• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah while I think Lupe is lyrically better than Kendrick, Kendrick would get him. All Kendrick would have to say is that he did what Lupe couldn't do and Lupe is bitter. The whole Lasers situation is such a huge stain on Lupe man.

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
Lupe does (is) seem pretty bitter about never receiving the recognition of his peers. I doubt anyone is going to entertain him.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Kdot would be stupid to reply to Lupe.
Dude should reply and handle first Drake before even thinking about Lupe.

A rapper being more technical/skilled than another doesn't necessarily guarantee they'd be better in a battle with another. That's what makes the Drake/Kendrick/(formerly)Cole interesting. Yea Lupe got Royce, but Lupe and Kendrick ain't former podcast friends so knows where they'd take it.

But to be real for a sec, even though I like Lupe, Kendrick makes better albums than him for sure. Was listening to both catalogs today at work. Still love F&L tho.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Kendrick taking the Meg route and not responding feels like The Way even if it doesn't feed the beef hungry. He said what he had to say.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Kendrick taking the Meg route and not responding feels like The Way even if it doesn't feed the beef hungry. He said what he had to say.
It's not the way. he been sending shots at drake for years. No use going into hiding again. Just proves what J Cole said about hims dissing for attention right.
He also didnt say anything(Some nameflips for the album/songs and the prince line) other than to try and bait Drake to respond.

I heavily doubt kendrick will not respond. Ppl affiliated with him/TDE been posting about hearing the record. He just waiting for w/e reason.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
If Kendrick got that prize for TPAB I would kind of understand. For DAMN though? That shit was hokey. Of all the hip hop albums ever made. We didn't even know they were eligible

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Respond to Lupe's what exactly? He didn't diss him.
Idk, I'm assuming it's a hypothetical situation. Was just weird they acting like the Pulitzer means Kendrick shouldnt bother with Lupe if something did pop off. It just comes off weak.

For the "pulitzer means kendrick doesnt have to respond crowd" - Kendrick named Lupe in the control verse, Lupe responded. He didnt have a pulitzer then, so why was Kendrick scared to respond at that time?

I bought Food & Liquor the day it released.
Your point? Doesnt stop you from being a kendrick stan. Are you cool with using accolades to deflect from a battle or not?

If he Kendrick got that prize for TPAB I would kind of understand. For DAMN though? That shit was hokey. Of all the hip hop albums ever made. We didn't even know they were eligible
Correct, it was for DAMN.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I think this gives more context to what Lupe was expressing during that Spaces interview with Verb:

View: https://twitter.com/LupeFiasco/status/1780290309361959150?t=th-ExSvr-ZyEJWI8_sghXg&s=19

Also, since the personal "imo" soapbox post are coming out about Adidon, it made me go back to this lol:

View: https://youtu.be/AlzaHs08uKY

"Nigga you got kids 😱?!"

Beef Rap is disrespectful first. The sonics and the radio playability are far and away second and thirds. If niggas wanna song, go listen to albums and singles. Someone quoted Nikki about how YMCMB do things and it ain't worked for them at all. Drake beat Meek, and that was because Meek wasn't the caliber for the popstar. Meek can freestyle but he completely underestimated his opponent and did not put enough time in to develop his response. Common was out of the weight class too. Not due to bars. Just due to being old in the game and not having the social status of Drake. Sometimes money is a better diss than bars. Sometimes.

Ross is in Drake's league. Most of us late 20's to early 30's yo's grew up with the era of this Big 3. We saw the rise of each of the BIGGEST dudes in the game. We experienced Control together. And now we are seeing warfare between them. The mess is coming and that will determine the winner ultimately. Popcorn catchy songs a'la Back to Back, is not what will win. It adds to the disappointment in Cole leaving this (but I think he understood that this was more personal than his taste). Drake has made enemies. Now they are speaking. Some of them cannot scratch the gawd. Kendrick is the only one who can knock the armor off that nigga. Even Lupe, my GOAT, second only to DOOM, who can lyrically assassinate people on wax, is only big enough to put a chink in Drake's armor. K.dot is Saitama out here. Drake needs the full sweatshop and AI and memes to try to soften the blow.

But when the bomb drops... It's gonna be ugly. Pusha T already scratched the surface. He was like Tien vs Cell. Kendrick definitely Saiyan and I ain't talking Goten. And that's with respect to Drake and his team lol. Push ups is a fun turnt song with some heat in it. But it alone won't be enough. Kendrick is not Metro or Future or Ja Morant lol. Rick Ross's diss was more effective as a diss than Push Ups. So imagine K.dot's response... Call it glazin' but I'm hard pressed to see this go any other way than to the Pulitzer winner lol.

And I think Drake's closet skeletons, especially the not so secret ones, are wayyyy deeper than Kendrick's.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Lame shit dude.

At least Kendrick didn't release trash like Lasers. Or felt compelled to quit rapping for some time as a response to an anti-Semitic verse lol
I dont care about your thought's on Lupe's career, I didnt ask for it. Thank you for further proving that you are indeed kendrick stan.
Like you are steady taking shots at Lupe lol.

The issue was hiding behind the Pulitzer prize.

Your point? Doesnt stop you from being a kendrick stan. Are you cool with using accolades to deflect from a battle or not?

i-see-what-you-did-there-akeem.gif

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
For the "pulitzer means kendrick doesnt have to respond crowd" - Kendrick named Lupe in the control verse, Lupe responded. He didnt have a pulitzer then, so why was Kendrick scared to respond at that time?

what is this lmao

kendrick name dropped like 20 people in control, most responded and even more jumped in from the outside. Man had the whole industry up in arms, so why would he single out Lupe to respond to in that situation?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
what is this lmao

kendrick name dropped like 20 people in control, most responded and even more jumped in from the outside. Man had the whole industry up in arms, so why would he single out Lupe to respond to in that situation?
Ok control - "He dissed a bunch of ppl why would he respond"
to now (in this hypothetical lupe battle) it's "Kenny got a pulitzer, he doesnt have to respond"
lmao

If he wants the smoke like he claimed. He shouldnt have an issue responding back. We just saw Drake handle a handful of dudes in his response.

MarshallLaw

Oct 19, 2023
what is this lmao

he's talking to the invisible man, because nobody said this shit.

Dude is so wound up over a hypothetical. Huge Lupe stan. Probably loved Lasers

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Ok control - "He dissed a bunch of ppl why would he respond"
to now (in this hypothetical lupe battle) it's "Kenny got a pulitzer, he doesnt have to respond"
lmao

If he wants the smoke like he claimed. He shouldnt have an issue responding back. We just saw Drake handle a handful of dudes in his response.

I don't care about this accolade situation but you said he was scared of lupe after control lmao

Do you remember just how many people came back in response to kendrick after he dropped control? He had dudes coming out of pseudo-retirement. He had Lupe drop how many tracks in response?

Drake's doing small numbers in comparison here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, Jay in his prime didn't respond to everyone dissing him. He only responded to the ones who needed responding too. Lupe, he's been making comments about Kendrick for years. Honestly the most Kendrick need to do is give him half a bar like Jay did to "everyone else" on Takeover. Lupe is dope but there's literally no reason to be going into a battle with him because at this point he isn't the same Lupe he was in 2005-2008.

He's still dope don't get it fucked up but why beef with Lupe? He's got a bigger reason to beef with Big Sean, a friend of his, than Lupe. There's just no reason to. Even if I think Kendrick would win, why do it? Thats lame.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Eh, Jay in his prime didn't respond to everyone dissing him. He only responded to the ones who needed responding too. Lupe, he's been making comments about Kendrick for years. Honestly the most Kendrick need to do is give him half a bar like Jay did to "everyone else" on Takeover. Lupe is dope but there's literally no reason to be going into a battle with him because at this point he isn't the same Lupe he was in 2005-2008.

Yup. I remember 50 Cent complaining (and not in a troll way) about how he felt he had to pick up slack because Jay felt like he was above beef later in his career.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I see we're in the pretending lupe is relevant filler arc, wake me up when one of the protagonists leaves the time chamber

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lupe dropped his Kendrick diss years ago and no one cared, dude has been out of contention for a while and is riding high on the accomplishment of beating Royce da 5'9 lol. Although I guess Rick Ross is involved…

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Funny thing is I dont even listen to lupe.
People acting like Kendrick wouldn't smoke Lupe. Behave.

Lupe can enter the conversation when he bags a Pulitzer Prize.

Until then, stay in Kendrick's shadow
MarshallLaw it's obvious you just a dot stan. Kendrick has never battled anyone and went and hid whenever ppl came for him. You the only one that seems wound up here about a hypothetical if you pullin the "kenny has a pulitizer" excuse out. He has enough ammo to smoke Drake and and been wanting this beef for years and he fumbles that by joining 5 other ppl to diss Drake. Now Drake gets to play the "ganging up" card instead of it being Drake vs Kendrick from the start.

I don't care about this accolade situation but you said he was scared of lupe after control lmao

Do you remember just how many people came back in response to kendrick after he dropped control? He had dudes coming out of pseudo-retirement. He had Lupe drop how many tracks in response?

Drake's doing small numbers in comparison here.
Dont call out ppl if you scared to respond. Yall acting like Kendrick didnt bring that on himself. So yea, Im going to say he was scared to respond. You can disagree, I'm not trying to change your mind on it.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
defends Lupe with every character on their keyboard: "I am not a Lupe stan"

Points out categorical difference between a Pulitzer and a Grammy: "you are a Kendrick stan"

Nov 7, 2017
Yea I don't understand the Lupe adoration. Maybe he's not my thing but I remember liking kick push I guess? All his other songs were super wack to me

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Akademiks/status/1780386312471597172

defends Lupe with every character on their keyboard: "I am not a Lupe stan"

Points out categorical difference between a Pulitzer and a Grammy: "you are a Kendrick stan"
Damn, hurt your feelings I called you a dot stan huh? Like what I said that started this wasnt even a defense of lupe. It was calling out the cowardly logic of "he has a pulitzer so doesnt have to respond". You were the one talking about You bought food and liquor and giving a breakdown of Lupe's career. I also see you didnt answer the question? I'll post it again
Are you cool with using accolades to deflect from a battle or not?

How is this defending Lupe?
Does this mean that Kendrick is in Drakes shadow since he has more accolades than Kendrick?

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
More time passes more I like Ross out of everyone. No bullshit, direct, straight to the booth, no time to get tricked by A.I. It just felt refreshing

To be fair Drake did get jumped and had more ppl to address but still not a fan of the leak rollout

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Ehh, this diss aint it. If Drake wanted to go low he could mention the Gunplay situation. Gunplay had to run a 50k gofundme to get a his newborn a heart surgery. This was after he made a big show on live of gifting Ross a chain while he was laying in his bed. I remember a bunch of ppl refunded from the gofundme and Gunplay cussing them out.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtXYUQUNRFd/

Im also not sure why Ross steady wants to bring Birdman into it.
As far shit going violent. I don't really see it going that way unless Baby/J Prince are pulled in.
I think it stays on wax because Baby is linked heavily to Wack100 and he seems to run the bloods in cali. So that should keep shit in check, even for the lil dudes in the crew. I doubt the street shit comes out of Drake's mouth first.
That is one way to involve this getting to street stuff. I think Wack100 was threatening to having Ross' car shot up again yesterday.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I heard Calling For You before I was lttp on Cash Cobain with Fisherrr. The math is adding up for me now on the flow and ambience of that track.

This battle has taught me that Drake has writers for his weakest bars and most pedestrian flows.
I never understand the why.

but this shit ain't really damaging unless we find out that his more impressive verses are ghost written.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
This battle has taught me that Drake has writers for his weakest bars and most pedestrian flows.
I never understand the why.

but this shit ain't really damaging unless we find out that his more impressive verses are ghost written.
I think the why is the business of reaching that level and staying at the top for so long. You gotta feed the machine behind you on some popstar level stuff.