Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Damn thats rather late... Holy cow I was expecting like September at the lastest but this game is going to murder any game released around it. Thats around the same time I'd expect the next AC or BF game, thats would be bad to release those against RDR2

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not surprised, and I am fine with it. The quality of games coming this spring/summer would have meant I wasn't likely to pick it up at launch anyway...

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh I don't wanna play this on my normal PS4 nor do I want to buy a PS4 Pro. I don't have the willpower to wait for the PC version, ugh. Double dipping on another damn Rockstar game.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly the same trailer/news/delay/release cycle as GTA V. They can't genuinely believe they'll hit these dates they announce.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes. That October Spring.

Its Rockstar so I wouldn't be shocked for 1 more delay till April / May 2019

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
If the success of their multiplayer lets them create the game they want I'm happy to wait. I don't really need Rockstar Assassin's Creeding up their franchises.
But they never did. They came out with a different game for a different franchise last gen. Max Payne, Red Dead, GTAV, LA Noire. I don't understand how one can argue FOR releasing just one new game per gen. That fucking blows.

And it's not like their games didn't sell. It's not because of the success of their GTAV Online that we're getting RDR2. It's because of the success of GTAV Online on why it's taking so long.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I have yet to play RDR 1, have it installed on my xbox one X and now with a date for RDR 2, i'll definitely be tackling it this summer. Hyped, loved every game in the GTA series.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Not impressed with the screenshots, characters look great but I had higher expectations for the environments.

That said, October is fine for me. But let's hope it won't kill some other games.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rockstar needs to hit us with that double whammy. RDR2 Fall 2018 and Surprise GTA 6 Fall 2019.

RDR2 is pretty much all R* resources besides the team responsible for keeping GTAV Online rocking.

If anything this delay makes me think its pretty likely we aren't getting another GTA title on these consoles, or if we do it will be at the very tail end of the generation / cross gen at launch. No way they develop a full scale GTA game in 2 years and we will have new consoles by 2020

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
hm...depending on whether I have an Xbone X by then, I wonder what system I'll get this on

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Rockstar development office, Midnight October 25th...

working-to-death-business-mans-skeleton-using-laptop-in-office-picture-id485865905

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck me the screenshots are beautiful.
Fall is already insanely packed now damn.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
RDR2 is pretty much all R* resources besides the team responsible for keeping GTAV Online rocking.

If anything this delay makes me think its pretty likely we aren't getting another GTA title on these consoles, or if we do it will be at the very tail end of the generation / cross gen at launch. No way they develop a full scale GTA game in 2 years and we will have new consoles by 2020

GTA VI is probably in production since like 2 years ago. Rockstar is huge company.

Oct 27, 2017
I just can't get hyped for this. I was a huge fan of Rockstar Games and their games used to be the thing I look forward to each year but after GTA5 broke my trust, I just look forward to what disappointment they are going to give us.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
And it's not like their games didn't sell. It's not because of the success of their GTAV Online that we're getting RDR2. It's because of the success of GTAV Online on why it's taking so long.

There's absolutely no way to know that. Rumors suggest that the game was delayed internally because it simply wasn't good enough for a Rockstar game single player wise, not because of online. The baseless fear mongering because of disliking GTA Online is getting tiring.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Imagine if they said 'In the meantime though next week we release Red Dead Redemption remastered on current-gen consoles and PC'!

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
It's perfect for me.

I have started AC:Origins, not sure if I will finish it before april...
Then God of War and Detroit are my highest priorities.

So red Dead 2 will be my perfect game for the Fall/Christmas period! I'm wondering if Days Gone will be delayed to 2019 for this?

Mona-chan

Oct 31, 2017
Finally a release date.

What does Rockstar have in the pipeline after RDR2? Surely, one of their studios must have something in development? Toronto was once rumoured to have Bully 2 in the works.