SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of glad there isn't BC, because it sort of "forces" all these ports to have updated graphics, controls, haptics, etc.

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Arriving Feb 22 yay!

My retailer still says ETA February 24th.

On the 22th in the morning I will go to a local shop to see if they have any. And when they tell me they have none....
Disappointed-child-BrianAJackson-iStock-1.jpg

yung-goose

May 12, 2020
Having played Kayak on PC, I have to say it is indeed beautiful and has cool physics, but it is genuinely boring. You're just slowly paddling around nice landscapes. That's it. It's hard to see spending more than a few hours in the game.

If you're okay with dropping money on something that isn't much more than a visual spectacle, go for it. But don't go in expecting a fun video game.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Having played Kayak on PC, I have to say it is indeed beautiful and has cool physics, but it is genuinely boring. You're just slowly paddling around nice landscapes. That's it. It's hard to see spending more than a few hours in the game.

If you're okay with dropping money on something that isn't much more than a visual spectacle, go for it. But don't go in expecting a fun video game.

That's fair, until they add proper multiplayer it's more of an experience, but I like those kind of things in vr.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Any good arcade light gun-like game recommendations? I mean stuff like pistol whip looks neat but it's more of a rhythm game? I just want something like Time Crisis or HotD.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I'm kind of glad there isn't BC, because it sort of "forces" all these ports to have updated graphics, controls, haptics, etc.

I've thought about this, but it's kind of hard to say. Ports are vastly better than BC, for sure, but it's very possible we could get those ports anyway due to competition from devs. A port gets more sales than a BC game would. I feel that at most it's a silver lining.

NekoCat

May 6, 2022
New York

The checkpoint races sound like good workout. And it should be fun for my family to take turns on the headset, trying to beat each other's times.

But yeah, expecting it to be pretty barebones, and that's fine with me. Some of my favorite VR experiences have been the ones that feel like theme park rides rather than complex games.

Last edited:

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Speaking of experiences, I hope we get some decent space ones, the Apollo one could have been really cool, the moon part was good even in PSVR.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Any good arcade light gun-like game recommendations? I mean stuff like pistol whip looks neat but it's more of a rhythm game? I just want something like Time Crisis or HotD.
You can safely ignore the rhythm stuff in pistol whip and still have an amazing time. Unfortunately there isn't much in the Lightgun shooter genre in VR. Switchblade VR will probably be the best option when it comes out.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized... I might go over my data cap this month. I'm generally pretty close to the cap anyway, and with the PSVR 1 games I've been downloading and now the PSVR 2 games I'll be downloading... might be tight. Curse you Comcast.

In my experience I just ignore the rhythm aspects of Pistol Whip because I have no rhythm lol. And it's a fucking great game that would scratch that light gun itch. I hope we get Superhot VR support at some point too.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Any good arcade light gun-like game recommendations?
No recommendations, but something I've been wanting to see in VR since I first experienced PSVR in 2016 - Dead Space: Extraction. It's the Citizen Kane of light gun games, an on-rails shooter with a shockingly good story and tons of Dead Space atmosphere. It was criminally underrated on the Wii where it came out, and I think I was one of only about 20 people who bought it on the PS3 when it was ported to the Move controllers.

I have absolutely no expectations that it will get a VR port in the wake of the very positive reception of the Dead Space remake, but...in a better world...

NekoCat

May 6, 2022
New York
No recommendations, but something I've been wanting to see in VR since I first experienced PSVR in 2016 - Dead Space: Extraction. It's the Citizen Kane of light gun games, an on-rails shooter with a shockingly good story and tons of Dead Space atmosphere. It was criminally underrated on the Wii where it came out, and I think I was one of only about 20 people who bought it on the PS3 when it was ported to the Move controllers.

I have absolutely no expectations that it will get a VR port in the wake of the very positive reception of the Dead Space remake, but...in a better world...

I want the Resident Evil Chronicles light gun games that came out on the Wii around the same time.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
My PSVR arrived! But no sight of my PS5 so all I can do is stare at it 😫
Oh, man, that's brutal! Mine is, like pretty much every other Playstation Direct customer's, "awaiting carrier pickup", which I assume means they printed out label, slapped it on the box, and then put the box on a pallet in a corner of the warehouse with six billion other boxes on a slightly smaller number of pallets. So annoying that they send an email saying "it's been shipped!" when it hasn't even gone out the door.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Other than Pistol Whip or Switchback, nothing of the caliber of TC or HotD. Zombieland is OK, it's supposed to be getting a fairly sizable update for its release on PSVR2, so it might have gotten better but will have to wait and see.

Sometime after launch there's also Desperate Vladivostock, which seems to get pretty positive reviews on Steam and Oculus store, but I've never played it personally.

Sep 5, 2022
I just realized... I might go over my data cap this month. I'm generally pretty close to the cap anyway, and with the PSVR 1 games I've been downloading and now the PSVR 2 games I'll be downloading... might be tight. Curse you Comcast.

In my experience I just ignore the rhythm aspects of Pistol Whip because I have no rhythm lol. And it's a fucking great game that would scratch that light gun itch. I hope we get Superhot VR support at some point too.
Only 10$ more for unlimited data if you're already renting a modem through xfinity. Invest in xfi complete, you won't regret it.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

I want the Resident Evil Chronicles light gun games that came out on the Wii around the same time.

Give me both of these, but also give them optional modes where you're in a virtual arcade playing them on a light gun machine.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, man, that's brutal! Mine is, like pretty much every other Playstation Direct customer's, "awaiting carrier pickup", which I assume means they printed out label, slapped it on the box, and then put the box on a pallet in a corner of the warehouse with six billion other boxes on a slightly smaller number of pallets. So annoying that they send an email saying "it's been shipped!" when it hasn't even gone out the door.
I'm going through a similar issue waiting for my PS5 to come back from repair. They don't offer any way of tracking the status of the repair, and when I called this week all they could say is that it was in the final stages of the repair. I'm hopeful that it will be here by the end of the week, but I have no way to know.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021

I was super happy when AT&T fiber finally came to our neighborhood last month. Cheaper, way faster upload and no data cap. Was tired of only having Comcast/Xfinity as an option the whole time we've lived here and having to watch the data cap or pay $30 a month more (had our own modem) for unlimited.

Oct 26, 2017

I was one of the twenty. It was great; am I misremembering but did it have the canon origin of the 'twinkle, twinkle little star' song from Dead Space 1 at the end?
Guilty confession: I also played through Dead Space Ignition (which I think I may have got as part of a DS2 pre-order bonus?). That one was... not great.

I would love to play anything Dead Space on PS VR2. Do it you cowards!
If you're brave enough to make it than I'm brave enough to play it for 5 minutes and then switch it off and sit shaking in the corner until help arrives.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just a note, I found the headset quite heavy as my first VR headset. Not heavy like "your head will get really heavy", but heavy as in "looking up can be a bit painful if you do it for too long". I imagine this sort of stuff is something you get used with time, but it bears noting.

Also, as a recommendation, mess with the lens position before trying the headset. They come in with a real short distance from each other and it can hurt your nose.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
is there any chance RE4 remake gets a update for PSVR2?
They've said it will be supported, but we don't know what that means. Could be a shooting gallery or it could be the whole game. No way to know right now what it will be. I wouldn't get your hopes up it's to the level of what they're doing with RE8, but who knows.
psvr-resident-evil-4.jpg

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks to the feedback i ended up going with the g923.

Does anyone have experience with Omega GT stands? I ordered a GT Omega Apex (i plan on getting a better stand later i just didn't like spending a metric shit load of money this month) since apparently it has less wobble and it looks like it would fit best at my desk for when i want to play there. Wish i could get correct dimensions on the angles not just pure height.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
On the 22nd I have a busy day of meetings at work, followed by electrolysis, dinner and then catching up with friends for our weekly social/fortnite session.

I just want to Kayak 🥺🛶🌊

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Well I'm going into PSVR1 once again. See if I can finished some backlog games and the finally put it in the closet until Sony finally decides to port Astro Bot and Blood & Truth.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Anyone think there is a chance something like What the Bat could be a PS+ game since it's not available for pre-order.
None, as is true of Dyschronia: Chronos Ultimate, which also isn't available for pre-order although it's got a launch day release date. We won't see PSVR 2 games in PS+ for a good long while, because there's no upside for Sony. Right now sales are going to be driven by the hardware itself, and possibly word of mouth once people start playing RE8 & GT7 in VR. Putting a brand-new game in PS+ that no one has no pre-established appeal and can only be played by an incredibly tiny sliver of the Playstation audience makes no sense for Sony.

If you want to play it on launch day, buy it on launch day. VR developers are usually living on a shoestring budget, and hopefully healthy sales on the PS market will attract more developers.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Well I'm going into PSVR1 once again. See if I can finished some backlog games and the finally put it in the closet until Sony finally decides to port Astro Bot and Blood & Truth.
I've been doing that for the last month, going through the PSVR 1 backlog when I could find the time. Didn't really enjoy Blood & Truth (although the production values are fantastic), got stuck on a boss fight I couldn't get past in Farpoint, and absolutely hated the few hours I put into Borderlands 2 (my first Borderlands game, and clearly my last), but Invisible Hours wound up being an early front runner for GOTY 2023. For people who like murder mysteries, time travel, stories, and plays, with a sprinkling of Nikola Tesla & Thomas Edison, it's very much worth checking out.

Tonight: Déraciné.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing that for the last month, going through the PSVR 1 backlog when I could find the time. Didn't really enjoy Blood & Truth (although the production values are fantastic), got stuck on a boss fight I couldn't get past in Farpoint, and absolutely hated the few hours I put into Borderlands 2 (my first Borderlands game, and clearly my last), but Invisible Hours wound up being an early front runner for GOTY 2023. For people who like murder mysteries, time travel, stories, and plays, with a sprinkling of Nikola Tesla & Thomas Edison, it's very much worth checking out.

Tonight: Déraciné.
Invisible Hours is one of my PSVR faves. Criminally underlooked. Sleep No More fans, or virtual drama nerds need to seek it out. I want someone to make like Donald Glover to make a PSVR2 experience like that, but with production of something like Atlanta.

Funkallero

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Been thru the PSVR1 these past days too and honestly I'm shocked at how blurry it looked.
Some games a better than other in that respect but even the theater mode looks like a blurry mess.

I also showed Minecraft VR to my daughter who loves it, any idea if it'll be available on PSVR2?

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
It's sort of embarrassing that I've worked in the industry for nearly multiple decades and I know like nothing about VR titles. I recall conversations in meetings like a century ago with Sony seeing VR1 before it came out. And I personally just never got into it. Reflection of the industry or me personally? Questions for another day!

That said, I decided to personally jump in head first with PSVR2 and now have one so I'm welcoming myself to the club!

If you'd recommend 1-3 launch games to a sceptic, what would they be? I've only ever played beat saber and super hot years ago on an older Vive