• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah so it's Kingdom Hearts 2

Yeah, kind of. Judgment 1 probably has a better core narrative, but Lost Judgment improves the combat in just about every possible way despite its story being messier and more overextended. LJ has the best central combat system of any RGG Studio game, and probably the best 3D brawler combat in the industry.

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
Judgement was on PS Now one year ago. Glad it came back. It would not surprise me if it gets announced for GP next week, since PS+ and GP have the same Yakuza Games right now.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
As sparse as the rest of the Premium line-up works, Ridge Racer 2 is still the pick of all those games for me.

For a series that's been so associated with PlayStation, it's been a long time since a proper Ridge Racer game (Vita version doesn't count) was playable on modern PlayStation hardware, and this'll fix that. Modern consoles are also really lacking in the arcade racing subgenre and that'll help there too.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, kind of. Judgment 1 probably has a better core narrative, but Lost Judgment improves the combat in just about every possible way despite its story being messier and more overextended. LJ has the best central combat system of any RGG Studio game, and probably the best 3D brawler combat in the industry.
Holy shit you're hyping me the fuck up. Wish they released both on ps+ now then. Fucking releasing a storm of Ubisoft titles at once but not Yakuza games? Wtf Sony.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone that's vaguely interested should play WWE 2k22, a stunning return to form for WWE wrestling games. It's great, and very underrated/overlooked because of the series' past woes.

Also, I just beat Yakuza Like a Dragon today, and it was my personal Goty. A phenomenal game, and a breath of fresh air for the series.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Judgment being included means Lost Judgment is only a matter of time. I guess Sony will eventually have all the (Western) releases of the series on PS+ as of now (doubt Ishin Kiwami or Gaiden will hit it anytime soon). Hopefully it gets more people playing the series.

Keep in mind, no save transfer, so you gotta start again from square one.
Was planning to anyway, don't think anything really got rolling (I think I just got to Chapter 4), but don't really remember much other then some Tojo guy. So a fresh start is in order.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder to be careful when redeeming the PS5 upgrade for Mortal Shell if you claimed the PS4 version when it was a PS+ monthly game. If it ever leaves Extra you might lose access, like Greedfall has shown. Some people had luck restoring ot through support, other got told though luck.

Have any games left the program yet since this program started? Just curious.
AC Valhalla is leaving this month, RDR2 is a temp addition, but mostly it gave been older PS Now games that have left.

Evil Genius 2 actually already was on PS Now, but that was an error.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, I'll try Primal and Judgment.

Primal because I was always curious how it would translate the formula but not that curious.

Judgment because people won't shut up about that.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Not bad, I've been so close to buy Pillars of Eternity II a couple of times during previous sales, glad I didn't and The Pedestrian looks interesting

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
I need to check this, but maybe somebody knows of the top of their head: Are games put in the classics catalogue usually available to be bout if you don't have Plus Premium?

Would be seriously tempted to get Ridge Racer 2 for a reasonable price but definitely not if I have to upgrade my Plus subscription.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Some big mentions missing from the thread title:

Pillars of Eternity 2 is something I think will get a lot of interest.
Ridge Racer 2 (PSP) and Abe's Exoddus (PS1) are better than nothing for the Premium tier peeps.
Heavenly Sword is also interesting but I am sure it is streaming only.
Yeah, Heavenly Sword is the only thing that made me go 👀

Has to be streaming only.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Nah fam, Ridge Racer 2 is dope. Don't sleep on it.
Especially since we don't see much from the series these days.
Not a racing fan, and I'm sure its good , but other than that, there's a pinball game which I could only find one review for and it wasn't positive, an Oddworld game that already has a remake on the console and Hellblade, that was barely mediocre, made worse through streaming 🤷‍♂️

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Like a Dragon in PS+ Essential already? And pretty recently at that...?

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I need to check this, but maybe somebody knows of the top of their head: Are games put in the classics catalogue usually available to be bout if you don't have Plus Premium?

Would be seriously tempted to get Ridge Racer 2 for a reasonable price but definitely not if I have to upgrade my Plus subscription.
It depends on the game. Some can be bought separately, others not. I think the other Namco games on the Premium service have only been available to subscribers, so that seems likely to be true of Ridge Racer 2 also.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017

Some of them are purchasable, but so far the more desirable third party games like Ridge Racer have all been exclusive to Premium.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
How is Shadow of War? I remember some MTX shitshow or something at launch?

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Not bad, I'm interested in Judgement, Like a Dragon and Pillars of Eternity. Definitely don't have time for everything but 1-2 games would tide me over nicely.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Very happy to see Ridge Racer, but I'll wait and see if it's available for purchase first.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Damn. Heh. It's always nice to see you give high praise to a game. 😎

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Feel that this is a bigger win for Premium this month. Given Mortal Shell is still not the enchanted edition it seems, and pretty sure Like a Dragon was a month's essential offering after Extra released.

Still a solid line up overall though.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Ridge Racer 2 finally, didn't that first leak when PS+ was being redesigned ? It should have been on the service from day 1 really, like many other old games, Sony are so slow at adding games for Premium. They really need to put more effort into Premium, considering people at paying the most for it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
How is Shadow of War? I rememebr some MTX shitshow or something at launch?
If you like the Arkham combat it's a lot of fun and the Nemesis system is still cool, but it's like a 4 hour game stretch to like 40 hours, so don't expect much story wise.

They removed all the mtx shit thankfully.