The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks.

They always say this shit and nothing comes from it.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, those screens are beautiful.
Good on them to announce this early that it's coming in October, I guess. Now other publishers can schedule around Red Dead 2.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with the release date. Personally, I prefer to game when the weather's on the cool side so I'm totally down with fall and winter releases.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Safe to say they'll be a photo mode?

Also with the double delay they seem to be playing a fiscal Q game as to when they announced vs the two areas it was delayed to as well as how those delays were announced.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
There's so much good shit out these days that delays don't even phase me. I'll play it when it's out, and in the interim I have more than enough to catch up. Not like when I was a kid and reading the latest EGM to find that Zelda OoT was delayed again was devastating.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
I was planning on getting a One X around the launch of Red Dead 2, looks like i'll just need to wait a little longer. There might be a price drop before then or the deals will get better and better.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The sound of companies releasing games in the spring sighing in relief and the sound of companies releasing games in the fall scrambling in a panic.

RDR was a coding mess, and GTA V made it to PC and us one of the most successful games on the platform. I doubt they won't deliver on the PC front. Delayed, maybe, but if GTA V is anything to go by, it will hardly make a difference.

GTAV on PC was thankfully to new consoles aka XBoX and PS4

Nov 28, 2017
Those screens, holy shit. HYPE.

Since PC isn't out till 2020 (as usual), really tempting to throw the One away and pickup an X for this...

Will end up picking up the PS4 version too during BF, if the the MP is tits.

Mobias

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh
I'd actually completely forgotten this was even meant to be coming out this Spring. I think I just subconsciously presumed with the lack of news and marketing there was no way this was going to have an April/May release.

Great looking screen shots. Is odd to think this will be Rockstar's first proper game for this generation of consoles. First and last?

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, thats killer!

If only they were like "but here's Rockstar Presents Table Tennis 2/Remastered while you wait."

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because of the Anthem delay, i can perfectly live with this release date.
SOT in the Spring, Summer is no gaming time, RDR2 in the Fall and next year spring will be Anthem.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we're getting a new trailer in the next week or so, but that could just be me hanging on any new info. I'm still sad we're going to miss the Wild West in the summer, but so excited!

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
That sucks that it's delayed. I'm expecting my first child in August, and I was like "Well, at least I'll be able to finish RDR2 this summer before baby is born...." Those bastards. And nobody give me guff about priorities. A man has his priorities and a man has his videogames and it ain't a crime to want those things to stay in balance!

Ha, I'm in the exact same position - getting my first in September. Hoped the Juni rumours where true, so I could play this before. Oh well, will probably wait till sometime in 2019 then.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, later than I thought. Pretty much exactly a year after the Odyssey/AC:O/Wolf II release barrage, so it seems to be a popular time to release.
First Nintendo with the paid online announcement last night, now Rockstar just dropping huge news at random times like it's no big deal.
To be fair Nintendo's wasn't random, it was at an investors meeting.

Also, what's with the overreactions on Twitter about other publishers avoiding this release date? It's not like it's GTA. There are plenty of other franchises that would be able to compete with RDR.

Mobias

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh
Its crazy to think Rockstar basically just make two games with a now seven year plus development cycle for each game.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, later than I thought. Pretty much exactly a year after the Odyssey/AC:O/Wolf II release barrage, so it seems to be a popular time to release.

To be fair Nintendo's wasn't random, it was at an investors meeting.

Also, what's with the overreactions on Twitter about other publishers avoiding this release date? It's not like it's GTA. There are plenty of other franchises that would be able to compete with RDR.
Ppl have been doing this on here for the last two years. Everything including stuff like battlefield apparently has to get out of Rdr2 way
Welp, R.I.P. in peace Spider-Man PS4 legs.
Like this come on it's Spider-Man

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
From the pictures it seems we'll be able to guide our horse on foot with it's leash. I freaking love that, I had never even thought of that, that's when you realize that little details brings so much to a game.

That could be really cool. It would be amazing if they did a lot of small things that strengthen the bond between the player and his horse. There's a lot of character building in seeing a character interact with other people/animals (The Last of Us is a great example). A lot of small details that shows how the protagonist cares for his horse can give a lot to character building.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Its crazy to think Rockstar basically just make two games with a now seven year plus development cycle for each game.
They didn't start working on RDR 2 after the first one. GTA V needed a lot of resources from every team at R, in fact Rockstar San Diego ( the team behind RDR ) worked on GTA V.