• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Based on Spencer's words, he'll release Xbox Two fall 2019 it seems. If Sony wants to release 2020, well they can I guess but MS waves the white flag further up in this E3 and now solelh focused on next gen. Can't wait to see more rumours end of fhe year.

I read that statement as the opposite. They're already gearing up for their 'wait for the more powerful box' shtick and the expect Sony to move first.

I don't think my point of view is more valid then yours though .

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'd imagine Microsoft and Sony know full well when each other plan to launch. Just listened back and interestingly he says their HW team is deep into architecting the next Xbox consoles. Could there be a S and X from the off or at least plan to iterate again?

Also says they will once again 'set the benchmark for console gaming'.

Sounds like marketing/PR fluff to me that every exec says about their product. I don't think they'll launch later than the competition but that would be the simplest way to guarantee a more powerful box. How much more powerful would it be though and why would it matter if the PS5 isn't "underpowered" itself and has the best looking games via Naughty Dog etc?

It'll be very interesting to see how this all plays out. More than specs, price will be the biggest factor in some markets.

Nov 2, 2017
Well, seeing as how MS is already working on the next Xbox, it's going to take a lot for me to upgrade to the X
Yeah, it seems weird. They just released powerful console few months ago, and they already telling we have even more powerful box in 2 years by saying most of the exclusive games announced today or upcoming are coming next year or later so there is no reason to buy their boxes right now. Its really nice to say Multiplatform are best in XBX (but its even better in PC if you spend wisely) , but how many people own that system ? 1+ m max ? So most of the players will not have best experience at all compared to PS4 (it even supports HDR in all systems). MS is going after mind talk and selling or focusing on subscriptions, and trying to convince or deceive gamers as their platform is best and have exclusives (they do not have true as they are available in PC, and also you can play all of their exclusives using game pass without buying or even for free using trials for 2 weeks).

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, it seems weird. They just released powerful console few months ago, and they already telling we have even more powerful box in 2 years by saying most of the exclusive games announced today or upcoming are coming next year or later so there is no reason to buy their boxes right now. Its really nice to say Multiplatform are best in XBX (but its even better in PC if you spend wisely) , but how many people own that system ? 1+ m max ? So most of the players will not have best experience at all compared to PS4 (it even supports HDR in all systems). MS is going after mind talk and selling or focusing on subscriptions, and trying to convince or deceive gamers as their platform is best and have exclusives (they do not have true as they are available in PC, and also you can play all of their exclusives using game pass without buying or even for free using trials for 2 weeks).
Forwards and backwards compatibility will lessen these blows.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
Yup,seems that new consoles are coming late 2019,as some of us already expected.
Question is either only PS5 or next Xbox too...hmmm....fun times ahead! :)

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Because consumer friendly policies never work out.
Closing the stable door after the horse had bolted. If ever there was a generation to mess up Microsoft sure picked it. Uphill battle from here on out. It would take a Sony balls up of magnificent proportions for them to even come close to losing the lead for the generation to come (and even beyond), or Microsoft literally giving away a $600 console.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Weird, seems some posts are missing in this thread?

While the next-gen stuff at the Xbox conference wasn't quite as extensive like I assumed, it's still nice that they mentioned their next-gen console, and it seems we even have a code name! Really exciting news! I wonder if this could be a reaction to something that Sony is doing behind the scenes right now.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Weird, seems some posts are missing in this thread?

While the next-gen stuff at the Xbox conference wasn't quite as extensive like I assumed, it's still nice that they mentioned their next-gen console, and it seems we even have a code name! Really exciting news! I wonder if this could be a reaction to something that Sony is doing behind the scenes right now.

Spencer clearly said consoles, so I wonder if that means a Pro version is releasing after, alongside, or they're going to have some sort of streaming box.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Closing the stable door after the horse had bolted. If ever there was a generation to mess up Microsoft sure picked it. Uphill battle from here on out. It would take a Sony balls up of magnificent proportions for them to even come close to losing the lead for the generation to come (and even beyond), or Microsoft literally giving away a $600 console.

That doesn't answer how allowing the next Xbox be BC is a bad idea.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
My feeling is that MS knows Sony will launch first so they're trying to preemptively soften the impact and calibrate their PR position by comments such as this one.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Spencer clearly said consoles, so I wonder if that means a Pro version is releasing after, alongside, or they're going to have some sort of streaming box.

Yep, wonder what he meant with that. I have no idea, but I like it lol.

I guess a streaming box would probably be "easier" to create than a 7nm Pro version of a 7nm next-gen base console.

Socky

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
At this point Id guess they might have two versions, one traditional online & disc-based, one streaming only, possibly pushing the streamer with deals or even selling it cheaper.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

Maybe MS will just do a base model and an X model on day one that's priced higher so they can guarantee they have a box that has more juice than the competition? I dunno.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft probably wanted to get out in front of all the next gen rumour talk because it's all only focused on the PS5 right now. They do have an incentive to launch earlier than 2020 because the One just hasn't done that great, but they'd also need to not piss off all those X owners.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft probably wanted to get out in front of all the next gen rumour talk because it's all only focused on the PS5 right now. They do have an incentive to launch earlier than 2020 because the One just hasn't done that great, but they'd also need to not piss off all those X owners.

I don't think it matters. There aren't a bajillion of X owners and those that bought X probably wouldn't mind upgrading to the next-gen console anyway.

fritolay

Oct 29, 2017
I read that statement as the opposite. They're already gearing up for their 'wait for the more powerful box' shtick and the expect Sony to move first.

I don't think my point of view is more valid then yours though .

This is what I felt. Sony must be ready to announce their new console at this year's E3 if MS stated this.

Status
Not open for further replies.