CyclotronHGA

Oct 26, 2017
Just had my PS5 freeze up and then completely shut off during a cut scene a couple hours in to Miles Morales. Turned it back on, was promoted to report the problem, which I did, and the system is now running fine on the dashboard. I've had the PS5 since launch day with no other issues. Today is the first time I've played Miles and am wondering if it's a hardware issue or a problem with the game.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here had this issue that ALL ps4 games just crash on booting them up? I've tried several and all just instantly error out. PS5 games work fine.

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Lately when I bring my ps5 out of rest mode it's very washed out looking. I can either reboot the ps5 or disable and re-enable hdr to fix it.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
For the affected games, they show as installed under the all games section of the library. They don't show up when I tab over to "installed". But on the tiles for them, they show as installed. They have the downloadable symbol on the top right, the down arrow with three dots. In the storage settings, the games don't show on either my internal or external storage.

So far I'm only noticing this with digital games. I'm the user that bought them, and I'm signed in as myself.

I've had an external plugged in since day one.
Sounds like an extended storage issue. Disconnect the extended storage and try installing to the internal drive.

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
Playing miles morales and using an extended drive via the rear USB port just crashed my system and causes several rebuilds to get it back to working. As a safety precaution I'm now not playing Miles or using my external usb for my PS4 games... this really sucks. I reported the error and told them this shit is fucked and to fix it... hope I don't get banned now lol but I'm legit pissed off.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Playing miles morales and using an extended drive via the rear USB port just crashed my system and causes several rebuilds to get it back to working. As a safety precaution I'm now not playing Miles or using my external usb for my PS4 games... this really sucks. I reported the error and told them this shit is fucked and to fix it... hope I don't get banned now lol but I'm legit pissed off.

I totally understand your frustration. Mine was working like a charm and after last update they fucked all up. Even my DS is making weird noises with the right stick (obviously thhis has nothing to do with the firmware update).

I'm going through Christmas with this unit, but you can bet I'm replacing it when more units become available.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just had my PS5 freeze up and then completely shut off during a cut scene a couple hours in to Miles Morales. Turned it back on, was promoted to report the problem, which I did, and the system is now running fine on the dashboard. I've had the PS5 since launch day with no other issues. Today is the first time I've played Miles and am wondering if it's a hardware issue or a problem with the game.
Had almost the exact same issue yesterday. I played the intro of Miles Morales and right when I was supposed to gain back control of Miles after a cutscene the game froze for half a second and then the console shut completely off.

I had to rebuild the database of my external USB which is hooked up on the rear port twice before my PS5 showed any life signs. God damn it.

Was the first time the thing crashed on me, too.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
I've got an activity card for a joinable party in Monster Hunter World that's just permanently there in the first position on the left whenever I press the PS button. Is there no way of deleting this shit? The party isn't even available anymore, it's from almost a month ago.
Same issue with Call of Duty, can't get rid of it.

Moobabe

Nov 7, 2017

I've had Miles crash twice on me and do the same thing, interestingly both times after the storage rebuilt itself Miles wasn't on my SSD.

I'm avoiding MM like the plague until more patches.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Day four of owning a PS5, and now my disc drive is suddenly making a bbbbRrRrRrrRRRRR noise today when it's spinning up a disk... 🤔 🙃

edit: oh it's only doing it with KH3 wtf

MrCJ86

Aug 10, 2019
Anyone with really loud buzzing from their fan maybe coil whine also having performance issues after longer play sessions, I get dropped frames and more judder in both Spider-man and AC after a few hours of play. Requires a restart to fix the issues. Maybe my memory isn't being cooled sufficiently.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017

I am playing Miles Morales and using an external SSD drive also via the rear USB and I have yet to see my system crash, soft or hard. Are you sure the drive is related to the crash?

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
A thing I've figured out to my cost (and its a repeatable bug for me). If you install ps4 games to ssd, then transfer them over to an external drive, you basically lose them if you ever do a database rebuild.

They show as installed in the library, but greyed out and not playable. You also cannot delete them from system storage because they aren't there. So your only options are to not play the games you've lost because you can't, or start again and format your external drive.

Neon Octopus

Nov 21, 2017
Has anyone here had this issue that ALL ps4 games just crash on booting them up? I've tried several and all just instantly error out. PS5 games work fine.

Where do you have them installed? I have ghosts of tsushima installed on the internal drive and it works flawlessly but games on the external hard drive seem much less stable

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Where do you have them installed? I have ghosts of tsushima installed on the internal drive and it works flawlessly but games on the external hard drive seem much less stable

had some on both, seems like my profile was corrupted. Solved it by deleting my account on the PS5 and creating it again :/

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just my luck. After fighting with Sony's customer service for nearly a week to get a repair/ replacement, Royal Mail has now "lost" my parcel on the way to Sony. I made sure the parcel looks as plain as possible and the return label didn't even mention Sony etc and there was no way it looked like a console box, and given the size of it, they still managed to "lose" it.

I will get the money back, but now I'm back to zero and have to hunt down another system 🙄

Azurik

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Most of my PS4 games were crashing at the first loading screen: ghost of Tsushima, resi 2+3, days gone. Others like death stranding worked fine

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Most of my PS4 games were crashing at the first loading screen: ghost of Tsushima, resi 2+3, days gone. Others like death stranding worked fine

it is weird, i think it´s some thing due to profile/savedata mismatch. Hopefully more stability updates fix this but incase you end up in the same situation, upload all saves to cloud, delete profile, re-login with profile, download saves from the cloud.

Azurik

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
it is weird, i think it´s some thing due to profile/savedata mismatch. Hopefully more stability updates fix this but incase you end up in the same situation, upload all saves to cloud, delete profile, re-login with profile, download saves from the cloud.
I sent my ps5 to Sony for a repair as along the constant crashes, I also had graphic artefacts in games like the last of us 2 and miles morales and now it appears my Parcel is "lost" in transit.

I have reset the console numerous times and all games were "fresh" installs with fresh save games and ghost always crashed on the first screen and the Resi games on one of the first 3 screens, no matter what.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Can confirm my Dualsense right analog stick is drifting heavy it keeps "pressing" Up randomly...tried to contact Sony support Brazil but holy shit talkin about a bad customer support I can't even reach a human to report my problem...

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone found the a way to get rid of the "Remote Play connected" message when using the Remote Play app, it's so annoying...

EDIT: Disabling the " Show Pop-ups" in the Notifications setting did the trick. i hope Sony fixes it in a future update...

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, had my first crash tonight, well crashes, since owning this since launch. Playing Devil May Cry: SE for a few hours, and it crashed to the home screen twice within about 10 min of each other. Each time it prompted me to submit an error report, which I did, but also each time I went right back to selecting the Devil May Cry game icon, and I was at the exact same spot, no loss of progress or anything, and no loading time. So strange. Prior to just the last 30 minutes, have had no issues at all whatsoever.

It is freaking me out so I'm done playing for tonight.

Denogginizer

Apr 14, 2019
The latest patch has corrected the issue I was having with patching and installing updates of PS4 games stored on my external Samsung T7 SSD drive.

theshortbaker

Nov 30, 2017
So I have had a few crashes during SM MM, install loops where Ass Creed would be on the console and then disappear, Dirt 5 end up in a corrupted or other state on the SSD and rebuilt the database 3 times already, have resolved most of them.

The one continuous issue I constantly get is that when I'm online, I have issues accessing the PS store, PS+ collection and my friends list, as they state "Something went wrong".

I also have an issue where my friends notifications don't tell me who has come online, just an error image in place of an avatar, and the message "A friend has come online"

anyone else had similar or these exact issues?

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
Sorry if this is a stupid question and doesn't belong here but if the controller that came with the console failed would I have to send the whole system for warranty? I'm always kind of paranoid with controllers because I had to buy 4 of them for my PS4.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
Hi!

I need some advice with the Dualsense.

How do I charge it?. I usually charge the pads connecting them with an AC adapter but yesterday I tried to charge the Dualsense this way and was suuuuuuuper slow.

Can I use a quick charge adapter or it will broke the Dualsense?

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Sorry if this is a stupid question and doesn't belong here but if the controller that came with the console failed would I have to send the whole system for warranty? I'm always kind of paranoid with controllers because I had to buy 4 of them for my PS4.
I'm sure they would just have you return the controller. I would recommend a second one in any case while the other is being exchanged.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I'm just reporting an issue I've experienced lately. The two times I've tried to launch the PS5 by using one of the dedicated app buttons (Netflix once and Youtube once) on the media remote, it starts up the PS5 and then hangs for quite a while, then eventually reports an error with trying to launch the app in question and asks me to submit a report. The PS5 was not in rest mode either time, I have been afraid to use rest mode at all.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
Hi!

I need some advice with the Dualsense.

How do I charge it?. I usually charge the pads connecting them with an AC adapter but yesterday I tried to charge the Dualsense this way and was suuuuuuuper slow.

Can I use a quick charge adapter or it will broke the Dualsense?
I use either a normal phone charger or a mains block strip with USB charging ports, not had any issues, I never charge controllers via a console.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
My European retailer on Thursday said they hadn't any news on whether my bricked PS5 has been repaired or replaced. It's arrived at Sony though. The retailer hopes to be able to give me an update next week. It's been a week since sending the PS5 in so I suppose that's fine. Have checked some Reddit threads and the turnaround seemed to be between 7 and 10 days for a lot of people, but the situation overseas might be different from here.

PlayStation has also apologized to me for hanging up on me on the phone. So good on them.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Figured I should ask this on the troubleshooting thread as well:

Is it safe to use rest mode yet?

The latest patch notes for MM mention that the bug has been fixed. Was that the only game causing the issue?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting this from the PS5 OT to see if anyone has some insight

Wow, so I think the problem with my PS5 may actually be a power issue. This is so weird.

Had regular hard system crashes while playing SM : Remastered. Some random advice on Reddit told me to try plugging it directly into the wall just to make sure it's getting enough power. Figured there was no way, but it was worth a shot. I did that, but it was right around the same time the first system update came too.

Since then I had 0 system crashes, with many very extended play sessions. Couldn't really tell if it was the power change or the update, but wanted to assume it was the latter. After like well over a week with no crashes, I decided today to try to finally plug it back into my surge protector.

I played for what felt like longer before the crash would kick in before, but sure enough after I'd say about 3 hours, the system completely hard crashed and shut off, just like before when playing Miles Morales.

This is freaking me out. Yeah we've got an old house and the surge protector is full up and a basic one, but nothing else we have plugged up into the surge protector has had any issues. I'm worried now that I'm gonna have to be very specific on what I plug my PS5 into.

Is this something people recommend I should send it in for? Everything else about the system is more than fine. I've been running an external HD with it since launch too.

Also, should I rebuild my database or something at this point? This is probably the 4th hard crash I've experienced. Nothing noticeable but I'm worried it's gonna effect my system in some way.

Wow...not my PS5 is just stuck at the gray screen after selecting my profile to sign in from rest mode. What the fuck man. This sucks...system was working so well for a long time.

How do I even go about rebuilding the database, and when is it necessary? Does it delete all my shit?

Edit : was able to put it in rest mode after a bit and then get back in. Stupid. Then I got a game crash not a system crash shortly after starting Miles. Also stupid.

System is so erratic after being great for over a week

Jun 17, 2018
3rd crash playing Miles Morales, this time the PS5 turned itself completely off. Tried to restart it with the controller and nothing, the power button worked thankfully.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty certain that people are jumping to a lot of conclusions regarding the causes of crashes. I would be willing to bet that stuff like Rest Mode, external drives, Ethernet connection, etc are not really triggers of system crashes. I believe that the firmware is simply too unstable, and perhaps there are memory leaks somewhere and definitely bad error handlers.

Since I got mine on launch day I have only experienced a single crash (full system shutdown). Since then, all my games have run perfectly, both PS5 games and PS4 games running from external drive. My console is also connected to Ethernet and I use Rest Mode every single day. So far no crashing after the first and only one.

I've tried "forcing" the drive by constantly switching between PS4 games and letting them load. No crashes. I completed the entirety of Miles Morales, no crashes (Again, besides just one at around 2 hours into my playthrough).

There's obviously something wrong with the OS, but people shouldn't be scared of using external drives or using Rest Mode. At least that's my belief.

tastybread

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to give Sony until later next week to release a patch that fixes the CE-108255-1 and CE-108262-9 error codes, before I push for an RMA. There's no way I'm not having a working PS5 over Christmas, it's my only free time haha.

6 games tested, all 6 crash, usually within 5 minutes. No other issues with the system, and the crashes are mostly software crashes, I don't doubt a patch could fix it, but no way I'm waiting 1 month + with a PS5 I literally can't use :/

ValeYard

Oct 25, 2017
I was issue free for a week. Accidentally shut down the console with Souls still running, crash with DB rebuild. Since then one more crashing turning off and a crash during Spider-Man Remastered. :(

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I am having the glitch I've read about where if you have an external hdd connected and a game disc inserted upon startup, the ps5 will say it is an unsupported disc. If you eject and reinsert it, the disc is recognized. If you disconnect the external hdd, the issue does not occur. I'm using the back usb ports.

I really hope this is just a software issue that gets patched. Support told one guy on reddit to send in his ps5 for this issue.

Aug 15, 2020
PS5 refused to output video until I unplugged and replugged HDMI cable. Great stuff.

This has happened multiple times to me. I have to unplug it from my tv at 4k, plug it into my receiver which knocks it down to 1080p, then plug it back into my tv to fix it and go back to 4k. Best guess I have is there's some sort of handshaking issue and I've considered turning off HDCP in safe mode to see if that does anything.

It's a total pain in the ass.

LeProvo

Apr 24, 2020
Turkey
I'm really questioning my 1 to 3 seconds freezing problem with AC: Valhalla, doesn't crash the game only instant freezes. Happening about 2-3 times on a 3-4 hours playing session. I also have some hitching/stutter problems with Jedi Fallen Order but mostly smooth 60 fps. Overall experience, I got one hard crash with Miles Morales after that it was smooth and finished it. Also played Astro(finished), Days Gone, Crash, Ratchet, Bugsnax without issues. No OS problems, rest mode, ethernet etc.

I also have some coil whine buzz. Can't really hear with game sound but on low volume/mute situations I can hear it from almost 2 meters, most evident with Valhalla. While playing Valhalla it is more audible on normal game volume that I play. Impossible to hear from my playing position off games, really quiet buzz even I put my ear near it. Nothing about fan, it is silent for now.

So, I really want to know your thoughts, I'm overthinking on it or it can be a defective unit somehow? I really lost myself sometimes on this little details. :D

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I have a weird problem with my PS5 when my HDMI link is set to on.
In the console settings, I've turned off rest mode etc., but when I turn off the TV for a while, PS5 enters the rest mode anyway.
I thought it just turns itself off, but when I turned it back on, I was in the exact point in the game where I left it off.