Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a little big, but I think I can 3d print a new faceplate. Going to wait until I get my hands on my console before I try anything.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've never understood who would want a camo-colored console, phone, laptop, etc. lol it just looks trashy as shit.

I would judge the fuck out of someone if I walked into their house and saw a camo console
You've obviously never lived in a town with a bunch of rednecks. The kind of tacky shit I see here is incredible.

Oct 24, 2019
You've obviously never lived in a town with a bunch of rednecks. The kind of tacky shit I see here is incredible.

Lol yeah, I was thinking that must be the one and only demographic that is keep that trash design alive. At least they aren't offering confederate flag, don't tread on me, and MAGA decals yet...

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lol yeah, I was thinking that must be the one and only demographic that is keep that trash design alive. At least they aren't offering confederate flag, don't tread on me, and MAGA decals yet...
I shit you not. A block or two up from where I live this guy has a BMW and its has a camo paint job on it. Ugliest goddamn thing I've ever seen.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Can they theoretically make the face plates smaller so they don't stand out of the console?
for sure. all it needs to do is fit the back side. you could even square all the edges and have a traditional looking black box or have the gaudiest design.

teaser57.jpg

i could even see plates that replicate the PS2 look. these plate makers need to think beyond a paint job

Oct 24, 2019
I shit you not. A block or two up from where I live this guy has a BMW and its has a camo paint job on it. Ugliest goddamn thing I've ever seen.

Man, to take a nice car like that and just ruin it is such a travesty lol.

I grew up in a wealthy suburb outside of DC, and even there in a town full of lawyers, World Bankers, etc. there was still this one guy on my street who:
- hung a Don't Tread on Me flag off his porch
- owned a literal monster truck
- customized his license plate to "9MM4U"

It was so jarring seeing all of that when juxtaposed against the rest of the area haha.

Then of course he got arrested when he went to the neighbor's house with his gun in hand and threatened their teenage kid....

Rednecks are fucking crazy man

Duke Togo

Oct 27, 2017
Too classy looking imo. I'll wait for the trashier designs likely poorly drawn american flag eagles or carnie inspired flaming skull smoking a blunt.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Im gonna wait. We havent seen anything real from them and it could very well be super cheap plastic or a scammer.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Probably getting a red one, but I'll wait until I after I have my PS5 and some feedback on the plates.

If you get one make sure to come back in here and share the details!

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I still have several X360 faceplates, some quite rare. Good times, if Sony ends up doing official ones I could grab some
RARE-XBOX-360-FACEPLATE-LOT-of-4WoodyPGR-3-_1.jpg
Would be a wasted opportunity, if Sony doesn't do plates themselves or give some companies the licence to do them. Easy way to make our PS5 a special edition. I hope the initial sales, if it does happen, are good enough that Sony decides to do a similar labor than Xbox did for the controller. Just imagine being able to design the blades yourself :O

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be getting a black one once it is done right and of premium quality. Until then, I'll deal with my PS5 sticking out like a sore thumb.

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
I mean these are all renders, need to see the quality of the mold/plastic in pictures/reviews before commiting to a purchase. Also I'm a fan of stock but I know many that want a replacement shell.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Matte black will be what I end up getting from somebody. Probably not these guys though. I wonder if anyone is planning flesh-colored side panels yet.

I suppose that any side-panels offered at retail will have to be two SKUs per color. One for the DE and one for the regular PS5. That's kind of unfortunate.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
Whomever makes slenderizing black ones (where there aren't fins that stick out, it's just rounded to be as small as possible) and with the one on the right/bottom adjusted so you can just lay it flat without a stand for the DE is going to sell quite a few. It will look really good.

I suppose for the DE the right side one could also just be a set of 4 feet that attach where the plate does, or not so much a plate but just a black piece that goes along the front.

Another fun one could be a plate that makes the disc edition sit flat horizontally with a spot on the right for a 2.5" external HDD for expansion storage.

It's going to be fun to see all the crazy designs people come up with.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'd be interested in a "plain" plate you can buy that's made out of material that takes paint really well, that way you can essentially make up your own design and DYI. And you can hold on to the one your PS5 came with in case you want to swap it back or need to RMA the PS5 for something.

Also, let's be honest, we all know there will be companies making the most butt-ugly plate designs the world has ever seen. Camo surely.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
lmao this is how sony will make up the loss leader, everyone buying the black plate.
wonder how much these will cost, i actually thought the 360 og faceplates were a good idea but MS priced them way to high, i never bought one
edit, im dumb, 40$ and it's third party

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
This console is quickly becoming one of my favorite designs. I'll be getting some to custom paint it.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
This is badass, even if you don't buy from them someone else will make one you like.

You can match your furniture now lol, someone needs to make a wood/Rosewood so match my speakers and Wallunit.

I'll be rocking the original for a while though since its still nice.

OGlol

Jun 4, 2018
Anyone else get hit with an attempted ransomware ad on this site?

EDIT: sent to a buddy who also got hit with the same BS, whats up with the site?

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I'd like to get some but I'm waiting to see what the lights look like first. They can make a big difference with reflection of different colors.