Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Realistically, Sony can't compete with the type of money MS can throw at next gen. It's highly unlikely MS will ever lose a spec console war again.

The popularity of the Wii and Kinect played a detrimental role in MS philosophy this gen, and Phil knows it. I'm sure Sony will produce a great console, but even with the success of PS4, Sony can't afford to match MS's next gen budget. Didn't MS burn a silly amount of money on controller R&D, and Kinect this gen. I think they stated the figures at some point, but they still had money to burn to release the X. Shit is real, which is great for all of us.

I agree. I think people really don't understand how different next gen is going to play out in comparison to previous ones.

Of course .that's very well possible indeed .but all I was trying to tell him was we don't know yet .he was talking with such confidence like he was given the next gen sepcs.

I know you're banned, but don't lie. Anyone here can scroll up and see that never happened; in fact, my post was more akin to the one you are freaking agreeing with right here. Here is exactly what I said word for word:

I fully believe Microsoft is going to have the superior console again with their direction, seriousness and confidence, but even if I am wrong, the fact is that it is highly likely then to be a close race. And again, if we have these problems in threads now... imagine then. In every fucking thread. So yes, I stand by what I said

Where was I talking with confidence about specs? You got offended by my post about what's going to happen in DF threads next gen, and I explained thoroughly in a lengthy post you cherry-picked and tried to make shit up about. My original point was, again: if DF threads or even freaking speculative threads like this one get shit up like this when there is a clear decisive technically superior console, to imagine what will happen in comparison/DF threads if (a) the gen starts reversed which isnt at all unlikely and can definetely happen or (b) if both consoles are eerily similar tech wise.

Welp, I caved on a One X. While I argued that I'd only play the story through once, I remembered I'll likely play quite a bit of Multiplayer just like I did RDR1 and I want the best experience I can for that.

I wouldn't buy a console for just one game, but congrats on the X. I guess you can play RDR1 in 4K which is a nice bonus because there is no other way to do this.

You accusing others for childish acting and console warring. But...you are upright member of the community here, right? Look at your own post history first and foremost.

You were speaking on my behalf while being someone who is constantly banned for freaking system wars (what like 3 times now?). Sorry, but I don't go into threads

• Lying about having a system to downplay/concern troll/justify and then get caught by detective-era because I forgot to edit previous posts saying I dont have said system
  • Go off on rants about sales numbers and corporation lickspittling while talking about the original non-S Xbox One in a thread about 4K Xbox One X speculation
  • Jump in a specific console thread saying I'm getting the other version because specs don't matter but then in the same sentence say I'm gonna double dip on the beefy non-existent PC version
Just a few choice tidbits from this thread alone.

Don't engage my dude . When one of his posts read like this:

The Xbox One X got fanboys so shook they think we on Gamefaqs or some shit

And he labels others 'kid's then that should automatically raise a couple red flags.

That post was directed at this:

Did you forgot that the majority of the xbox One gamers will play the "worst" version of all? Funny how people trying to forget the original XBO. Also funny how One X gamers still trying to convince themselves over the Pro player, with hyberbolic words like "destroys". I think Sony will laugh when they see the sales numbers.

Which led to TONS of people saying similar things and mass quoting that dude. But nah, try to paint a picture without context, right (ironically you say lots of similar things directed at very specific groups of people, but I digress)?

And you should understand the difference between me saying verbatim that some of yall act younger than my kids, which isn't wrong, over you implying that I am throwing the word kid as an insult out there, i.e., "whatever you say, kid," which is a way I don't speak/write. Again, context. Not sure why you're saying that would raise some red flags, but I'm sure you were just looking for something to stick.

philz

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else here thinking about or have bought both versions. I have the Pro and the X. I can't be the only one. I historically double and even triple dip on games I like....why not do it launch day!?
I pre-ordered for the PS4 Pro but am kicking around the idea of getting it for the X1X if there's a big enough graphical / performance improvement. Just hope the DF comparison hits soon.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I pre-ordered for the PS4 Pro but am kicking around the idea of getting it for the X1X if there's a big enough graphical / performance improvement. Just hope the DF comparison hits soon.

Same here, got the pro version ready to go.

If its truly big enough I'll grab the X version later as well.

But it would have to be an insane jump.

Golding

Oct 25, 2017

tumblr_lv15t9n0Ln1qd7uwho1_r1_400.gif

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Same here, got the pro version ready to go.

If its truly big enough I'll grab the X version later as well.

But it would have to be an insane jump.

Same here as well. I have both consoles and got the ps4 pro version in case my friends want to play the online. But my X is just staring at me making me want to get that version also...I can't believe I'm getting anxiety over if I should get the X version too. I'm weird lol

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Also, what was the tease (if it was a tease) on the last page? It just says "video unavailable" for me. : /
It's just a video with a song "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet".
Could mean anything.
* PS4 Pro version (which we have seen) isnt even close to the Xbox One X version (aka, we haven't seen nothing yet).
* Xbox One X version is actually worse than PS4 Pro version... and the feisty discussions we're seeing now... well, we haven't seen nothing yet.
* Poster just like the music...
;)

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am sure both versions will be great but if the game does not use the 1X's extra RAM and GPU for other things, I will be a little disappointed. Hoping for better draw distance, better shadows, better AA, more stable framerates etc but the improved texture options would also be a nice added choice.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Could mean anything.
* PS4 Pro version (which we have seen) isnt even close to the Xbox One X version (aka, we haven't seen nothing yet).
* Xbox One X version is actually worse than PS4 Pro version... and the feisty discussions we're seeing now... well, we haven't seen nothing yet.
;)
I own an X and would love for it to be utilized to the fullest with RDR2, but still... that could mean anything (could even just mean that we literally know nothing about the different versions). I have said that if any developer were to push each platform to their limits, it would be Rockstar. Still, keeping expectations in check until tomorrow (assuming that's when we get comparisons) is probably the best approach regardless of teases.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Pro and a X but I preordered it for the Pro. If the X is that much more impressive, I'll just have two copies of the game. Lol.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, what was the tease (if it was a tease) on the last page? It just says "video unavailable" for me. : /

Embedded YouTube videos dont play for me anymore either when im using my Samsung S8, it's bloody annoying.

OT, this thread is wild, it's all over the place lol.

Hoping the DF analysis video is about half an hour long.

Oct 26, 2017
Could mean anything.
;)

The second to last one isn't like to be the case because it sure wouldn't make any sense. It also would be the first multiplatform game that is really worse on the superior system and come on, it's Rockstar we're talking about here. :)

Because the person who posted it is from Digital Foundry.

People just love Bachman Turner Overdrive

Ah yes, I asked because I couldn't watch the video anymore and I wasn't aware yet it was a DF person. It's sure interesting.

It wouldn't surprise me if the game is native 4K on X, but no actual 4K textures then.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It's quite simple when this eventually comes out on PC, I can't afford to upgrade to play it in 4k. The Xbox One X is the closest thing I can get to best quality version of this game I've been waiting a very long time for.

I spent a lot of money on my 4k tv, I have a pro and I have a Scorpio. They both serve their purposes. Scorpio for multi plats and games with friends. PRO for the Spider-Man and God of War and the niche jrpg I'll pick up every now and then.

I'm hoping the X runs/performs and looks better for this game. But if it does not, it is not the end of the world.

That's my whole take on this.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
It's quite simple when this eventually comes out on PC, I can't afford to upgrade to play it in 4k. The Xbox One X is the closest thing I can get to best quality version of this game I've been waiting a very long time for.

I spent a lot of money on my 4k tv, I have a pro and I have a Scorpio. They both serve their purposes. Scorpio for multi plats and games with friends. PRO for the Spider-Man and God of War and the niche jrpg I'll pick up every now and then.

I'm hoping the X runs/performs and looks better for this game. But if it does not, it is not the end of the world.

That's my whole take on this.

Agreed 100% and my setup is similar