The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 2018 would be just under 5 years since these consoles launched. Where the hell has Rockstar been all gen. Such a disappointment.

I've heard they reassigned all of their developers to just count money from GTA Online microtransactions instead. So, from what I understand, they have about 9 people working on making useless shit in GTA Online, and then 350 people sitting there sorting cash.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's an avatar for whoever wants it

yl5Hfkz.png

Thank you!!!!

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The real question is who else had October releases planned and what do they plan to do about it

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Planting that fall flag so many months ahead of time, scaring the competition to bump everything to September/early October.

It's still a ways off, but at least it feels real now!

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I will be that guy this time and say that it looks like that environments got a bit downgraded. Characters still look great.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping that that doesn't mean the same staggered release for the PC version...

Who am I kidding, we'll get it after the next gen version comes out.
GTAV sold 85 million and counting and they haven't had to put out anything new in the meantime, and they want to repeat that success with RDR2. They aren't going to do anything differently. The hype/release cycle, platforms and delays have all been pretty much identical with GTAV thus far. I fully expect the same later release strategy with the PC version and other "enhanced" versions.

This is going to be their one game for the next 4-5 years.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Am I the only one super impressed with how the horses look in motion and in those screenshots?

My god they must of spent tons of time at a ranch just checking out horses.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Making a killing on GTA 6
GTAO is like having the best selling game every year.
I've heard they reassigned all of their developers to just count money from GTA Online microtransactions instead. So, what what I understand, they have about 9 people working on making useless shit in GTA Online, and then 350 people sitting there sorting cash.
Yeah I get all that. Still sucks for gamers. Especially fans of Rockstar that remember the days before GTAV when they would release a game annually. Sucks, man.

Oct 26, 2017
Unless they have some other game planned for after RDR2 I can see this being the only current gen game from Rockstar. Just sad, really really sad.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with this. I've waited this long and RDR is one of my favorite games of all time. They're obviously taking their time to make sure it's the best it can be which is completely fine by me.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
How many games y'all think will get delayed
I don't feel we actually have that many games announced at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised to see The Crew 2 delayed further, or Spider-Man delayed given the amount of very senior staff Insomniac is seemingly hiring for that game.

I don't think it's impossible Fire Emblem falls out of this year either.

Oct 26, 2017
Yep I'm on your side with this. Hate GTA Online, hate what it's done to Rockstar, hate what it's done to the Grand Theft Auto brand.

Oh man I couldn't agree more with you. I'm 100% sure we would have had at least one Rockstar game on current gen by now. I loved the PS360 era where we got something every year. GTA IV, year later the two DLC for it, RDR, MP3, MCLA and so on. Sigh.

We're never getting that back.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I get all that. Still sucks for gamers. Especially fans of Rockstar that remember the days before GTAV when they would release a game annually. Sucks, man.
If the success of their multiplayer lets them create the game they want I'm happy to wait. I don't really need Rockstar Assassin's Creeding up their franchises.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's 2018, I don't care. That's amazing that we will be playing it this year.

This is going to look incredible on the One X.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Rockstar needs to hit us with that double whammy. RDR2 Fall 2018 and Surprise GTA 6 Fall 2019.

GTA 6 might have a decent chance of releasing Fall 2020, but certainly not Fall 2019. If I had to bet, I'd say sometime in 2021.

Remember, GTA V released 3 years and 4 months after Red Dead Redemption (May 2010 ------> September 2013).

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's fine atleast we have a date finally, omg can't wait! This and KH3 are my most anticipated games for 2018 :D

Plz KH also release this year heh....

But anyway hell yeah :D

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Rockstar certainly needs to get better at being clear about the release dates of their games. It would be fine if this was the first time something like this happened, but it's not. It's starting to feel like Rockstar purposefully announces a release "season" that they have no intention of hitting. Red Dead Redemption 2 will now release over 2 years after the initial announcement.