• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://imgur.com/a/6QQBgpR

3 months post launch and 6 patches later, Jedi Survivor is still a broken ass game. I'm 25 hours in on PS5 and after getting my 4th crash tonight I've hit my breaking point. I put 90 hours into Final Fantasy 16 and never got a single crash. How this got released in an even worse state than what I'm playing now is just wild.

I would love for Digital Foundry to go back and examine this game again because the Performance mode is a joke and consistently drops below 30 on the first planet Koboh. Why is this trying to run at 1440p when it can't even maintain a stable framerate? Why is RT even enabled in performance mode to begin with?

If you're still interested in playing this game then keep waiting. There's a good game in there somewhere that's marred by a bunch of technical issues that I'm shocked after multiple patches are still not fixed.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it fucking blows

Game is incredible when it works, but I can't play this game on my 3080 without crashing too often to not piss me off entirely, had to fight a boss 5 times in a row on launch week because of it

People slog through it at lower frames and resolutions, have too many damn good games to play to give a shit about a broken game to slog through it like that, will wait til the holidays

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Gertsmann really likes this game despite not liking Star Wars, and every patch he tries to go back to his save and it crashes at the exact same point. He even got a custom save from the devs and it still crashed. What a shame man.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I was lucky enough to only have 1 crash when I reviewed it, but yeah it's seemingly still in a very rough state. I really hope they fix it eventually, when it works it's an amazing improvement.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Was waiting for this to be unbroken. Did the pc version for the first game ever get the polish it needed?

OP
OP
Brando

Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Gertsmann really likes this game despite not liking Star Wars, and every patch he tries to go back to his save and it crashes at the exact same point. He even got a custom save from the devs and it still crashed. What a shame man.
Damn that is literally the definition of Insanity lol

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
public SteamDB branch was last modified 14 days ago. Even longer for the other branches. It was getting some activity in May and June but nothing in July.

Chances are they are done patching the game, abandoning it just like Dead Space but in an even worse state. Another prime example of why you shouldn't preorder and deal with games that perform poorly. They are not going to fix it later.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Oh no. i was hoping to play this next. I put it in the backlog after it's rough launch but now ive beaten Zelda and FF16 i was hoping to go back and find it fixed.

OP
OP
Brando

Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
public SteamDB branch was last modified 14 days ago. Even longer for the other branches. It was getting some activity in May and June but nothing in July.

Chances are they are done patching the game, abandoning it just like Dead Space but in an even worse state. Another prime example of why you shouldn't preorder and deal with games that perform poorly. They are not going to fix it later.
Apparently Patch 7 is on the way according to the last patch notes.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This game broke me in terms of doing performance mode no matter the cost, had to settle for quality mode in the end. Easily the worst performing game I've played all year. I'll eventually get back to it, but yea, very disappointing

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Damn, I was thinking about getting this soon-ish, really liked the first one, but I sure aint buying it in this state

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I was lucky enough to only have 1 crash when I reviewed it, but yeah it's seemingly still in a very rough state. I really hope they fix it eventually, when it works it's an amazing improvement.

They won't fix it. After 6 patches they fixed nothing performance wise. They patches things they broke with previous patches. For the love of God game doesn't support Mouse navigation in the menus properly, that how bad things are.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was thinking about getting this soon-ish, really liked the first one, but I sure aint buying it in this state

I shouldn't have bought it Day 1 anyways (though I did split the cost w/ someone at least) because these games go on sale pretty quickly, but yea I've definitely learned my lesson for the presumed 3rd entry

OP
OP
Brando

Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Please do not buy this game. I was fooled and got it a few weeks ago on sale thinking it was fixed. It's not and I created this thread for awareness so others don't make the same mistake I did.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
After getting locked out of a quest line for a month and still getting crashes u til the end is done with respawn Star Wars. Absolute joke. No communications and new patches break new things.

Shame as the characters and story and the actual game are great. But it is a broken glitchy mess.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
it's not so bad. I think I had 2 crashes in 25 hours?

It is bad. On PC as I said starting from the menu that doesn't support mouse properly, to traversal stutters that are unbearable, to crashes on Jedha when RT is on, to white flashes due to culling issues, to lack of DLSS or XeSS while FSR 2 looks really bad... list goes on and on.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I bought Fallen Order years after release on PS5 and it was fine.

Guess I will do the same here and uh, wait for the fixed PS6 remaster in 5 years or so

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please do not buy this game. I was fooled and got it a few weeks ago on sale thinking it was fixed. It's not and I created this thread for awareness so others don't make the same mistake I did.
I ask honestly, did getting one crash every 6+ hours majorly impact your overall experience with the game?

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's a damn shame. Had very minimal issues on XSX. Easily one of my fav games this year

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
It is bad. On PC as I said starting from the menu that doesn't support mouse properly, to traversal stutters that are unbearable, to crashes on Jedha when RT is on, to white flashes due to culling issues, to lack of DLSS or XeSS while FSR 2 looks really bad... list goes on and on.
Ugh. The culling flashed were so bad I was worried my ps5 was dying. Never seen another game behave that way as "normal"

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Was waiting for this to be unbroken. Did the pc version for the first game ever get the polish it needed?
YMMV but you can brute force a lot of the issues with good hardware. Doesn't mean its a good port however.

When I played it in Feb 2021 with a 3080 and 3900x, there was no notable issues except from one loading segment in an elevator (I think) causing my framerate to tank to single digits. Someone here may be able to chime in with the actual problems remaining in the port today that may not be hidden with good hardware.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
Respawn/EA/Disney seriously all need to get their act together. Fallen Order launched in the exact same state and they repeated that disaster once again on much stronger hardware—it didn't even have a last gen release!

If the third title sticks the landing I would argue it's probably the strongest narrative Star Wars has ever told in a game, but you cannot in good faith recommend these games as they have been released and it only hurts the chances of me getting the third at launch.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh. The culling flashed were so bad I was worried my ps5 was dying. Never seen another game behave that way as "normal"

On PC there is mod to fix it. And yet Respawn somehow can't or won't fix it. They literally did nothing performance wise after 5 patches. Hell they barely did anything bug fixes wise. They actually broke more things patching than they fixed so they had to release new patches to fix new broken things. But issue is that they release patch every month or two. So you get stuck with broken things. For the love of God they managed to broke graphics menu confirmation pop up on PC so for a month and a half people couldn't change graphics settings.

YMMV but you can brute force a lot of the issues with good hardware. Doesn't mean its a good port however.

When I played it in Feb 2021 with a 3080 and 3900x, there was no notable issues except from one loading segment in an elevator (I think) causing my framerate to tank to single digits. Someone here may be able to chime in with the actual problems remaining in the port today that may not be hidden with good hardware.

You can't brute force stutters for either game.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game last night on PS5, and yea, sadly that's true.

I didn't have anything as bad as OP, but the game is still buggy and a technical mess. Which is a shame cause if it was released in a polished state it could've been an actual GotY contender imo.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I bought and finished the PS5 version and actually enjoyed it a lot, but yes, it's a shitshow from a technical perspective. It practically needs a remaster already - as in like a more efficient port to UE5. They should do that and drop it when the PS5 Pro comes out, free for all current owners.

OP
OP
Brando

Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I ask honestly, did getting one crash every 6+ hours majorly impact your overall experience with the game?
I lost progress each time sometimes over an hour. Having to replay several large sections, encounters, and puzzles because it only saves at meditation circles.

Had I known this game was still in this state I would've not started it. There's no discussion/coverage of this game's current state, and as I said previously, I made this thread for awareness for others who thought this game had been "fixed".

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This is sad. I really want to play this when it goes on a sale, but they can't fix it after this long?

Atom

Jul 25, 2021

Not really but it was also not as broken as this at launch, and if you have decent hardware nowadays it's a mostly "okay" experience but you'll have shader comp stutter at the start and some traversal stutter in predictable places, but nowhere that becomes as overwhelming a shitshow as some of the more open environments of this game.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
That's a shame to hear. Guess I'll wait for the price to drop further until it is fixed.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I lost progress each time sometimes over an hour. Having to replay several large sections, encounters, and puzzles because it only saves at meditation circles.

Had I known this game was still in this state I would've not started it. There's no discussion/coverage of this game's current state, and as I said previously, I made this thread for awareness for others who thought this game had been "fixed".
I see, that's fair. I don't think I ever lost much progress whenever I encountered issues.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017

Good hardware doesn't solve the issues at all since there's no multithreading support etc.

Sep 6, 2022
3+ months and their game is still a broken mess.
Hell will freeze over before I ever pre-order another game made by this studio.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they fix it soon. I'm playing FFXVI first but it would be nice if I could play this after that.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least can the make the FPS more stable on console? My expectations are low, but the least they can do is fix the frame tearing

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Again people should stop expecting game to be fixed. If Respawn was to fix it it would do it months ago. ND and Iron Galaxy pa5ched TLoU on PC every week for 2 months to fix issues after release, Nixxes released 2 patches in like 4 days to fix R&C issues on PC. Respawn releases patch that does nothing every 1-2 months.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It hurts my soul that this game was shipped in the state that it was and that they still haven't fully fixed it up because it's still legitimately my GOTY so far. The game itself is absolutely fantastic and a huge upgrade over the first, but the performance is just unacceptable. Especially considering the first game had abundant performance issues too. They learned absolutely nothing about those issues apparently. It sucks to see such an amazing game content wise get sabotaged by its own developer because they didn't delay it another 6 months or however much it needed to be fully polished.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Broken is such a strong word for an 85 MC title.

Are the reviewers just useless at informing the issues or they simply can't be trusted?

Apr 27, 2020
Haven't had any crashes but I've had a lot of bugs which forces me to reload a checkpoint and lose progress. Sometimes prompts disappear from doors/objects and I can't open/move them. Recently Kal was stuck in a room after a cutscene with the person he was talking to. Obviously, the NPC wasn't supposed to be there because he was frozen in place. I couldn't leave the room and had to reload.