MarkMan

Arcade Stick Dev
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Diego, CA
A new adventure awaits...

24211612728_8602ceee35_b.jpg

Hello resetera members! My name is MarkMan. I originally started this thread on the old forum 16+ years ago. The reason why I love this thread is because of... perspective. It shows what people are into. It shows what people are spending their money on and it shows who pays attention to what (and why).

It can be a drain on the wallet, sure... but it can also be a reminder of things I want (or don't want).

It brings people together with common interests and it is a way for me to chronicle my journey as a gamer & individual as the years go by.

You know... I first started this thread back in 2006 with a clear goal to see REAL photos (not something I can google online) because I wanted to see the personality & individuality in what we all like.

resetera MAY 2024 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Dear resetera,

Happy 1st of the month! I'm on time for the thread AGAIN (WTF)!? Hello, I'm live from Tokyo, Japan where we just finished Evo Japan 2024. I'll be here for a bit longer as I geek out on pick-ups and share them with you!

Achievement Unlocked! FIFTH MONTH OF 2024! It's gonna be MAY! Where did the time go?!

In typical new month fashion, let's reflect on the previous month and post our favorite pick-ups from April 2024. As we go through May 2024, let's post our latest pick-ups as well! Take care everyone!

Your Neighborhood Friendly,
MarkMan

Welcome to the NEW monthly tradition on resetera! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

---

It was my birthday at the end of April! I was so fortunate to be in Tokyo for our event (Evo Japan) and spend time with my family, loved ones and special someone.

Here's some of my favorite pick-ups and moments recently as we jump into May!

rrMr0Wm.jpeg

I met with Rensuke Oshikiri at Evo Japan 2024! Oshikiri-sensei's work on Hi-Score Girl is phenomenal. If you haven't seen it yet AND you love arcade culture, you definitely NEED to check it out!

06X2Uwn.jpeg

I requested Koharu and Haruo!! He was surprised and mentioned that NO ONE ever requests Haruo LOL.

HwShwEV.jpeg

A special lady got me some flowers for my birthday and I felt so happy!!

Moedmby.jpeg

Mint, the organizer for FGC event Thaiger Uppercut... gave me this awesome figure of myself?!

y8lBIcs.jpeg

Before I left for Japan, I had a stack of haute42's range of fighting game controllers! They feel so nice build quality wise! I took a few of them for a spin and have good things to say about them thus far.

9YGm6wJ.jpeg

Also got and brought the Air Jordan 4 Military Blue (err Industrial Blue)... brought them with me on the Japan trip.

BctBFYV.jpeg

The .SWOOSH fam blessed me with an early pair of these too!

B4Jp7dx.jpeg

BATTLE ROYALE manga is epic. It's by far my favorite iteration of the story. I like it more than the movie and novel.

o0JAkgq.jpeg

At Evo Japan I got to work with Yurina and Kson! I'm wearing the new Evo Japan sukajan featuring artwork by hungry_clicker!

LJ0JJiO.jpeg

One of the things I put together for the event was the history of Evo exhibit, including this year's iteration of the Evo arcade controller museum. The theme this time? All Evo branded controllers.

FTmjiSk.jpeg

TEKKEN legend KNEE gifted me both versions of his KNEE lever! Thank you!

YKAnKHs.jpeg

Ayu-chan helped me get this signed copy of Like a Dragon Gaiden signed by ALL of the cabaret club hostesses in the game! (Ai Sayama, Ayu Seseragi, Kson, Kaname Ai and Kokoro Nakayama) !!

a207dQp.jpeg

ROHTO Z MAN, the GOAT.

sP61US6.jpeg

Ai Hongo-chan also went to Evo Japan! She looks much better in the Evo Japan jacket than I do, so I decided to share her photo doing the friend zone meme...

View: https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/1784706866540638650

Take care everyone. Most importantly, live responsibly!

Have a good one, resetera! If you'd like to follow my adventures, please follow me on twitter or instagram (both accounts are @MarkMan23)!

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
yH38Fve.jpg

Air Jordan 1 x Spider Man "Origin Story". One of my personal grails I always wanted (don't kill me but I prefer these over the OG Chicago 1s) The sneaker dropped in 2018 so despite it still being deadstocked, new and unworn, there's some yellowing starting to occur on the icy soles. Luckily, I have my own homemade "ice box" so I can reverse this pretty easily! These sneakers were made with Marvel's blessing for the debut of Miles Morales' "Into The Spider-Verse" film, which I HIGHLY recommend folks to see!

VDkjvY6.jpg

..wait tho. Looks like someone else got a pair in the mail as well??

2fufQEK.jpg

....who could possibly fit THESE?!?

XEt9BUp.jpg

.....hmmm.......

NjyZJJ9.jpg

Well speak of the spider. I guess ol' Miles got tired of rocking his "not-Air-Jordan 1s". Also, what are thooooose?!? err.....they're still nice lil bro

CdOHjV9.jpg

Detail is pretty good. Even has real laces in them.

vF5etCt.jpg

Az3rIzD.jpg

jrpqN7k.jpg

CscorLB.jpg

Jt4uh0v.jpg

Picked this up and started reading it. JustinH I thought of you soon as I seen it. Wish we'd get more gritty, dark TMNT representation in other forms of media outside of the comics though, I feel like the kiddy mainstream and more adult themed one could still co-exist alongside each other.

dJWIbLA.jpg

Hot Toys Captain Falcon America "2.0"

nXjSbLc.jpg

They got the homie Anthony Mackie's likeness down pretty good here. Can't remove the goggles though.

9kLSAY0.jpg

Wings are pretty well articulated just like the figure. He can even fold them to himself to shield himself just like he did in the show.

dGPp6x1.jpg

Close up view of quality on figure

Qm3F4R9.jpg

Would have thought the shield would have been die-cast but it would have weighed down on his arms so its hard plastic. Makes sense.

IvjZTfG.jpg

Perched on my rig

gBNpzZq.jpg

NECA Master Splinter and Master Shredder. I have the other 4 turtles as well. I just need to get Tokka and Rahzar and I think I'll be good (debating on getting one of the Foot Clan or not)

CPInS83.jpg

Bonus pic (and old from a few years ago) of the fellas

s17TQL3.jpg

Threezero Berserk 1/6 scale "The Black Swordsman"

EtkCxQc.jpg

hJCnV6p.jpg

Cape has wires in it for posing. Like the worn, dirty look they applied to it

DxD67QI.jpg

Knives and throwing darts are removable. Throwing darts are in there snug as shit though so I won't be messing with them much.

iY57ST6.jpg

LwLF4T2.jpg

"It was too big to be called a sword... Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough. Indeed, it was like a heap of raw iron."

PmrOr2H.jpg

vMlSSAa.jpg

Curse mark Brand of Sacrifice

1tttE39.jpg

ttbUCs1.jpg

Capsule Hats Doppler Radar "Toronto Blujays"

jl5b5dP.jpg

xgWyxEe.jpg

Wanted to get back into drawing so I scooped this up. The "smell test" makes me feel like this might be a bootleg, but if it poses nice and doesn't fall apart on me, I could care less *shrugs*

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Jt4uh0v.jpg

Picked this up and started reading it. JustinH I thought of you soon as I seen it. Wish we'd get more gritty, dark TMNT representation in other forms of media outside of the comics though, I feel like the kiddy mainstream and more adult themed one could still co-exist alongside each other.
Oh dang! I wanna pick this up, now! I thought the story was pretty damn cool.

Those Miles Morales and Sam Wilson statues look pretty sweet, too.

Whoop! I picked up a Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra for my mother as an early Mothers' Day present. She dropped and cracked her tablet, and she's ALWAYS on it watching Korean youtube. I figured the bigger screen would be great for her because with bigger screens she doesn't always need to wear her glasses. Plus... it's not cracked, lol.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Oh dang! I wanna pick this up, now! I thought the story was pretty damn cool.

Those Miles Morales and Sam Wilson statues look pretty sweet, too.
Its a great read. Pretty bleak and violent compared to what we get normally from TMNT. There's another set of chapters currently ongoing right now...so once those are complete I'll be getting the hardcover version of those as well. I just can't foot with soft paperback, I like to sit them up on my shelf. Since you're here though...do you have hardcover variants of House of M, Decimation or World War Hulk story arcs? Or do they even exist? If so I want your thoughts on the quality and presentation

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Its a great read. Pretty bleak and violent compared to what we get normally from TMNT. There's another set of chapters currently ongoing right now...so once those are complete I'll be getting the hardcover version of those as well. I just can't foot with soft paperback, I like to sit them up on my shelf. Since you're here though...do you have hardcover variants of House of M, Decimation or World War Hulk story arcs? Or do they even exist? If so I want your thoughts on the quality and presentation
I've actually been considering getting the House of M omnibus. I'm pretty sure the World War Hulk Omnibus is getting a reprint here soon, so it'd be the time to get it. That might've been Immortal Hulk, though. I'll check here.
Not sure about Decimation. That an X-men story?

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
I've actually been considering getting the House of M omnibus. I'm pretty sure the World War Hulk Omnibus is getting a reprint here soon, so it'd be the time to get it. That might've been Immortal Hulk, though. I'll check here.
Not sure about Decimation. That an X-men story?
Yeah Decimation is about how Scarlet Witch's breakdown resulted in like 90% of the mutant population being depowered. Its I think right after or before the House of M storyline. Avengers vs X-Men is a good read too...its related to the story as well in a way

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Decimation is about how Scarlet Witch's breakdown resulted in like 90% of the mutant population being depowered. Its I think right after or before the House of M storyline.
Okay, yeah.

The World War Hulk Omnibus is getting a reprint later this month (28MAY). standard cover - Direct Market Cover - related: Planet Hulk Omnibus (previous to World War Hulk, I think) is pretty cheap at only 60 at CheapGraphicNovels.

The Decimation Omnibus comes out in December.
This cover looks cooler, though.

The House of M Omnibus is under cover price on Amazon right now. Problem is, with Amazon you're REALLY rolling the dice on whether or not your book will arrive damaged.

I don't have any of these books myself, but you could easily find an overview video from Near Mint Condition on youtube.

Keep in mind, pre-orders from CheapGraphicNovels charge your payment info immediately. They don't... often sell out of copies before release, but they sometimes do and it feels so great to have a pre-order when they're out of stock, lol. Plus, for reprints, they print less copies than the first printing, so it's wise to secure a copy as soon as you can sometimes.

edit: House of M Omnibus overview (Near Mint Condition)
www.youtube.com

House of M Omnibus Overview | What is the House of Magnus?

Here it finally is! The advance overview of the House of M Omnibus . I talk about the mapping and build of the book and where it takes place in the world of...

World War Hulk Omnibus overview (strangely, I can't find one by Near Mint OR GemMint... weird. here's one by Organic Priced Books -- a store)
youtu.be

World War Hulk Omnibus Review

You can find the books here atwww.organicpricedbooks.comCheck out our new FB group!https://www.facebook.com/groups/23931...Also follow us on our socials!http...

Last edited:

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Okay, yeah.

The World War Hulk Omnibus is getting a reprint later this month (28MAY). standard cover - Direct Market Cover - related: Planet Hulk Omnibus (previous to World War Hulk, I think) is pretty cheap at only 60 at CheapGraphicNovels.

The Decimation Omnibus comes out in December.
This cover looks cooler, though.

The House of M Omnibus is under cover price on Amazon right now. Problem is, with Amazon you're REALLY rolling the dice on whether or not your book will arrive damaged.

I don't have any of these books myself, but you could easily find an overview video from Near Mint Condition on youtube.

Keep in mind, pre-orders from CheapGraphicNovels charge your payment info immediately. They don't... often sell out of copies before release, but they sometimes do and it feels so great to have a pre-order when they're out of stock, lol. Plus, for reprints, they print less copies than the first printing, so it's wise to secure a copy as soon as you can sometimes.

edit: House of M Omnibus overview (Near Mint Condition)
www.youtube.com

House of M Omnibus Overview | What is the House of Magnus?

Here it finally is! The advance overview of the House of M Omnibus . I talk about the mapping and build of the book and where it takes place in the world of...

World War Hulk Omnibus overview (strangely, I can't find one by Near Mint OR GemMint... weird. here's one by Organic Priced Books -- a store)
youtu.be

World War Hulk Omnibus Review

You can find the books here atwww.organicpricedbooks.comCheck out our new FB group!https://www.facebook.com/groups/23931...Also follow us on our socials!http...
Thanks for this broski. Im definitely scooping up Decimation. Good looking out on the site though...they have Decimation much cheaper than Amazon's listing

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this broski. Im definitely scooping up Decimation. Good looking out on the site though...they have Decimation much cheaper than Amazon's listing
Yeah. I actually like InStockTrades more since they ship much, much faster for cheaper (like 4 dollars for UPS ground opposed to 8 dollars for USPS media mail). They don't do preorders though.

Amazon pricing for graphic novels is kinda strange. If you can get in a preorder in like super early, a lot of times you can catch when the price will drop drastically for some damn reason but only temporarily. With Amazon's "Pre-order price guarantee" though, you still pay that low price if you pre-ordered before it.

For example. Look at the current price for The Punisher MAX vol 1 omnibus getting a reprint soon.
ucPdJZA.jpeg

Look at the price history. See that crazy dip at the beginning? This isn't uncommon.
54bW87X.jpeg

Nice!
Cp4lV6a.jpeg

compared to CheapGraphicNovels' preorder price. I don't know if it was ever any cheaper, but I don't expect it to be.
keF71bF.jpeg

Cheaper than Amazon, right? That's without taxes and shipping cost though, where the Amazon total includes that. Again, the Amazon order will arrive much, MUCH more quickly than via Media Mail. Problem is with Amazon, you really take that risk of getting a busted book. With a smaller book like this though (864 pages), I'm not too worried like I'd be if I were buying War of the Realms or something (1576 pages). Also, you don't get to choose between covers with Amazon.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah. I actually like InStockTrades more since they ship much, much faster for cheaper (like 4 dollars for UPS ground opposed to 8 dollars for USPS media mail). They don't do preorders though.

Amazon pricing for graphic novels is kinda strange. If you can get in a preorder in like super early, a lot of times you can catch when the price will drop drastically for some damn reason but only temporarily. With Amazon's "Pre-order price guarantee" though, you still pay that low price if you pre-ordered before it.

For example. Look at the current price for The Punisher MAX vol 1 omnibus getting a reprint soon.
ucPdJZA.jpeg

Look at the price history. See that crazy dip at the beginning? This isn't uncommon.
54bW87X.jpeg

Nice!
Cp4lV6a.jpeg

compared to CheapGraphicNovels' preorder price. I don't know if it was ever any cheaper, but I don't expect it to be.
keF71bF.jpeg

Cheaper than Amazon, right? That's without taxes and shipping cost though, where the Amazon total includes that. Again, the Amazon order will arrive much, MUCH more quickly than via Media Mail. Problem is with Amazon, you really take that risk of getting a busted book. With a smaller book like this though (864 pages), I'm not too worried like I'd be if I were buying War of the Realms or something (1576 pages).
Oh wow....CGH gonna be my go-to then. Silly question to ask possibly but im sure they package the books up with care?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow....CGH gonna be my go-to then. Silly question to ask possibly but im sure they package the books up with care?
Oh yeah, TOTALLY.

Actually, I still have the box that shipped with my last book.
I been whining about the cost of shipping, but part of that has to be the packjob, too. They use so much material.
04VUlR3.jpeg

Your book is "entombed" in this crumpled up paper and inside a plastic bag, too.
That paper strewn on the bottom was the stuff covering the top of the book when it was still in there.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Oh yeah, TOTALLY.

Actually, I still have the box that shipped with my last book.
I been whining about the cost of shipping, but part of that has to be the packjob, too. They use so much material.
04VUlR3.jpeg

Your book is "entombed" in this crumpled up paper and inside a plastic bag, too.
That paper strewn on the bottom was the stuff covering the top of the book when it was still in there.
Niiiice. Im sold bro..thanks again! Im probably gonna order House of M, Planet Hulk and Avengers vs Xmen sometime today. If they have the World War 3 omnibus I'm probably gonna get that too

Quiggling

Apr 1, 2023
Georgia, USA
n4k0x3r.jpg

Two new pickups to begin closing out my Sega CD FMV quest. I tried buying a back insert off etsy for Night Trap to give it better uniformity on my shelf but the insert is cheap and washed out, so that was a let down. Now I just need to get a copy of Wirehead!

Chaotix12345

Apr 3, 2023
Actually got this in last month, but never got around to posting it and figured it was too cool not to share:

SIyspoM.jpg

zeITtaF.jpg

Y'see, the Archie Ninja Turtles comic, TMNT Adventures, was originally supposed to conclude with a big finale called "The Forever War." However, said storyline was shelved by the higher-ups and the comic instead ended on a whimper, consisting of two issues composed of half recycled material and half cutesy back-up story fare. That didn't stop the staff from including a small Forever War teaser in a preceding issue to spark speculation for years to come, though:

NB4j1q3.jpg

Throughout the years, there have been rumblings and even official plans to make good on that tease and finish the story, but they never came to fruition. It truly seemed like the Forever War was lost to the ages for, well, ever. That is, however, until recently. A group of passionate TMNT fans were able to get their hands on all that was completed of the story and actually finish it alongside the original artist! What's more, they even offered it for purchase in a variety of formats so fellow fans could finally have it as a part of their TMNT Adventures collection! It was an Archie TMNT fan's dream come true!

It took a while for this project to edge towards completion (it was announced in 2019), but it finally wrapped recently and I got in my copy of the paperback collection! It's both surreal and amazing to at last be able to read this legendary storyline and to have it as a kind of "holy grail" for my TMNT collection sitting proudly on my shelf next to my official IDW trades collecting the rest of the series. (Which I'm probably going to retire next year because IDW are re-releasing them in Omnibus form with all the never-before-collected spin-offs, specials, and mini-series in suggested reading order!) The cherry on top? Since I pre-ordered the book, my name is actually in it on the special thanks page. I OWN A TMNT BOOK WITH MY NAME IN IT AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Anyway, I actually got something else in TODAY that's also TMNT related, so I'll throw it in, too:

NPEpanC.jpg

7xmqRhs.jpg

My favorite TMNT character is Slash, so I kind of have a thing about grabbing every new figure of him that's announced. So when I heard that he was coming to the Turtles of Grayskull Masters of the Universe crossover line mashed up with He-Man's robotic double, Faker, the "NEED" light in my head flashed bright enough to blind me. I proceeded to order him from Target (he's an exclusive) the second he released at the end of last month. After getting him in, the first thing that struck me about this guy was his SIZE! Dude is MASSIVE, as tall as the Super7 Slash, yet he was only $25. I'm a very casual He-Man guy, so I don't really have any experience with any of the various MOTU toylines, but I'm really digging how big and chunky these guys are. I was expecting this line to be fun just from the concept alone, but judging by the two figures I've picked up so far, these might actually end of being some of my favorite toys this year. (Alongside Mattel's upcoming 30th Anniversary Street Sharks line, which I've already pre-ordered.) Now bring on the Leatherhead!

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Actually got this in last month, but never got around to posting it and figured it was too cool not to share:

SIyspoM.jpg

zeITtaF.jpg

Y'see, the Archie Ninja Turtles comic, TMNT Adventures, was originally supposed to conclude with a big finale called "The Forever War." However, said storyline was shelved by the higher-ups and the comic instead ended on a whimper, consisting of two issues composed of half recycled material and half cutesy back-up story fare. That didn't stop the staff from including a small Forever War teaser in a preceding issue to spark speculation for years to come, though:

NB4j1q3.jpg

Throughout the years, there have been rumblings and even official plans to make good on that tease and finish the story, but they never came to fruition. It truly seemed like the Forever War was lost to the ages for, well, ever. That is, however, until recently. A group of passionate TMNT fans were able to get their hands on all that was completed of the story and actually finish it alongside the original artist! What's more, they even offered it for purchase in a variety of formats so fellow fans could finally have it as a part of their TMNT Adventures collection! It was an Archie TMNT fan's dream come true!

It took a while for this project to edge towards completion (it was announced in 2019), but it finally wrapped recently and I got in my copy of the paperback collection! It's both surreal and amazing to at last be able to read this legendary storyline and to have it as a kind of "holy grail" for my TMNT collection sitting proudly on my shelf next to my official IDW trades collecting the rest of the series. (Which I'm probably going to retire next year because IDW are re-releasing them in Omnibus form with all the never-before-collected spin-offs, specials, and mini-series in suggested reading order!) The cherry on top? Since I pre-ordered the book, my name is actually in it on the special thanks page. I OWN A TMNT BOOK WITH MY NAME IN IT AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Anyway, I actually got something else in TODAY that's also TMNT related, so I'll throw it in, too:

NPEpanC.jpg

7xmqRhs.jpg

My favorite TMNT character is Slash, so I kind of have a thing about grabbing every new figure of him that's announced. So when I heard that he was coming to the Turtles of Grayskull Masters of the Universe crossover line mashed up with He-Man's robotic double, Faker, the "NEED" light in my head flashed bright enough to blind me. I proceeded to order him from Target (he's an exclusive) the second he released at the end of last month. After getting him in, the first thing that struck me about this guy was his SIZE! Dude is MASSIVE, as tall as the Super7 Slash, yet he was only $25. I'm a very casual He-Man guy, so I don't really have any experience with any of the various MOTU toylines, but I'm really digging how big and chunky these guys are. I was expecting this line to be fun just from the concept alone, but judging by the two figures I've picked up so far, these might actually end of being some of my favorite toys this year. (Alongside Mattel's upcoming 30th Anniversary Street Sharks line, which I've already pre-ordered.) Now bring on the Leatherhead!
Loving the Slash love.

Wish he showed up in the movies..especially the Jim Henson era. An ACTUAL Slash costume would have stomped compared to this CGI shit we got nowadays..he did the Lord's work on the Turtles and Tokka and Rahzar

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Niiiice. Im sold bro..thanks again! Im probably gonna order House of M, Planet Hulk and Avengers vs Xmen sometime today. If they have the World War 3 omnibus I'm probably gonna get that too
Sorry for spamming you notifications, lol. Just real quick.

For the Planet Hulk omnibus, it says
"This title is available by Special Order only."

When it says that, it'll take a bit longer than usual to ship to you. Up to like two weeks or something. Something to keep in mind, but usually when that's the case it'll be a book that's probably harder to find elsewhere to get at a decent price. (Planet Hulk is available at IST though, for only 62 dollars. So cheaper after shipping is considered. Probably should order from there... sorry, I should've looked there earlier.)

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry for spamming you notifications, lol. Just real quick.

For the Planet Hulk omnibus, it says
"This title is available by Special Order only."

When it says that, it'll take a bit longer than usual to ship to you. Up to like two weeks or something. Something to keep in mind, but usually when that's the case it'll be a book that's probably harder to find elsewhere to get at a decent price. (Planet Hulk is available at IST though, for only 62 dollars. So cheaper after shipping is considered. Probably should order from there... sorry, I should've looked there earlier.)
Thanks for the heads up! I didnt order yet but im glad you let me know!

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That Justin Wong pic is killing me with laughter

SIyspoM.jpg

zeITtaF.jpg

NB4j1q3.jpg

NPEpanC.jpg

7xmqRhs.jpg

That's so dope. I only ever owned one issue and it came with a cassette that I had my parents play over and over in the car as a kid while I read the comic over and over. It's fully falling apart and I still own it XD. The adventures comics had an amazing art style as well.

Also slash is such a dope ass character. Outside of the turtles he's my fave as well(and then rocksteady right after). Do you have the Neca adventures figure as well. It's soooo good

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Well, well, well... lookit what I happened to buy, lol ("D." ).

2yfX6y5.jpeg

I got the standard copy hardcover almost 2 years ago when it released (er... day after release) so I've already read it. I actually had this copy preordered for a long time sometime last year. I think I preordered a copy as soon as the page went live, but for some reason I can't remember, I cancelled it right before it released. I think I might've felt guilty about buying myself something right before Christmas when I should've been spending that money on someone else.

The "Lost Years" book seems like it takes place BOTH leading up to the Last Ronin story AND afterwards, somehow. I was thinking I'd read it first, since while I've forgotten what I read in Last Ronin, I HAVE read it. It seems like the right way to go is, as usual, release order though. So I'll re-read Last Ronin and then The Lost Years afterwards.

I2PA6A3.jpeg

I've come to the conclusion recently that the thing I probably HATE MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE is trying to get a floppy screen protector on a tablet, lol.

This is a "new" thing, too. I didn't have issues putting on my first screen protector on my S9FE+. I recently started fiddling with it because there was a SINGLE speck of dust under the screen at the edge which bothered me. So I got a 2-pack for that tablet.

For my iPad Air, I bought TWO 2-packs, because for some damn reason, I just cannot get one on the screen without a bunch of specks of dust under it, causing all sorts of bubbles. I can't see them when I'm looking directly at the screen and I'm actually using/drawing on the tablet, but they just drive me NUTS that they're there.

I've even tried putting them on in the bathroom after leaving a hot shower running and getting it all steamy, but still no dice. I've already chewed through TWO packs of 2-pack Paperlike protectors trying to get an acceptable installation, but those went wasted and thrown away. Paperlike brand protectors are expensive too, at 45 dollars a two-pack package. The two I got here for the iPad Air are on the left and middle, and I just bought cheap ones this time.

I NEED these protectors to draw on, too. I just cannot get used to drawing on a bare glass screen. I've also tried installing a matte tempered glass protector that was supposed to feel like paper, but it didn't. Just felt like smooth glass, so that was a waste, too. At least those are easy to install...

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Well, well, well... lookit what I happened to buy, lol ("D." ).

2yfX6y5.jpeg

I got the standard copy hardcover almost 2 years ago when it released (er... day after release) so I've already read it. I actually had this copy preordered for a long time sometime last year. I think I preordered a copy as soon as the page went live, but for some reason I can't remember, I cancelled it right before it released. I think I might've felt guilty about buying myself something right before Christmas when I should've been spending that money on someone else.

The "Lost Years" book seems like it takes place BOTH leading up to the Last Ronin story AND afterwards, somehow. I was thinking I'd read it first, since while I've forgotten what I read in Last Ronin, I HAVE read it. It seems like the right way to go is, as usual, release order though. So I'll re-read Last Ronin and then The Lost Years afterwards.

I2PA6A3.jpeg

I've come to the conclusion recently that the thing I probably HATE MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE is trying to get a floppy screen protector on a tablet, lol.

This is a "new" thing, too. I didn't have issues putting on my first screen protector on my S9FE+. I recently started fiddling with it because there was a SINGLE speck of dust under the screen at the edge which bothered me. So I got a 2-pack for that tablet.

For my iPad Air, I bought TWO 2-packs, because for some damn reason, I just cannot get one on the screen without a bunch of specks of dust under it, causing all sorts of bubbles. I can't see them when I'm looking directly at the screen and I'm actually using/drawing on the tablet, but they just drive me NUTS that they're there.

I've even tried putting them on in the bathroom after leaving a hot shower running and getting it all steamy, but still no dice. I've already chewed through TWO packs of 2-pack Paperlike protectors trying to get an acceptable installation, but those went wasted and thrown away. Paperlike brand protectors are expensive too, at 45 dollars a two-pack package. The two I got here for the iPad Air are on the left and middle, and I just bought cheap ones this time.

I NEED these protectors to draw on, too. I just cannot get used to drawing on a bare glass screen. I've also tried installing a matte tempered glass protector that was supposed to feel like paper, but it didn't. Just felt like smooth glass, so that was a waste, too. At least those are easy to install...
Nice pick up bro! I'll have to pick up the Lost Years myself.

odkHrbp.png

I ended up grabbing House of M and Avengers vs X-Men Omnibus'...but I have to ask, when the price is reduced like that, does that mean its on sale? Or a general price reduction? If so I may go ahead and snatch Planet Hulk and I already pre-ordered Decimation. I'll just wait for World War Hulk to drop since its so close by.

Chaotix12345

Apr 3, 2023
From my personal experience with IST, it kinda depends. MOST of the price reductions are just their regular, reduced prices on that site. However, sometimes, they DO have sales with additional savings, such as the case when I got the first volume of the Spidey 2099 Omni for 60 bucks. (Though that particular sale only lasted a day.)

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017

odkHrbp.png

I ended up grabbing House of M and Avengers vs X-Men Omnibus'...but I have to ask, when the price is reduced like that, does that mean its on sale? Or a general price reduction? If so I may go ahead and snatch Planet Hulk and I already pre-ordered Decimation. I'll just wait for World War Hulk to drop since its so close by.
Cool!

Just... keep this in mind when you get them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxnjiucGoiU

There are other videos out there of different methods too. It's just important to stretch the spine to, I guess crack the glue and make it flexible all throughout.

Those prices are just generally what you see them at until they run out of stock, I think. Then, if they run out and get a bit more, but not like a full restock, they'll sell them at inflated prices that out-of-print books will go for.

From my personal experience with IST, it kinda depends. MOST of the price reductions are just their regular, reduced prices on that site. However, sometimes, they DO have sales with additional savings, such as the case when I got the first volume of the Spidey 2099 Omni for 60 bucks. (Though that particular sale only lasted a day.)
That's been my experience too. On CheapGraphicNovels, it pays to click on "Bargain Bin" at the top every now and then to see what they have in there. I'll often get stuff from their "Nick and Dent" sale, but nothing I've ever gotten from one looked noticeably worse than brand-new.
I've gotten some REALLY good deals from there, too. Like, the only reason I have collections of the Brubaker Captain America omnibus set or the Wolverine omnibus books is because I was able to get one at a great price on sale and just kept collecting them afterwards, lol.

edit examples:
75 dollar cover price. 45 dollar price at CGN when they were in stock (I think. They're OoS, now).
3bOKKs5.jpeg

125 dollar cover price. 75 dollar price at CGN normally (in stock now).
5DftJUu.jpeg

Luckily, I got this right as Volume 1 was getting a reprint, so I was able to grab that right after I bought this.
edit: Actually, that's a lie, lol (I just misremembered). I got vol 1 in another Nick and Dent sale. it was 99.99 which is a lot, but it was out of print at the time so my only other option at the time was the secondhand market where it would've been WAAAYYY more expensive than that. The most recent printing at the time was 2.5 years old and still hasn't been reprinted yet.

Come to think of it, the other Brubaker omibus books started getting reprints right as I bought that Death of Captain America omnibus. It's almost like they planned the sale to sucker me into buying more than I would've before. Oh well, lol. Works on me!

Last edited:

Bii

Oct 25, 2017

odkHrbp.png

IST always have reduced prices from MSRP. For Marvel omnibus, they're generally 38% off. For DC, it's 42%. Right now and through the weekend, there is a coupon code (MayTheFourth) that will knock off an additional 3% (this doesn't stack with their 2% loyalty discount).

Those prices are just generally what you see them at until they run out of stock, I think. Then, if they run out and get a bit more, but not like a full restock, they'll sell them at inflated prices that out-of-print books will go for.

This isn't true for IST. They never sell books at market price (at least never over MSRP) even when a book gets restocked or reprinted. CGN, however, do mark up their books.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
I picked up a couple of new art books in the past few weeks:

Re-release of the Dark Souls Trilogy Compendium

20240507-015038.jpg

Fantastic book for every fan of the series.

Got the Genshin Impact Art Book Vol. 1

20240507-015121.jpg

I saw the second volume already being out in Japan which made me pull the trigger on the first one. Some nice art works, nothing new, but still a nice collection to look at. I'm also a big fan of sturdy slipcases

Final Fantasy VII Remake Material Ultima

20240507-015246.jpg

I hadn't picked it up, so the release of Rebirth felt like a good time. The book turned out really nice and I love the cover art

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 6 Official Visual Book

20240507-015710.jpg

I briefly looked into getting some Ace Attorney books in the past but they were quite expensive. Saw someone mention in the artbook thread that this one is back in stock at Amazon.jp at retail price so I had to get it. Love it, even as someone not able to read Japanese. It has a ton of concept art with lots of silly poses.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Some more pickups from Japan. Labyrinth no Kanata seems interesting, as well as the two GBC Zeldas. I don't however have a good way of playing those two GBC games atm, but planning on picking up some device that can, like an Analague Pocket or maybe just a GBA SP.

bafkreiacu36kikjadmg5aszq4ewje3cf5ewbgc4apqn5fkdmf2zpnsrlny@jpeg

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I had this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ultimate Collection vol 7 book preordered for so freaking long. Like the time I had one on order, I placed it in 2018. I cancelled it in early 2023 for some reason. I think I was just tired of waiting for it. It just kept getting delayed and again over and over.
5N6xn6Y.jpeg

It did end up finally releasing last year, like February or March or something. I didn't want it anymore since it's like a book with just covers reprinted in it. I finally placed another order recently since I figured I'd wish I got one when they were available in the future, lol. I have volumes 1-6 already which are like collections of the original Ninja Turtle comic (I love those).

The Spider-Man book isn't all that different, in that I only bought it because I want it for a collection and I have the previous (Into the Spider-Verse book). It's kinda cool, I guess. It's not something I'd actually read though, though. Just kinda look a it, y'know?

eLT4oZC.jpeg

Got this on impulse. I remember liking the show alright, but not nearly as much as Loki (or Peacemaker for that matter). Figured I'd give it another shot, and since I don't pay for Disney+ anymore, this is my option, lol.

Last edited:

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
I had this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ultimate Collection vol 7 book preordered for so freaking long. Like the last time I had one on order, I placed it in 2018. I cancelled it in early 2023 for some reason. I think I was just tired of waiting for it. It just kept getting delayed and again over and over.
5N6xn6Y.jpeg

It did end up finally releasing last year, like February or March or something. I didn't want it anymore since it's like a book with just covers reprinted in it. I finally placed another order recently since I figured I'd wish I got one when they were available in the future, lol. I have volumes 1-6 already which are like collections of the original Ninja Turtle comic (I love those).

The Spider-Man book isn't all that different, in that I only bought it because I want it for a collection and I have the previous (Into the Spider-Verse book). It's kinda cool, I guess. It's not something I'd actually read though, though. Just kinda look a it, y'know?

eLT4oZC.jpeg

Got this on impulse. I remember liking the show alright, but not nearly as much as Loki (or Peacemaker for that matter). Figured I'd give it another shot, and since I don't pay for Disney+ anymore, this is my option, lol.

I loved moonknight, good find

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up a broken Derby Stallion Saturn and got it working again. Been looking for one for quite a while at a decent price.

U2vqdp7.jpeg

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
9J7CKYy.jpg

AJ 4 "Military Blue" and the matching hat

2gzspea.jpg

threezero 1/6 scale Berserk Guts Berserker Armor

uuLlmK4.jpg

The eyes light up but I don't currently have batteries for it

RzBSSzp.jpg

pZAdoGa.jpg

TAODtgA.jpg

Planet Hulk came earlier in the week and Avengers vs X-Men and House of M came an hour or so ago. Initially I was wondering why the package for the two was so dang heavy.....

YBbtraz.jpg

....but I see WHY. Avengers vs X-Men is a damn encyclopedia! JustinH I'm hooked now...been looking for omnibuses for other stories I enjoyed!

Lilification

Mar 28, 2024
The Austin Powers game was too funny to not pick up, this is also our 5th copy of FF13 lol

MEHIjBZ.jpg

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up a broken Derby Stallion Saturn and got it working again. Been looking for one for quite a while at a decent price.

U2vqdp7.jpeg
That's a wicked Saturn shell. I want one like that too match my see through transparent black Dreamcast. It's fine being able to see the game in the drive and see it spinning

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
...but I see WHY. Avengers vs X-Men is a damn encyclopedia! JustinH I'm hooked now...been looking for omnibuses for other stories I enjoyed!
lol. Glad your books got to you alright. That Avengers vs X-men omni is actually the largest (in terms of page count) Marvel makes.
It always had me worried when someone buys something because of my recommendation, or from a place I recommend. Like, "I hope nothing goes wrong!" lol.

Got me some boops, too!

wchSYW6.jpeg

X-men Inferno is an oversized hardcover, not an omni, and just an impulse buy for a reason I can't recall. I know nothing about the story, or even the X-men in this "era." I heard Gem Mint say it was a "Top 10 X-Men omni," (time stamped) which perked my ears, even though I don't really collect much X-men these days (besides Wolverine... and Phoenix, lol). I guess the fact that it has to do with (X-Men '97 minor spoiler)Madelyne Pryor and Mr. Sinister apparently and those two seem to be in the new animated series has me interested. I probably won't read it, lol. If I read them, it'll likely be in Marvel Unlimited.

Wolverine omnibus volume 5 is something I've had pre-ordered a while, I think. I already have volumes 1-4 (and the X-23 and All-New Wolverine omnis, despite not being a huge Wolverine fan).
Just flipping through it while I was stretching the spine, though. I noticed some Phalanx Covenant issues in it. I think it's just one arc to that storyline, and not all of it, but Phalanx Covenant was what I remember reading back when I stopped reading comics altogether until just a few years ago (well, that... and Generation X).

Standard edition cover for Wolverine volume 5, and a pretty "standard" dustjacket, too. No cool wrap-around art or anything.
qncn8Sg.jpeg

The cover though, I like.
whcqn79.jpeg

I DO like it when they put the standard and direct market covers on the actual hardcover under the dustjackets for omnibus books, but I think I prefer when there's something more "unique" under there.

go2ms2Z.jpeg

And, of course, I got the latest Dragon Ball Super tankobon volume.

Last edited:

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
PXL-20240518-190802715.jpg

Incredible cover art for Crimson Peak. Love the movie so finally i bought it.
Golden Axe is really tame but not as bad as i thought.
Sonic Riders 2 is very fun and has an amazing soundtrack.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
lol. Glad your books got to you alright. That Avengers vs X-men omni is actually the largest (in terms of page count) Marvel makes.
It always had me worried when someone buys something because of my recommendation, or from a place I recommend. Like, "I hope nothing goes wrong!" lol.

Got me some boops, too!

wchSYW6.jpeg

X-men Inferno is an oversized hardcover, not an omni, and just an impulse buy for a reason I can't recall. I know nothing about the story, or even the X-men in this "era." I heard Gem Mint say it was a "Top 10 X-Men omni," (time stamped) which perked my ears, even though I don't really collect much X-men these days (besides Wolverine... and Phoenix, lol). I guess the fact that it has to do with (X-Men '97 minor spoiler)Madelyne Pryor and Mr. Sinister apparently and those two seem to be in the new animated series has me interested. I probably won't read it, lol. If I read them, it'll likely be in Marvel Unlimited.

Wolverine omnibus volume 5 is something I've had pre-ordered a while, I think. I already have volumes 1-4 (and the X-23 and All-New Wolverine omnis, despite not being a huge Wolverine fan).
Just flipping through it while I was stretching the spine, though. I noticed some Phalanx Covenant issues in it. I think it's just one arc to that storyline, and not all of it, but Phalanx Covenant was what I remember reading back when I stopped reading comics altogether until just a few years ago (well, that... and Generation X).

Standard edition cover for Wolverine volume 5, and a pretty "standard" dustjacket, too. No cool wrap-around art or anything.
qncn8Sg.jpeg

The cover though, I like.
whcqn79.jpeg

I DO like it when they put the standard and direct market covers on the actual hardcover under the dustjackets for omnibus books, but I think I prefer when there's something more "unique" under there.

go2ms2Z.jpeg

And, of course, I got the latest Dragon Ball Super tankobon volume.
I DID get nervous for a second ordering from InStockTrades cause it seemed like it was taking forever for them to pick and scan House of M (it took damn near a week) while Avengers vs Xmen sat ready to be shipped. Once they DID ship though..I was pretty impressed with the speed and how well they protect them inside the box

I may pick up some Wolvie omnis myself...grew up liking him a lot until I settled on Gambit and Cyclops as my favorite Xmen

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PXL-20240518-190802715.jpg

Incredible cover art for Crimson Peak. Love the movie so finally i bought it.
Golden Axe is really tame but not as bad as i thought.
Sonic Riders 2 is very fun and has an amazing soundtrack.
Crimson peak is dope. I haven't seen it since theatres. Also didn't know arrow did a release!

It's honestly what first got me into Guillermo Del Toro's films.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Crimson peak is dope. I haven't seen it since theatres. Also didn't know arrow did a release!

It's a beautiful movie. And Arrow did a big limited edition 4K of it. But i was happy paying way less for the movie.
15244564-6845127155923119.jpg

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
It's a beautiful movie. And Arrow did a big limited edition 4K of it. But i was happy paying way less for the movie.
15244564-6845127155923119.jpg
I've never seen this film, but I kinda wanna get this since it's such a nice-looking set.

'nother book!

>excuse the camera phone pic, lol (it IS a downscaled 200MP picture, though...).
ohFTGL0.jpeg

Captain America has to be the character for whom I have the most omnibus books, but barely have read them (not even one). I have the 5 Brubaker books, Rick Rememder's, and now 2 Nick Spencer omnis. I really DO want to read the Brubaker books, though. I'll probably read them on Marvel Unlimited, though.

I took the pictures with my phone since I had it sent to my Mother's, since I'll be living there in a couple months and have already moved all my comic books and bookshelves over there (still gotta move my gaming artbooks and guides, sigh...). I still brought it back home with me, along with volume 1, lol.
HneJRLg.jpeg

Got the Direct Market variant cover since, again, I like it more than the standard cover just like the 1st volume.
I don't think the Standard cover for this volume is that bad. Like I don't dislike it like I disliked volume 1's standard cover, but I still just like the DM version more.
8tSOFQl.jpeg
Got the DM cover since I think it looks way better than the standard cover.
xxSnkvu.jpg

aNZRcbA.jpg

Dunno if you had World War Hulk pre-ordered from CGN, "D." , but it's available for order now at IST.

Hulk World War Hulk Omnibus HC New Ptg - InStockTrades

Trade paperbacks from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and more! Discounted up to 42% off. No shipping on orders over $50.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Dunno if you had World War Hulk pre-ordered from CGN, "D." , but it's available for order now at IST.

Hulk World War Hulk Omnibus HC New Ptg - InStockTrades

Trade paperbacks from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and more! Discounted up to 42% off. No shipping on orders over $50.
Had it in the cart since last week big dawg lol...just waiting til' payday to pull the trigger

EDIT: Its actually cheaper at CheapGraphicNovels.com, its where I have it in my cart at..they have it for $89. Never bought from them so I guess you could vouch for their shipping speed/handling
cheapgraphicnovels.com

HULK WORLD WAR HULK OMNIBUS HC FINCH CVR NEW PTG

Hulk versus the world, in an epic story of anger unbound! Exiled by his so-called friends, the Hulk has raged, bled and conquered on the alien planet Sakaar. Now, he returns to Earth to wreak terrible vengeance on Iron Man, Mister Fantastic, Doctor Strange and Black Bolt - and anyone else who...

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Had it in the cart since last week big dawg lol...just waiting til' payday to pull the trigger

EDIT: Its actually cheaper at CheapGraphicNovels.com, its where I have it in my cart at..they have it for $89. Never bought from them so I guess you could vouch for their shipping speed/handling
cheapgraphicnovels.com

HULK WORLD WAR HULK OMNIBUS HC FINCH CVR NEW PTG

Hulk versus the world, in an epic story of anger unbound! Exiled by his so-called friends, the Hulk has raged, bled and conquered on the alien planet Sakaar. Now, he returns to Earth to wreak terrible vengeance on Iron Man, Mister Fantastic, Doctor Strange and Black Bolt - and anyone else who...
Cool, lol.
Yeah, it's "a tiny bit cheaper" at CGN (89.99 vs 93), but after shipping it comes out a tiny bit more expensive, though. Going from memory, shipping is 8 dollars at CGN is 8 dollars and it's 4 dollars at IST. That's with the UPS ground shipping "upgrade" from IST compared to USPS media mail from CGN, too. I think both stores pack really well and I've never had a book arrive from either with damages from shipping. I have lots of love for GGN (I've spent thousands of dollars there since 2020, lol), but if I had the choice personally, I'd probably pick it up at IST because the shipping is so much faster for me. That might be because I'm in Florida though, and media mail from USPS takes a while to get here all the way across the country from southern California (Amazon Prime shipping has SPOILED me, lol).

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Cool, lol.
Yeah, it's "a tiny bit cheaper" at CGN (89.99 vs 93), but after shipping it comes out a tiny bit more expensive, though. Going from memory, shipping is 8 dollars at CGN is 8 dollars and it's 4 dollars at IST. That's with the UPS ground shipping "upgrade" from IST compared to USPS media mail from CGN, too. I think both stores pack really well and I've never had a book arrive from either with damages from shipping. I have lots of love for GGN (I've spent thousands of dollars there since 2020, lol), but if I had the choice personally, I'd probably pick it up at IST because the shipping is so much faster for me. That might be because I'm in Florida though, and media mail from USPS takes a while to get here all the way across the country from southern California (Amazon Prime shipping has SPOILED me, lol).
Ah thanks for telling me, guess I'm sticking with IST

Ulcus

Nov 3, 2017
Time for a new build, be quiet! sent a case (Dark Base 701 in white), PSU (1000 watts lol ,Straight Power 12) and cpu cooler (Dark Rock Pro 5) for a new build and review, so I got an 7800X3D and keeping my RTX 3070.

A64-A5-EC7-7531-4495-9131-6335610-CA7-DB-1-105-c.jpg

D3097-CC8-05-E7-41-F5-A12-D-4645-BF72-EACA-1-105-c.jpg

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Time for a new build, be quiet! sent a case (Dark Base 701 in white), PSU (1000 watts lol ,Straight Power 12) and cpu cooler (Dark Rock Pro 5) for a new build and review, so I got an 7800X3D and keeping my RTX 3070.

A64-A5-EC7-7531-4495-9131-6335610-CA7-DB-1-105-c.jpg

D3097-CC8-05-E7-41-F5-A12-D-4645-BF72-EACA-1-105-c.jpg
Even though I already upgraded my rig, I always love to see what people buy to upgrade theirs. I just enjoy vicariously experiencing peoples quest into building/upgrading PCs. Have fun!