• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
David Cage haters are a VERY loud minority. His games actually have a decent fanbase both in and out of this forum
Out of this forum definitely, but seeing it getting so many mentions on here is certainly surprising to me.
This minority seems to be so loud that it is able to drown any anticipation into the abyss within this community.

Oct 29, 2017
Wat. I don't even know how you came up with the mental gymnastics to liken a most anticipated games of 2018 voting deadline (which makes sense to have at the very start of the year, before any of those games can possibly come out) to a GOTY voting deadline which is generally more lenient because you actually have to PLAY those games. Ya'll losing your minds over console wars.
Nothing to do with console wars, as said I have a PS4 and the top 3 and some others are a lock. But if early January Direct is going to be a trend (and admittedly that's an if), and with the current state of Microsoft Game Studios and the small size of PCera, we might as well start calling it Resetera's most anticipated PS4 games. Because that's all it is and all it will ever be. Or you know, we postpone the deadline by two weeks and we get something of an actual list. My example of the GOTY was to show that nothing mandates that the deadline has to be 31 December sharp. If it's more practical to postpone it, why not.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing to do with console wars, as said I have a PS4 and the top 3 and some others are a lock. But if early January Direct is going to be a trend (and admittedly that's an if), and with the current state of Microsoft Game Studios and the small size of PCera, we might as well start calling it Resetera's most anticipated PS4 games. Because that's all it is and all it will ever be. Or you know, we postpone the deadline by two weeks and we get something of an actual list. My example of the GOTY was to show that nothing mandates that the deadline has to be 31 December sharp. If it's more practical to postpone it, why not.
And that would give an advantage to the games announced in January because the hype would be high and fresh. Plus what happens if the direct was delayed to early February? I would even understand the call for a vote delay if the Direct was even announced. It's January 8th and no direct has been announced. Of all the yearly votes this one matters the least, so really why care?
Fyi having all consoles deosn't mean you don't have a big preference for one of them and be - for a lack of a better description- a fanboy for one of them.

Oct 29, 2017
And that would give an advantage to the games announced in January because the hype would be high and fresh. Plus what happens if the direct was delayed to early February? I would even understand the call for a vote delay if the Direct was even announced. It's January 8th and no direct has been announced. Of all the yearly votes this one matters the least, so really why care?
Fyi having all consoles deosn't mean you don't have a big preference for one of them and be - for a lack of a better description- a fanboy for one of them.
True but now it's right after PSX so that goes both ways.

As to your latter point. That you can post does not mean you are not a figment of my imagination heeeheeehooohooo. Let's not, shall we.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the funniest thing about some of the reactions, it's an anticipated list, who cares, half of these games get delayed or end up being disappointments.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Great job to everyone involved in making this a success. I admit I would have voted but outside of RDR2 and God of War I honestly can't think of anything currently slated for this year that I'm really excited for. Thankfully every year this gen we've been getting some great surprises so there will definitely be something that comes out of nowhere this year and that's in addition to the games that have not even been announced yet.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
How is that fair to games that come out in early January? If you push things back then people will exclude games that're already out from their lists. And why should the rules be changed solely to benefit one publisher? Any other publisher and I don't think we'd see these complaints.

Fact is, there were plenty of eligible Nintendo, Microsoft, PC and multiplatform games. Trying to dismiss the results as "most anticipated PS4 games" and portray a post-Nintendo Direct vote as an "actual list" is absolutely console wars bullshit, whether you have a PS4 or not. There's going to be new 2018 games announced all year, I don't think any of those should be treated as special cases.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Shadow of the Colossus made it into the top ten. It's coming soon! :D

God of War (I wish there was more information though!) and Spider-Man were also my top picks.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely excited for the top 5 though I'll be playing Monster Hunter and Red Dead when the PC versions come out.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
There were two other people besides me that voted for Lwa? What's wrong with you people? :p

Gamesgbkiller

Oct 28, 2017
KSA
Can't complain about the top 3. I'm looking forward for Spider-Man.

It's been a long time since there was a great Spider-Man. Yeah, RDR2 will be at least good.

Oct 25, 2017
On Era we are not allowed to attack devs unless it's David Cage apparently.
At best he makes unintended schlock. At worst he makes indecipherable self indulgent nonsense.

The way the guy writes and treats his female characters is shameful. Without fail each of them always ends in a position where they almost get raped.

Why he gets a pass here is baffling

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Its sad to see David Cage walking simulation with bs choices and consequences in top 10!

Oct 29, 2017
How is that fair to games that come out in early January? If you push things back then people will exclude games that're already out from their lists. And why should the rules be changed solely to benefit one publisher? Any other publisher and I don't think we'd see these complaints.

Fact is, there were plenty of eligible Nintendo, Microsoft, PC and multiplatform games. Trying to dismiss the results as "most anticipated PS4 games" and portray a post-Nintendo Direct vote as an "actual list" is absolutely console wars bullshit, whether you have a PS4 or not. There's going to be new 2018 games announced all year, I don't think any of those should be treated as special cases.
Nonsense. We don't even have names for these so called eligible Nintendo games. Kirby Star Allies, that's literally everything. Voting for unnamed Fire Emblem or Yoshi for Switch made no sense (not that I would vote for Kirby or Yoshi mind, I prefer the current top ten results I'm that much of a console warrior.) And of course Nintendo is not any other publisher. Any other publisher does not publish 31 games a year. You're just trying to argue for gerrymandering while you try to paint other people as console warriors. Classy!

Oct 27, 2017
That top three is super close. And the gulf between the top three and the rest of the top ten is pretty big. Interesting to see.

crash-14

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be a good year for me.

I'm buying for sure

Kingdom Hearts 3
Spider-man
Red Dead Redemption 2
God of War
Detroit
Shadow of the Colossus
Dragon Ball Fighterz
Valkyria Chronicles 4

And will see if that's it, cuz I'm sure Nintendo will say something soon about 2018 releases and there might be some surprises from other publishers.

Bán

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a single thing in that top 20 excites me. Compared to last year where I was feeling lime I was about to be deluged with classics. Which I was. I guess I'll spend the first half of 2018 catching up on games from 2017 I missed.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only critic that matters!
http://www.biogamergirl.com/2013/10/beyond-two-souls-video-game-review.html

Beyond: Two Souls is comparable to films such as Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in that the work features great actors, looks pretty with amazing graphics and special effects and even has an all-time great director behind the creation of the story, but it just doesn't produce an end product that is as good as the sum of its part.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Not sure why folks are getting bent out of shape about Detroit. Top-shelf graphics and Sony exclusivity virtually guarantee Top 10 placement year after year regardless of a developer's pedigree or reputation. And I like David Cage's brand of gameplay. How soon have we forgotten the repeated Top 10 appearances for The Order: 1886 in these lists... and that was back before Microsoft's first-party support cratered and Nintendo kept all of their big titles under wraps until January.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Well, as far as that top 10 goes, I voted for God of War, Spider-Man, MH World, SotC, and Yakuza, so that's pretty cool to see them make it.

Red Dead Redemption 2 taking top spot doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It didn't make my own top 10, but I have no issue with its standing.

Personally, I have no interest in KH3, NNK2, or DQXI, so it is what it is.

And as for Detroit ... I cannot wait for the Super Best Friends Play LP. :)

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why folks are getting bent out of shape about Detroit. Top-shelf graphics and Sony exclusivity virtually guarantee Top 10 placement year after year regardless of a developer's pedigree or reputation. And I like David Cage's brand of gameplay. How soon have we forgotten the repeated Top 10 appearances for The Order: 1886 in these lists... and that was back before Microsoft's first-party support cratered and Nintendo kept all of their big titles under wraps until January.
This is complete nonsense, what is wrong with some of you seriously?

Oh god I forgot about The Order. That's hilarious
How dare people look forward to games I dont. :/

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Why all the hate for Detroit? I think we should wait until the game comes out before we start downplaying it.

The latest trailer from Paris was intriguing in my opinion and I can't wait to see how it all plays out.