Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's quite simple when this eventually comes out on PC, I can't afford to upgrade to play it in 4k. The Xbox One X is the closest thing I can get to best quality version of this game I've been waiting a very long time for.

I spent a lot of money on my 4k tv, I have a pro and I have a Scorpio. They both serve their purposes. Scorpio for multi plats and games with friends. PRO for the Spider-Man and God of War and the niche jrpg I'll pick up every now and then.

I'm hoping the X runs/performs and looks better for this game. But if it does not, it is not the end of the world.

That's my whole take on this.

How very dare you be sensible ;)

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
How very dare you be sensible ;)
I just think if the machine does live up to the hype and it is truly the best optimized version of the game (best place to play being subjective to your friends list) it's important to say thanks Microsoft for delivering as opposed to a "sucks to be a Sony fan" (pun intended for example purposes)

People worked heinous hours to give us this game in two days, let's just appreciate their work wherever we play ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 26, 2017
I am sure both versions will be great but if the game does not use the 1X's extra RAM and GPU for other things, I will be a little disappointed. Hoping for better draw distance, better shadows, better AA, more stable framerates etc but the improved texture options would also be a nice added choice.

Agreed! They worked a long ass time on this and these people love to push the hardware. I mean, GTA V was impressive as hell on 360 and PS3. A lot of these multiplatform games offer a resolution bump but not much else, with a few exceptions. Hopefully RDR2 is in that list of exceptions.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
None of the DF guys have answered any of these questions over the past week.

Probably trying to avoid Rockstar literally coming to their homes.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
What if the DF boyz are reverse trolling?

God I can't wait until tomorrow. Gonna be HOT either way.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
It's quite simple when this eventually comes out on PC, I can't afford to upgrade to play it in 4k. The Xbox One X is the closest thing I can get to best quality version of this game I've been waiting a very long time for.

I spent a lot of money on my 4k tv, I have a pro and I have a Scorpio. They both serve their purposes. Scorpio for multi plats and games with friends. PRO for the Spider-Man and God of War and the niche jrpg I'll pick up every now and then.

I'm hoping the X runs/performs and looks better for this game. But if it does not, it is not the end of the world.

That's my whole take on this.
What gpu do you have if you can't even run 4k30? I bet even a gtx 1060 or RX 580 does that.

Daxter01

Nov 3, 2017
So based on Alex post the difference between two version's must be huge more than just Resolution and texture

Oct 26, 2017

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Man, people really need to be realistic here. I am very pumped to play this on my Xbox One X where I expect it to be the best version, but my assumption is that Digital Foundry is just pumped in general at how great the game looks across both consoles (particularly the PS4 Pro and X). Rockstar certainly has the resources to use hardware well, so I am hoping that things like framerate are still solid on the Xbox One X with the expected closer to/native 4K resolution and some other things such as better draw distance and shadows etc.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Me too, I'm really interested in seeing what R* choose to do with the extra overhead on X.

Makes you wonder if they even did go to a further extent than just resolution, given the fact they made 80-100 hour workweeks just to reshoot the cinematics so they could add black bars.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy.

On one hand, I want devs to use all the power possible of a console.

On the other, I'd rather not have to run out tomorrow to buy an Xbox One X after already pre ordering digitally on my Pro. ;)

Nov 30, 2017
I'm not 100% sure of the extra power a 1X has.

I know I've read the PRO version runs at the full 2160 vertical and half the 3840 horizontal of 4K. So can the X make that up? Maybe dynamic if not?

My only true hope as a PRO owner is it uses all the same settings and textures as the X. I'm fine if that's the case. And of course good performance on frame rate.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I know I've read the PRO version runs at the full 2160 vertical and half the 3840 horizontal of 4K. So can the X make that up? Maybe dynamic if not?

My only true hope as a PRO owner is it uses all the same settings and textures as the X. I'm fine if that's the case. And of course good performance on frame rate.
I'm fine with that as well as a Pro owner. I will very likely buy an X if it has better textures, shadows, draw distance, foliage, etc etc. (Of course I wan the X for other things as well but it would push me over the edge.)

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
I agree. I think people really don't understand how different next gen is going to play out in comparison to previous ones.

I know you're banned, but don't lie. Anyone here can scroll up and see that never happened; in fact, my post was more akin to the one you are freaking agreeing with right here. Here is exactly what I said word for word:

Where was I talking with confidence about specs? You got offended by my post about what's going to happen in DF threads next gen, and I explained thoroughly in a lengthy post you cherry-picked and tried to make shit up about. My original point was, again: if DF threads or even freaking speculative threads like this one get shit up like this when there is a clear decisive technically superior console, to imagine what will happen in comparison/DF threads if (a) the gen starts reversed which isnt at all unlikely and can definetely happen or (b) if both consoles are eerily similar tech wise.

I wouldn't buy a console for just one game, but congrats on the X. I guess you can play RDR1 in 4K which is a nice bonus because there is no other way to do this.

You were speaking on my behalf while being someone who is constantly banned for freaking system wars (what like 3 times now?). Sorry, but I don't go into threads

• Lying about having a system to downplay/concern troll/justify and then get caught by detective-era because I forgot to edit previous posts saying I dont have said system
  • Go off on rants about sales numbers and corporation lickspittling while talking about the original non-S Xbox One in a thread about 4K Xbox One X speculation
  • Jump in a specific console thread saying I'm getting the other version because specs don't matter but then in the same sentence say I'm gonna double dip on the beefy non-existent PC version
Just a few choice tidbits from this thread alone.

That post was directed at this:

Which led to TONS of people saying similar things and mass quoting that dude. But nah, try to paint a picture without context, right (ironically you say lots of similar things directed at very specific groups of people, but I digress)?

And you should understand the difference between me saying verbatim that some of yall act younger than my kids, which isn't wrong, over you implying that I am throwing the word kid as an insult out there, i.e., "whatever you say, kid," which is a way I don't speak/write. Again, context. Not sure why you're saying that would raise some red flags, but I'm sure you were just looking for something to stick.
My friend. You're not doing yourself any favors by labeling posters kids. Look you have an opinion on things as we all do but a little bit of respect, regardless if you agree or disagree with someone goes a long way.

Just saying.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Does this game have the option to run at 60fps using normal textures or is it 30 regardless?

Textures generally don't give you better or worse frame rate unless you don't have enough video memory (the game will probably start freezing at that point). Red Dead won't be 60 on any console regardless.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Compared to PS4 Pro:
  • +42% GPU advantage (4.2 TF to 6.0 TF)
  • +10% CPU advantage (2.1Ghz to 2.3Ghz)
  • +50% GDDR5 advantage (8Gb to 12Gb)
  • +50% bandwidth advantage (218Gb/s to 326Gb/s)
And quite a few less decibels.

Well, native 4k would require literally doubling the pixel output of the Pro version so technically would need twice the GPU power (+100%), and yet as we can see the X has +42%. That said we frequently see the X providing more than just a 42% resolution increase over Pro due to the additional bandwidth and other hardware efficiencies, but +100% is a bit of a stretch to put it lightly.

Last edited:

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Well I bought the x version also. Hopefully It's substantially better than the ps4 version I already bought. If so I'll just play single player on the x and multiplayer on the pro with friends.

If not I bought another version for no reason lol

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
mmeg6hQ.jpg

From reddit