• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
One of the main missions bugged out near the end for me. Went through a different route by accident and ended up doing most of the mission except the beginning. Now the mission wont progress since the door that is supoosed to open with enemies is stuck and does not open. So i already got the fisson core but the game thinks i dont. But i cleared the map off enemies.

My last save before this mission is three days ago. No idea what to do now other than raising a support ticket.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
One of the main missions bugged out near the end for me. Went through a different route by accident and ended up doing most of the mission except the beginning. Now the mission wont progress since the door that is supoosed to open with enemies is stuck and does not open. So i already got the fisson core but the game thinks i dont. But i cleared the map off enemies.

My last save before this mission is three days ago. No idea what to do now other than raising a support ticket.

A door that was supposed to be open wasn't so I jumped in a nearby hole, died and it opened on respawn

Last edited:

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
There's a lot of empty space on the map, so you really need to check for ?s. Once discovered, it will usually place more ?s nearby. Then chain everything close.

I hate checking off ?s usually, but because of the masses of empty space it's the only real way to ensure you always find something to do.
Yeah that's kinda what I mean, there's nothing cool or interesting to really discover for yourself, just going from location to location on the map, even in Far Cry 5 they had these neat little areas tucked away with stuff to see and find, it wasn't always something big, but just cool, scenic little locations somebody on the dev team went out of their way to make, camping sights tucked away in the mountains, or stuff like the rocket launcher hidden at the "Yes" sign in the mountain.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting subtitles that sound like someone is being interrogated while driving around, I thought maybe it was from later in the game and just popping up at the wrong time, but I beat the game and don't remember a scene like that. Anyone know what it's from?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Dancing around a crowd of enemies killing and hoovering up the Feltrite they drop to heal is so fun. Being able to face tank everything as long as you keep your momentum makes combat such a rush. Throw in all the other powers and their perks and it's almost like a rhythm game, it just grooves.

I wonder how many people will stop before they unlock all the really cool shit... I get why, the game's flawed, but this combat really deserves some attention.

The shotgun.. just fuck.

I can't stop playing it and I'm supposed to be sorting TD2 clan stuff and getting ready to raid, ahhhhh!

Is this a good podcast game?
Perfectly so.

Just chain ?s and other stuff you see on the map. Unlock the Gyrocopter asap. Grab the shotgun first. >:)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's kinda what I mean, there's nothing cool or interesting to really discover for yourself, just going from location to location on the map, even in Far Cry 5 they had these neat little areas tucked away with stuff to see and find, it wasn't always something big, but just cool, scenic little locations somebody on the dev team went out of their way to make, camping sights tucked away in the mountains, or stuff like the rocket launcher hidden at the "Yes" sign in the mountain.
Well, if you ignored the ?s on the map itself you would come across these things naturally... but you're right, there should be little bits in-between all the stuff we have already. There's too much empty space that feels a drag to move through.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Well, if you ignored the ?s on the map itself you would come across these things naturally... but you're right, there should be little bits in-between all the stuff we have already. There's too much empty space that feels a drag to move through.
Yeah that's what I mean, lots of nothingness between all the marked locations.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Talking to NPCs in this game is so buggy. I tried to talk to Kvasir to start a new mission and his voice was muted. :/ That's been more than half the characters in the Game so far for me lol

Last edited:

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shooting is incredibly fun but the rest of the game is so mediocre. Environments are bland, vehicles handle horribly, stuff to do in the world is repetitive so far. Hope it gets better.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I've played about 12 hours so far and the combat is really well done. Between your powers and weapons you have a lot of ways to handle each location. Too bad the rest of the game is mediocre at best. I'm always at that point where I'm thinking if I should keep playing or not, but the combat is keeping me around for now.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
You know, coming into this game right after Div2, seeing the same issue, another game that is all gameplay with absolute garbage characters and story. Ive forgiven this so many times in the past, Im part of the problem, because I keep buying these games that deliver half of their potential. I know crafting narratives and characters in an interactive medium is more challenging than writing for a movie or tv series, but we've seen it done successfully many times. Imagine how much cooler Rage 2 could have been with a real story and characters. We're selling ourselves short accepting these halfass efforts even if the basic gameplay is fun.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
PC port running good ? might get it in the next 10 or so minutes

Oct 25, 2017
Games unplayable now. What was an unacceptably slow menu is now just a 1 in 4 chance of crashing by opening it. Base PS4. embarrassing

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I've played about 12 hours so far and the combat is really well done. Between your powers and weapons you have a lot of ways to handle each location. Too bad the rest of the game is mediocre at best. I'm always at that point where I'm thinking if I should keep playing or not, but the combat is keeping me around for now.

Yep, I'm crushing the main quest line and then selling my disc while it's still worth a few bucks.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
About a dozen hours in and I'm starting to hit a wall. I've got all the abilities and guns but combat is starting to feel really samey. There's just really nothing to support the combat in this. Everything outside of direct combat encounters is terrible.

This and Days Gone have been basically the only time this gen I've skipped cutscenes. At least I only skipped some minor ones in Days Gone. Here, I started skipping like two hours in. All the writing is so bad.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This game is like a constant whiplash.

Combat and general gamefeel is incredible. Like, the feel of dashing around with a shotgun is GODLIKE. But this frenetic pace is hurt a lot by everything after a fight--scavenge the areas, getting in a car to drive around, etc. feel so slow compared to the highs. When you have this many options being in a vehicle just restricts the player.

This would be a toptier linear/DOOM-esque FPS but unfortunately as is there's too many things holding it back. Don't really see that changing from where I am a few hours in eithere.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Well I was able to pass through the locked door area by using a texture glitch. Now it says Get The Fission Core... but since I already destroyed the two consoles for the shield , I can just pick up the core, (which is actually not there), a few enemies spawn, and then nothing. Sigh ... At this point might as well just restart the entire thing

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Fuck story in games, this shit is fun.

Exactly. I'm not expecting James fucking Joyce. Just lemme drive around, kill shit and upgrade my doohickeys so I can drive around and kill more shit. The core loop here is great. I just wish there was a greater variety of enemies and archetypes.

The more I play the more I like this game.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
How is the performance on Xbox One X? I read the threadmarked impressions just wondering if there were others. Curious if the framerate is solid.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Crash through the gate, Gatling Guns blazing. Once those run out, it's an ejector seat into the sky and then back into the crowd with my shotgun clearing out the vermin. Big guy? No problem, I have my rocket launcher ready. And when that's done,

I spend 10 minutes looking at a wi-fi signal to find a datapad in a corner somewhere. Then I go find my car, because it's a 10-minute drive out of here.

I love the game but I spend a good amount of my time looking at a map, figuring out how to spend the least amount of time driving to do what I want. That seems... off.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
This game is like a constant whiplash.

Combat and general gamefeel is incredible. Like, the feel of dashing around with a shotgun is GODLIKE. But this frenetic pace is hurt a lot by everything after a fight--scavenge the areas, getting in a car to drive around, etc. feel so slow compared to the highs. When you have this many options being in a vehicle just restricts the player.

This would be a toptier linear/DOOM-esque FPS but unfortunately as is there's too many things holding it back. Don't really see that changing from where I am a few hours in eithere.

Seriously I can't remember the last game I skipped cut scenes or outright avoiding interacting with any NPCs least in my first play through, but besides the first reveals with some key characters and being interesting everyone else I can't muster up to give a shit. But god damn is the gameplay wild.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna miss the mobility from this game if DOOM Eternal doesn't have similar skills.

One of the more recent gameplay shows some pretty great looking stuff. Like, straight outta celeste midair air dash refreshers.

~41 minutes in if that timestamp doesn't work. Makes me hopeful that they combine a lot of this stuff into combat encounters later.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm straight up hooked on this game, it's not the best game and I have some real issues with it but I'll be damned if it isn't fun just going around clearing areas out and using all the abilities and weapons, I just started getting into the car combat and it's not quite as good as Mad Max was but it's still quite fun. Avalanche really nailed the gameplay loop and there's always a new ability, weapon or upgrade that I want to work towards.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
The combat is just superb. Best shotgun in bloody years and all the powers and stuff combine wonderfully. Not without it's issues but I wish more shooters felt this good.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I'm thinking of taking a break of this game and hope for patches and improvements on PC. Game is fun but bugs, image quality and performance are beta-tier. This game is not finished.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Any fix for the dead zone issue with XBO controller on PC? Makes the controls feel laggy even though they're not, really annoying.
I use DS4Windows with my DS4 to emulate a xbox controller, and I used the anti deadzone settings in there to fix it and made night and day difference. I am not sure if there is a similar app for the xbo controller, but if you are using steam controller config they have anti deadzone settings that could fix the issue for you

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Wrapped it up tonight. Overall, I'd say I ended up finishing the game feeling pretty down on it. There's a good game to be had somewhere in here, but Rage 2 as it's assembled is not it.

Once you unlock a few things, the combat encounters are fun and feel great, but are also so short that none of it ever really gets a chance to shine. Pacing feels like one of this game's biggest issues. You roll up to one of the million bandit camps, cruise through the 15 or so enemies inside in maybe 60 seconds, and then the game slows wayyyyyyy down as you spend the next 5-10 minutes hunting around for currency chests and data pads, thennnnn spend a few minutes driving your janky car through the janky open world to the next bandit camp.

Eventually you realize none of it actually matters that much.

The amount of currencies and skill trees and options are plentiful, but you have almost no reason to engage with any of it. None of it makes a difference. The combat encounters never get much longer and never really test you. You're never really made to experiment because rather than guiding your ability/weapon acquisition directly and balancing encounters around that, the game is counting on you to want to explore the open world to find arks to unlock new guns and abilities at your own pace in your own order. By the time I found a fourth weapon (including the pistol I don't think I fired again past the tutorial), I had already fully upgraded the AR and shotgun, and trust me, you'll never need anything else. You could've told me this whole game's toolkit was the AR, the shotgun, and the Shatter ability and I would've believed you. I eventually found a couple more guns (hyper rifle, rocket launcher, fire gun thing), and most of the abilities (just missing Barrier, I think), and just barely used them.

That's not to say the combat is bad - it's really good! Or at least, the feel is really good! Like I said before: pacing is the issue. Rage 2's combat feels somewhat comparable to Doom 2016, but there was a relentless, oppressive nature to those arenas that felt like a good balance to your overpowered weapons and abilities. You felt ridiculously powerful, but still felt tested. Rage 2 never provides that. The closest it ever comes are the Authority base missions that seem to end each major NPC's questline... until you realize each one is more or less exactly the same (even featuring that same crusher sub-boss each time).

And finally, it's crazy to me just how many different bespoke systems are layered into this game that you don't even need to engage with. Did you know you can craft things like medkits? Or that you can buy upgrade kits to make your crafted items better? There's a dude in one of the towns that you can trade rare materials to for unique character stat upgrades too. And hey, what's a turret drone? Oh, and you can race people and trade cars in to towns for car upgrade parts to upgrade the guns on your one specific car because car combat is probably going to be a huge part of the game, right? Oh man, I remember running into those named vehicle convoy bosses roaming around each zone! Those must hint at some sort of bigger, more involved Fury Road-esque car combat encounters later on and definitely aren't just... completely optional encounters that reward 5 car upgrade parts?

Rage 2 is just bizarre, man. There's so, so, so much here, but it's all just so shallow. That gyrocopter does make getting around the world 1000% better though. Definitely get that.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Desdemonya is such a fun character

Mutant Bash TV in general is just great

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
How is the performance on Xbox One X? I read the threadmarked impressions just wondering if there were others. Curious if the framerate is solid.

I'm about 8 hours in and I've only noticed one drop in one specific spot at an outpost. And I think that's just because it was a crowded walkway where I splattered 4 guys w/ slam and it was on a cliff overlook with a huge vista.

Other than that, it's been a rock solid 60, or close enough to not notice any dips. Disclaimer: I'm on a Samsung QLED w/ VRR enabled.