two that he talks about?

Yeah, exactly, which he did at the beginning acknowledge as a real imbalance of power. But I feel like "shared nudes with people on the internet" is a very, very different starting point for a discussion than "coerced minors to send them nudes". So, having a problem with the first is an oviously very valid opinion to have, as it invites all kind of power imbalances. But that's not really the discussion people are or were having.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
you ever notice the amount of people with a very few amount of posts always come to these threads to tell people to not believe the accusers
Post count shaming sucks in general, but who are you referring to exactly? At least regarding the accusers who made the underage claims he has pretty solid looking evidence of them lying and trying to forge a narrative, especially on of those persons.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
I watched the whole video and putting everything else aside (tumblr, ex wife) he gave evidence that the two minors lied about a lot of things - one claims he never asked him his age (Projared provides evidence did) and the other guy has two contradicting stories that suggest he never actually spoke with Projared.

That's what 3/4 of this video is about.

Aug 27, 2018
You're welcome, myself and anyone else tired of willful ignorance and toxicity will continue to tell you how stupid it is!
I followed the whole controversy from the first day it happened, I understand that he was lead to believe the people that were underage were not underage and that he only received nudes from them and did not actually send them anything. Fine, he's not a pedophile....does that make him a good person for still using his position to solicit naked pictures of his fans though? No. It just seems crazy to me that he turns out to not be a pedophile and people are in here arguing about how that somehow makes him a better person. He's still an asshole he's just not a pedophile. Got it.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
So, motherf.... straight accuses one of his main accusers of being psychotic and delusional. And reads his personal blog as a form of defense...dude, can you just lower yourself any more?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
After finishing the video

Congrats on ProJared from upgrading from " a massive and manipulative creep who should probably be in jail" to "a massive and and manipulative creep"

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know it's very strange people use statistics in cases like this. Other accusations don't have an effect on this one
What are you talking about? This shit happens all the time. Claiming people are falsely accusing you of bringing you down like it's some conspiracy is the most classic trick in the book. If someone is claiming that the victims are lying, they're not to be trusted. End of story.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I followed the whole controversy from the first day it happened, I understand that he was lead to believe the people that were underage were not underage and that he only received nudes from them and did not actually send them anything. Fine, he's not a pedophile....does that make him a good person for still using his position to solicit naked pictures of his fans though? No. It just seems crazy to me that he turns out to not be a pedophile and people are in here arguing about how that somehow makes him a better person. He's still an asshole he's just not a pedophile. Got it.

Someone that is a jerk in general and doesn't send illegal pictures to minors is unquestionably a better person than the same jerk that does send illegal pictures to minors.

That doesn't mean that either of them are good people, it means that one of them is less bad (hence a "better person") than the other.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
He presents a compelling case for those that were specifically calling him out for sending pictures to underage people. He provides a pretty compelling case that he didn't actually do that. If that doesn't actually make you consider his position with regards to that then I don't think anything will, as it's pretty solid.

However, he doesn't really address much of the other stuff.

With all due respect, people have been saying it's irrelevant for a while now. If you continued to scroll down you would see that dialogue and realize it's nothing.
More the other stuff I doubt he can explain away (sounds like he doesn't even try), I can buy he genuinely didn't know they were underage, not that that changes too much, but I'll see I guess.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018

I mean yeah, a not-pedophile is better than a pedophile. Being a not-pedophile intrinsically makes you a better person than a pedophile. Are you going to disagree with that assessment now?

How many people have you seen in here saying he's a GOOD person though...?

And more importantly, how necessary was it to come in bragging about hope you wouldn't listen to his defense because you somehow intuitively know his guilt? You weren't supporting an argument, you were just shit posting, and got rightfully called out on it. Sorry it backfired breh.

But I'm with you, probably an asshole, not a pedo.

Aug 27, 2018
Someone that is a jerk in general and doesn't send illegal pictures to minors is unquestionably a better person than the same jerk that does send illegal pictures to minors.

That doesn't mean that either of them are good people, it means that one of them is less bad (hence a "better person") than the other.
An asshole is an asshole though, yes a pedophile is a bigger asshole than an asshole that isn't a pedophile...but they're both fucking assholes.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
An asshole is an asshole though, yes a pedophile is a bigger asshole than an asshole that isn't a pedophile...but they're both fucking assholes.

Yeah, I kind of already said that though.

You just said this:

No. It just seems crazy to me that he turns out to not be a pedophile and people are in here arguing about how that somehow makes him a better person.

The fact that he doesn't send minors pictures does make him a better person than he would be if he did. "Better" is relative to something, it's not universally a positive word. It's positive relative to something else.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, motherf.... straight accuses one of his main accusers of being psychotic and delusional. And reads his personal blog as a form of defense...dude, can you just lower yourself any more?
While pointing some of that stuff out was unnecessary and vile, the main point was that according to their own words, they weren't even concious and had no memory during 2 of the 3 months they supposedly interacted withProJared. The main accuser blatantly contradicted themselves there.

Regarding the other accuser though, it's pretty cut and dry evidence of them lying and spinning a false narrative.

Aug 27, 2018
Yeah, I kind of already said that though.

You just said this:

The fact that he doesn't send minors pictures does make him a better person than he would be if he did. "Better" is relative to something, it's not universally a positive word. It's positive relative to something else.

Cool, I'm honestly done arguing the semantics of where on the spectrum of pieces of shit ProJared lands. He used his "celebrity" status to solicit nudes from his fans which I happen to find very disgusting. That's where my opinion on him ends.

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
Did he really think the day that there were really serious accusations of rape in the games industry sphere was the day to post this video defending himself? What's the thought process there?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's not even just that he didn't know though, he also never exchanged pictures with them in general.
I could have sworn one of the girls had proof he did, but fuck it I'll see what he has to say and judge from there. Though I already have my doubts a guy who sent plenty of nude to different people, didn't to a select few he didn't know where underaged. He doesn't really get the benefit of the doubt from me either.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
So does he have the receipts? Just want to know if it's worth diving into this mess.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Basically what I got out of this video is
- He probably isn't a pedophile assuming all his evidence is legit, but he still solicited nudes from fans using his status. So fuck him, that's gross af.
- He doesn't come close to a legit apology anywhere, even for shit he admits he did
- Even in the worst interpretation of Heidi's actions, he still didn't attempt to bring up divorce until about the same time he was spotted making out with Holly at a convention, so he didn't even attempt to wait. So he's still a cheating bastard.
- He also accuses his accusers of carefully cropping images to make him look worse, but he did the exact same thing with the texts he shows as evidence of him trying to divorce Heidi
- And LOTS of accusations from a wide variety of sources with him responding "oh I conveniently forgot doing that thing so I doubt it happened"

So basically fuck Jared infinitesimally less for probably not being a pedo, and MASSIVELY more for continuing to be a manipulative ass.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
So does he have the receipts? Just want to know if it's worth diving into this mess.
Sorta. I watched the whole thing and the only thing he outright debunked, and the thing he spends more than 25 minutes talking about, is the charge that he sent nudes to minors. He backed that claim up with what seems to be solid evidence.

The rest of the stuff is touched on, but not expounded upon. Seemingly because of ongoing legal action.

Status
Not open for further replies.