• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Real?

• Yeah.

Votes: 606 49.1%
  • Nah.

Votes: 370 30.0%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 257 20.8%

• Total voters

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
The Xbox does not have epilepsy message and PS5 does not have autologin functionnality activated because the leaker probably doesn't want to risk to show his identity.

When all will be equal, this is basically the same going from cold boot for the two consoles. There is much more than loading during a cold boot, hardware check, HDMI handshake and message or logos.

Here epilepsy message stay three seconds on screen.

amstradcpc

Oct 27, 2017
Why arent there any Sony maketing people in Sony with a tweeter account that just says "fake"?. In MS's camp there are plenty.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming that everyone complaining about people being unimpressed missed the shit show that was the XSX cold boot thread. If that got shit on for basically having the same speed, why would this thread be any different?

I don't cold boot my PS so I'm fine with waiting 20 seconds in the event of a power outage or something. I'm sure it'll only be a couple seconds from standby.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
They announced the series S at 2am due to a leak. Ms have been very transparent and reactive compared to sony.

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017
So slow, this doesn't tie in well with the whole speed thing......hopefully it will be improved.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
Are you telling me that you can hold the Xbox button to bring up a menu which let's you choose between shutdown or suspend mode?

I have an Xbox One and a PS4. I know you can't do that on the Xbox. With the Xbox there's only one option and that depends what you have chosen in the system settings. It's either full shutdown or suspend mode. With the PS4, both options are always there.

ah... ok

never really paid attention to the xbox options. i know i can turn it off from hitting the xbox button. being someone who never suspends, i must have just presumed the option was there

i stand corrected

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
In my humble opinion, that white faceplates/wings whatever still looks dumb...

I hope we could take them off completely and I would never put it on ever again.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Doeen't really show the UI so it doesn't even matter to me if fake or not honestly. Sony should just show us the actual thing already.

Oct 26, 2017

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
It looks real to me. It's also a shame that our first contact with the UI is through a shady Russian leak.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude got 25% of the price of the console just by showing the startup lol

On topic, its fast, but its utterly generic. Just some sparkles.

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
Looks real to me (even if not). Matches the style of the quick glimpses we saw during the PS5 reveal stream.

I want to see the full menus/dashboard though.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I think it actually loads in about 9-10 seconds when we can see the PS logo. After than they legally need to display the disclaimer. Sony had trouble in the past when they tried to remove that disclaimer.
Why do they need the disclaimer and why isn't ms and Nintendo putting it on theirs?

Also do gamer consoles in general need them? Why not other electronic manufacturers like say Nvidia Shield tv boot with one? (example)