• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Happening?

• YES, HAIL FLAMING CHIBI-ROBO

Votes: 1,142 68.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 86 5.2%
  • You're all crazy

Votes: 436 26.2%

• Total voters

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Man, Nintendo can't get a break.

*They launch the Switch with incredible First party support for first year*
- "Well, Nintendo still doesn't have third party support. They are doomed next year".

*Nintendo manages to get third party support*
- "NINTENDO, WHERE'S MY FIRST PARTY GAMES? I DON'T GIVE A SHIT FOR THIRD PARTIDAS!"

I think people just assume the Third Party support on Nintendo consoles will be horrendously lacluster, so when they hear that that's the focus they get antsy. If it is as good as people are hinting it is, then I'm sure people will be excited.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It won´t be exclusive. Switch version will be announced first, a few hours before according to Kotaku.
All of this is subject to change. Laura seems sure on it to put it on Kotaku, but things can change. Not saying it will, just saying with the last 24 hours or so we all need to keep expectations in check.

Deleted member 27793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
ckYWNYu.png
Oh gad

paulc

Alt account.
Dec 14, 2017
They can have a great 2018 if all of their studios are working on switch games. 1 Platform instead of 2 might mean a constant stream of new software.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Nintendo can't get a break.

*They launch the Switch with incredible First party support for first year*
- "Well, Nintendo still doesn't have third party support. They are doomed next year".

*Nintendo manages to get third party support*
- "NINTENDO, WHERE'S MY FIRST PARTY GAMES? I DON'T GIVE A SHIT FOR THIRD PARTIES!"

You know that random strawmanning it's not a good argument.

Deleted member 24540

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think they qualify just as much as Arms or Pokken, or any other mid level Nintendo IP. I have no idea why anyone expects some huge AAA title from Nintendo in the first half of this year, just a few months after Odyssey. There will obviously be massive first party releases this year, but the big stuff for the second half of the year will be announced at E3, we all know that.

Yes of course they do, also isn't there a Fire Emblem game as well? Third year they have Smash, Mario Kart and Pokemon to choose from. Second year needs something on that scale too. I'm sure Retro's game will be released this year, but I want to see it now not in 6 months. Saving the knowns for E3 implies they'll have little else coming, similar to how the October Direct was a disappointment because it implied a barren Q1, and here we are.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I don't see the fascination of playing Dark Souls portable I get something like Skyrim cause it's so fast and being able to pick up and play and doing some side missions is appealing. But with Dark Souls I feel people sit down and play that game for a while and would prefer a big screen experience.
Good thing you can do both with the Switch then.

Sendou

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Should maybe put the name of the author in the title considering their track record hasn't been the best in the past.

Still I hope Switch will get Dark Souls. Would be perfect fit.

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible it's still a mini in the rapid-fire format? Even if it's 15 minutes we could get quite a bit.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't mean no Metroid or Pokémon this year. New Pokémon games don't even get announced in a regular Nintendo Direct to begin with. They get their own special Direct which could come in February.

Oh I definitely get that those games wouldn't need to be announced today, but I'm just not confident we'll see them.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't have a Switch yet and I'm sure I'll get the PS4 version, but I might get the Switch version down the line. My main motivation for getting a Switch (other than the 1st party titles) is the new SMT. they sold me with that.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
It's perfectly okay to want 3rd party support even if you don't actually plan to pick up any 3rd party software.

I just don't have time to play a lot of games, but I want to see the Switch be successful.

I still want to see 1st party stuff today, but not expecting it at all now. I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, and that's how I've always done it.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The last Nintendo Direct Mini thing wasn't that bad, all things considered

Like new Chibi Robo, first footage of a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Bravely Second localization... Not bombshells but they covered a few bases. I think they'd save things like Metroid Prime 4 and Smash till E3 regardless.

It would be pretty disappointing if there's a lot of 3DS games in this new one, but I doubt they'll be as much of a focus.