• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
what is the elevator pitch for Deep Rock Galactic? The summary makes it sound like a L4D type horde game but is there base building stuff too?

Various objective based missions in fully destructible procedurally generated levels.

4 classes with different toolsets and a bunch of new equipment and cosmetics to earn with in-game earned currency.

*edit* No base building - you select your mission from a hub before dropping in via the same drop pod that you use to extract when the mission is over. There are certain things such as resupply pods for ammo/equipment and ziplines a certain class can place but the missions are one and done.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I already own Dirt 5 and Strikers but this is legit in the running for a GOAT months

guys don't sleep on Dirt 5 it's very fun

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely recommend P5 Strikers. Reminder that it's not actually a musou/warriors game.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if Deep Rock is solo-able?

Will be a lot tougher as you can only be a single class and therefore lose out on other options - no drills if you aren't digger for example - but you do get a robot buddy that you can direct to drill out minerals in hard to reach places.

The game is very drop in drop out friendly with randoms though.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Horrible month for me personally, but those are quality titles.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Persona 5 Strikers has by far the best story of any of the Persona spin-offs, but I didn't really care for the gameplay. It wasn't terrible, just didn't feel as good as other Action/RPGs like Tales. Only got about halfway through before dropping it, although I'd like to finish it sometime just to see where the story goes.

With that said, "Game I already own on another platform that was not bad" is still a huge upgrade in quality from the past few months which has been "Games I have absolutely no interest in."

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
P5S is big for me, can't wait. How does the music compare to the original game, is it largely the same?

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Very strong month. I guess they decided to give us something to stop the moaning, but let's see if it is a repeat of last time where we had 3 amazing months and the rest of the year was shit.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Did I hear a Rock and Stone?

deep-rock-galactic-drg.gif

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Might check out DRG, looks pretty fun and could be great with a strong community

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Ahahaa, I was saying in my LTTP Persona 5 thread that Strikers is next on my "to play" list.

*removes it from PSN wishlist*

gordon-ramsay-finally.gif

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I admittedly bounced hard off of P5S. I have no patience for repetitive button-mash action RPGs these days.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
P5S is a game I've wanted to try but wasn't sure if I'd like or not so I'm happy to see it on PS+.

I've already played Dirt 5 and DRG via Gamepass but they're both well worth checking out. DRG is very fun co-op and Dirt 5 is just a very solid no-frills racing game with great visuals.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Great month, great games demonstrating an eclectic spread of genres. It's about damn time…

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Royal has an entire new semester that takes place after the original P5 ends. But it's not referenced in Strikers at all.

If you miss the endgame stuff in Royal (the main bulk of new stuff) then yea the endings the same as Vanilla.

They are completely different endings. If you got the same ending than the original P5 is because you didn't meet the requirements to unlock the new semester that takes place after the events of the original.

I did finish the extra semester but I mean literally the ending scene is pretty similar. Not mentioning the last semester in P5S was the answer I was looking for.

Kroz

Jul 4, 2019
I literally got P5S as a christmas gift lol

It's fine I prefer physical anyways

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that P5 Strikers is a sequel to Persona 5 (not Royale).
- It's a direct story sequel to Persona 5
- It will ignore whatever happens in Royale
- It's easy enough to understand what happens without having played Persona 5, but it WILL spoil major plot points.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does Strikers spoil all of Persona 5? I'm still planning on playing P5R someday, but I really wanna check this out.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Its a shame the game has no cross-play at any level. I mean, Steam people cannot play with Windows Store people :(

I'd a friend on PC who has the game and she will be missing out when my other friends and I play.
Any multiplayer these days without cross=play between PC and console is an easy pass for me these days.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
If you haven't tried it somewhere else, Deep Rock Galactic is fantastic. It's a blast with a group of friends.

I almost bought P5S earlier this month but saw the rumour and held off. I'm sure glad I did!