• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darkkahn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
d61622d5ef3a1658214c6fd4d7188dad3848b0f7.jpg

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog - Available starting December 20.
  • WWE 2K22 | PS4 - available on January 3 2023
  • Far Cry 5 | PS4
  • Far Cry New Dawn | PS4
  • Far Cry Primal | PS4
  • Mortal Shell | PS4, PS5
  • Judgment | PS4, PS5
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon | PS4, PS5
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life | PS4
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor | PS4
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of War | PS4
  • The Pedestrian | PS4, PS5
  • Evil Genius 2 | PS4, PS5
  • Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion | PS4
  • Ben 10: Power Trip | PS4, PS5
  • Gigantosaurus The Game | PS4
  • Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition | PS4
  • Worms W.M.D | PS4
  • The Escapists 2 | PS4

PlayStation Plus Premium | Classics
  • Ridge Racer 2 | PSP
  • Heavenly Sword | PS3
  • Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus | PS1
  • Pinball Heroes | PSP

blog.playstation.com

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for December: Far Cry 5, Judgment, Mortal Shell and more

Also added this month: Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, The Pedestrian.

Last edited:

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the offerings are actually sitting in my backlog. Not a great way to end 2022 but still decent. I hope Mortal Shell is the PS5 SKU because IIRC the PS Plus Essential version was the PS4 one? Or I am mixing it up with another souls-like game?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
PlayStation Plus Premium | Classics
Ridge Racer 2 | PSP

Enjoy sublime arcade racing fueled by a fantastic score in this enhanced version of the PSP classic. The game's packed with race courses to beat competitors (and your best times) on and cars to unlock. This emulated version of the PSP classic is enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters.
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS IS THE REAL NEWS RIGHT HERE BAYBEEEE

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
The trend of PS4 games with no next gen counterpart pretty much guarantees I'll just switch the essential next time

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
4 months later after they leaked it and Dino Crisis is MIA like how. 💀

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
Some big mentions missing from the thread title:

Pillars of Eternity 2 is something I think will get a lot of interest.
Ridge Racer 2 (PSP) and Abe's Exoddus (PS1) are better than nothing for the Premium tier peeps.
Heavenly Sword is also interesting but I am sure it is streaming only.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Guess out of that list, judgement for me. Guess I'll give it a shot. Hope the MC is as likeable as kiryu/majima-0 though and not that jackass in Y7.

We'll see.

Unlovedjew

Oct 26, 2017
wow this is bummer for me. half of these were available on essential previously. only thing really of note is judgment

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
PS5 version of Judgment, nice, got major Yakuza burn out about 10 hours in to Judgment on PS4 and don't wanna buy the PS5 version, so was holding off returning to it. No excuse to give it another go now that it's been awhile since my last brawler Yakuza.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Judgment got on this new service before Game Pass did smh lol

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Yeees riiiiiiiiiiiiidge racer!

Might try heavenly sword for that ps3 launch era nostalgia

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Heavenly Sword even if it's done via stream is the biggest game for me, def gonna play that.

SonySilly

Dec 3, 2022
I almost thought the whole list was going to be more Yakuza or the whole Farcry series but they seem to have mixed it up a little which is good.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Fuck yeah, Abe's Exoddus. I will happily buy that instead. Best Oddworld game by far. So glad both PS1 classics are available in some form again.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Oh shit, I thought it was Lost Judgment for a second, and I wanna get mad because I just bought that game.

Also, it seems its only a matter of time before FC6 is offered on the Extra tier.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Judgment being included means Lost Judgment is only a matter of time. I guess Sony will eventually have all the (Western) releases of the series on PS+ as of now (doubt Ishin Kiwami or Gaiden will hit it anytime soon). Hopefully it gets more people playing the series.

PS5 version of Judgment, nice, got major Yakuza burn out about 10 hours in to Judgment on PS4 and don't wanna buy the PS5 version, so was holding off returning to it. No excuse to give it another go now that it's been awhile since my last brawler Yakuza.
Keep in mind, no save transfer, so you gotta start again from square one.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Just The Pedestrian, Judgment and The Escapists 2 for me. It sucks Sony throws multiple games from same series every month...

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Heck yeah! I always wanted to try Judgment! Finally a game I don't freaking own lol
Edit: Oh wow! Yakuza: Like a Dragon and some Far Cry games!

It's one of my fav campaigns in the Yakuza franchise, of the ones I I've played.

I'd say Judgment has the best story and Lost Judgement has the best gameplay in the entire series (the beat em ups at least).

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
The PSP Ridge Racer games are fantastic. Looking forward to playing it on my PS5.

Good month, considering it's only a $20/yr premium for the classics stuff.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
The trend of PS4 games with no next-gen counterpart pretty much guarantees I'll just switch the essential next time

One of the reasons I switched back to Essential with the Black Friday offer, I tried out Premium for like 3 or 4 month with the upgrade option back then. But not having access to PS5 versions at times and especially the disappointing Premium package led to my decision to go back to Essential. Extra is surely fine for some people of course, but I hoped for Day 1 demos of at least first-party titles with Premium and many more classic games, but we never even got Last of Us Part 1 Remake for example through the test versions.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I noticed that too. Very strange. Thought Xbox had a better relationship with Sega (as far as Yakuza-type games). Was waiting to try the games there first. But this'll do.

I think it's more just that Xbox tried way harder to make GP "a home" for Yakuza games and now that whatever deal Sega signed with MS has expired Sega is free to put them on Plus too. Sega wants these games available everywhere.