• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
familia.jpg

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was a member of a website.

I found out I was a member of a community.

To the admins and mods who got this site prepared in next to no time. Thank you.

To the discord admins, who set up the bolt holes that we first ran for. Thank you.

To everyone who was part of multiple discords that helped pull everyone together and establish communication. Thank you.

To everyone like me, that reached out to people they knew through other means, and got them into one of the discords. Thank you.

I can't believe how this happened. People thought we were scattered to the four corners of the wide interwebs... instead we showed everyone what we can do when we work towards a single purpose. From those who did the most, to those who just came along for the ride, we *all* were part of making this happen... and to varying amounts, we should all be proud.
dhMeAzK.gif

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
This place is great. The vibe is on point. Together we will change gaming boreds for the better. We just showed the internet what good people can really do.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
This place is great. The vibe is on point. Together we will change gaming boreds for the better. We just showed the internet what good people can really do.
I should note, we're hardly the only community that has sprung up recently to do that. Waypoint is also really great, as I've recently found out. Sl&ent is awesome as well, though not really too much focused on just videogames. I'm sure there are others as well.

There are a bunch of newer sites that are popping up that are significantly better than previous generations both in what they offer in features, and in the quality of their communities. I'm sure everyone here is working to make ResetERA one of those, and an improvement over the previous forum in a multitude of ways. I know I am, as much as I can be as a member anyhow.

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
I should note, we're hardly the only community that has sprung up recently to do that. Waypoint is also really great, as I've recently found out. Sla&nt is awesome as well, though not really too much focused on just videogames. I'm sure there are others as well.

There are a bunch of newer sites that are popping up that are significantly better than previous generations both in what they offer in features, and in the quality of their communities. I'm sure everyone here is working to make ResetERA one of those, and an improvement over the previous forum in a multitude of ways. I know I am.

I get what ur saying. But it's far and fue that really pull it off. I just wanted to point out how well we have done. This was all done in days. But ur right about the other places. But brother we can keep up the good fight and work.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I get what ur saying. But it's far and fue that really pull it off. I just wanted to point out how well we have done. This was all done in days. But ur right about the other places. But brother we can keep up the good fight and work.
Agreed what happened is really impressive, and there's still a ton of work to be done (like the official opening soon!). The more good forums there are on the internet the better. I truly believe the previous forum was one of those in many ways and ResetERA can be even better.

Include

Oct 25, 2017
Resetera is the perfect example of the community being the root and key of a forum success.

All of us coming together as one was a beautiful sight.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they are letting more people in the next few days.
I still miss some OTs, like Competetive Smash and GermanEra.
I'm really crossing my fingers that Liabe Brave will make the switch and bring back the PS4 Pro thread.

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
I hope they are letting more people in the next few days.
I still miss some OTs, like Competetive Smash and GermanEra.
I'm really crossing my fingers that Liabe Brave will make the switch and bring back the PS4 Pro thread.

I wouldn't worry to much seems like most people are waiting to make the switch. Give it time we have all the momentum

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It really is something impressive to see.

Congrats to everyone who worked hard to get this up and running so quickly - I am in awe.

And I'm glad to be here!

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
It's wonderful this has taken off so well. Not trying to petty, but I made this because it's is the exact thing I had in mind regarding the whole situation

https://i.imgur.com/Xfst9Rw.gif

Edit: I'm just going to link the gif, I had no desire to ramp up an Us vs Them thing, I was just a little enthusiastic about how well my gif came out. Sorry mods.

Last edited:

twisteh

Oct 26, 2017
I love the vibe in here. I posted occasionally on the *other* forum, but mostly lurked. I intend to be a lot more active & contribute here, honoured to be here a part of the first few waves. :)

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
The spirit of this community really is quite incredible and I'm so glad to see it survive and root itself again so quickly :)

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was a member of a website.

I found out I was a member of a community.

To the admins and mods who got this site prepared in next to no time. Thank you.

To the discord admins, who set up the bolt holes that we first ran for. Thank you.

To everyone who was part of multiple discords that helped pull everyone together and establish communication. Thank you.

To everyone like me, that reached out to people they knew through other means, and got them into one of the discords. Thank you.

I can't believe how this happened. People thought we were scattered to the four corners of the wide interwebs... instead we showed everyone what we can do when we work towards a single purpose. From those who did the most, to those who just came along for the ride, we *all* were part of making this happen... and to varying amounts, we should all be proud.
giphy.gif

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with the bolded; in my experience most communities that become divorced from their original home forum fragment to a far greater extent than we've seen so far. Obviously it's early days yet but I think this has been a very promising start. Also, the other forum's active userbase even before this part weekend was nowhere near 150K. The total on the index page is all for all accounts created over the past 13+ years. Between natural attrition, bans, and the silent majority of users who simply never become active in the first place, all forums have a significantly smaller active userbase than their total number of accounts.

I was just pulling your leg by inserting the usual reaction people had on Switch games selling well. This is obviously a magnanimous performance by us all.