Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Reading news from the US lately, I've been thinking a lot about Ron Perlman's character in Don't Look Up.

Pretty frightening what's happening over there.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
There is an awkward hitch between white and life that to me sounds like it could be a genuine flub... but these people don't get the benefit of the doubt. It's a Freudian slip at best.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
Unrelated, but it was really cool last season on The Boys when the ladies teamed up to beat the shit out of that Nazi.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

Are they being stupid on purpose with calling trump president?

I don't want to watch it a second time, but if she said President Trump then that's a common thing for former presidents. Bill Clinton would get introduced as President Clinton, for example.

Don't get me wrong, she definitely believes he won, cause that's the kind of person she is.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
No one should be shocked by this anymore. This has been the right's aim for gutting abortion rights for decades.

Speaking of-

"According to Wattenberg, the most serious consequence of falling population may be a decline in military power. As he points out, military technology has become expensive indeed. It now costs almost $3 billion to build a heavy aircraft carrier, and the "Star Wars" project is likely to cost a trillion. Obviously, large populations of taxpayers are needed to support present-day military establishments."
www.latimes.com

The Birth Dearth: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE IN FREE COUNTRIES DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BABIES? by Ben J. Wattenberg (Pharos: $16.95; 182 pp.)

During the first two decades of the 20th Century, there was a great deal of talk in the United States of such subjects as "race suicide," the decline of Western civilization and the Yellow Peril.

Now add this:
www.resetera.com

Army drops requirement for high school diploma amid recruiting crisis

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/06/24/army-drops-requirement-high-school-diploma-amid-recruiting-crisis.html

Good times. Everything's just great.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
This woman being a white supremacist isn't predicated on whether or not this was a (honestly believable) slip of the tongue. It seems like she flubbed it. She's also 100% trash. Both things can be true.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
My dream is trump goes to jail and all his scotus/judges picks get rescinded because he's a fucking traitor to the USA. But that means holding rich white people accountable so I'm not holding my breath. But a man can dream. At least until they outlaw that.
Man, I hope you're doing well these days. Always love seeing your posts. If I'm ever in your city/town/whatever, I would totally buy you a drink or non-alcoholic beverage of your choice 👍

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
This was in Mendon? What the fuck. That's only about 30-40 minutes away. I've driven through their numerous times, it definitely is his type of area small rural community of just about 1k. I'm honestly surprised there was absolutely no buzz around town about this.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
This was in Mendon? What the fuck. That's only about 30-40 minutes away. I've driven through their numerous times, it definitely is his type of area small rural community of just about 1k. I'm honestly surprised there was absolutely no buzz around town about this.
It's almost like Trump events no longer garner any attention anymore because no one but his fanbase gives a shit lol

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody please tell me Nazi America isn't a real possibility. You yanks aren't that far gone... right?

Nazi american was a thing during the Nazi era, it being a thing now shouldn't be a surprise. To me that's the scariest thing, not just this country breaking down but it's cancer spreading through the rest of the world.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody please tell me Nazi America isn't a real possibility. You yanks aren't that far gone... right?
Nah. We aren't that far gone. The country is just very very segmented between Urban & Rural and the rural part as increasingly identified as being anti-urban. Which can darkly turn as some of the rural aspects attach themselves to anything deemed anti-urban, thus: anti-women, anti-LGBTQ and, yes, racism.

But this politician's views are extra pointless because she grew up in Chicagoland and is a representative in rural western Illinois. And there's few things more pointless in life than being a politician in rural Illinois. Chicago rules the state and Illinois is about to be the sanctuary for pro-life matters in mid-America. And there's nothing she or the other conservative states can do about it. Illinois will weather through this storm until the rest of the country figures it shit out... As it always does, at the last goddamn minute possible

"Americans will always do the right thing, only after they have tried everything else" - not actually a Churchill quote but amazingly accurate lol

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the title I actually expected this to be a slip of the tongue. But nope, just flat out racist "maga patriots"

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
This is now a viable strategy. Say something outrageous, then later backtrack and say you misspoke, while the people who the message was meant for have already heard it loud and clear and know that it was for them.

Last edited:

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
must be nice for Americans to realize they are probably living in a psuedo-Third Reich

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Say what you want about republicans but they at least work to achieve their psychotic base goals. These goals are of course racist, white supremacist, transphobic and misogynistic to say the least.
Democrats on the other hand are fucking lying cowards. They don't get shit done and just give false promises during campaigns.
I am from a third world country with a corrupt government but even I, I'm astonished about the blatant corruption going with Nancy Pelosi. It's obvious if you have half a brain to see that her husband is profiting from inside information.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
No one should be shocked by this anymore. This has been the right's aim for gutting abortion rights for decades.

Wow. Definitely eye-opening. Everybody please watch this clip!

Speaking of-

"According to Wattenberg, the most serious consequence of falling population may be a decline in military power. As he points out, military technology has become expensive indeed. It now costs almost $3 billion to build a heavy aircraft carrier, and the "Star Wars" project is likely to cost a trillion. Obviously, large populations of taxpayers are needed to support present-day military establishments."
www.latimes.com

The Birth Dearth: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE IN FREE COUNTRIES DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BABIES? by Ben J. Wattenberg (Pharos: $16.95; 182 pp.)

During the first two decades of the 20th Century, there was a great deal of talk in the United States of such subjects as "race suicide," the decline of Western civilization and the Yellow Peril.

WTF kind of book review is this. It seems like reviewer actually agrees with the book author but just doesn't want to say it directly so they go with, "the writer's points are bit eh, but he's kind of funny in how they are presented so it's ok I guess whatever".

EDIT:

Here is a longer clip from that same 2019 interview with Jane Elliott:

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
The white hood is fully on now, and the mask is off.

Their mission to turn the US into a Christian Fundamentalist theocratic ethnostate is going ahead full speed and they are going to be aided and abetted by the Supreme Court.

All civil rights are under attack. America is a failed state.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I'm assuming she misspoke "life" as "white" and just rolled from one to the other without pause.

Uncorrected she would d have just said "for white in America", which, while not directly connected to Wade v. Roe, is kind of the whole deal with the GOP (the protection and proliferation of some king of "bygone ideal white American culture."

Edit: made a correction above in what I assume she almost said
If you only listen at the audio she says:
"thank you for the historic (pause) victory of why... (pause) life"

Not gonna defend those people but she stumbled a couple of times on this phrase and there is no "t" pronounced.
I can't know If that was what she meant to fully say or not (surely it wouldn't surprise me) but that's what you can hear if you don't read the plain text of the tweet.

We had this debates before on other topic with brain tricks at hearing things once you read a (supposedly) transcription of it. This isn't the same since she say almost the whole word but I think it still applies since I heard "white" clearly the first time I watched the video after reading the description.

Again, not defending this person now (I lothe Trump and everything that surrounds him), just talking about the metter on what you can hear in that audio as a general discourse.

Muji

Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Speaking of-

www.latimes.com

Now add this:
www.resetera.com

Army drops requirement for high school diploma amid recruiting crisis

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/06/24/army-drops-requirement-high-school-diploma-amid-recruiting-crisis.html

Good times. Everything's just great.

I think this is really interesting. I have not thought about it from a straight up bio-political lens of maintaning white supremacy and always just thought of it as a religious argument from conservatives.

Thank you for the links.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Welp, guess that clears everything up!

I hate it though because it kind of does. Media on all sides just carrys so much water; today there should be a deep dive on her greatest 'hits' and legislation she's pushed that has bigoted angles. Instead it's just going to be relegated to viral twitter drama.

It's like how Steve King would just say the soft part loud 90% of the time to the point the GOP was forced to distance themselves and media still danced around call him racist ("controversal")

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
It's like how Steve King would just say the soft part loud 90% of the time to the point the GOP was forced to distance themselves and media still danced around call him racist ("controversal")

What's really insidious is they'll use the same term for the slightest of things on Democrats subtly increasing the perception of "both sides are the same".

itsgreen

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am sure she misspoke, and the text she was supposed to say was different...

It's what we call a freudian slip-up.