• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as this fucker isn't in the game, I'm A-OK

hqdefault6qjht.jpg

This one is ez. This one is a fucking cunt -

latest

And this music is drilled in your head trying to solve it -

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Make it like the intro to the Last of us. Jill gets a knock on the door from a neighbor in her apartment building asking for help and doesn't have time to prepare before hell breaks loose.
They could go totally comedic and make it Shaun of the dead-esque. Has a bunch of scenarios with jill just missing seeing a zombie.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Man, I might boot RE3 up tonight yet. Was going to hold off until the release, but I haven't played it in a bit.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The puzzles in RE3 are ok. S. D. Perry straight out gave up on the clock puzzle in the novelization btw. Jill solved it through brute force guessing!

Last edited:

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm tired of Chris after his amazing three game streak of appearing as a playable character from RE5 to RE7. Really hope we see someone else return in RE8.
Chris is honestly the nucleus of the entire series. He's Jill's partner, and Claire's brother. He's Wesker's nemesis. He's worked with Leon, Rebecca, Sheva, and Piers, and is Barry's friend. It's Chris that shows up at the end of RE7 to rescue Ethan, and he also gets his own playable DLC.

He's my favorite character in the series, but yeah... I think it's definitely time for Jill to get her own game again.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Godddd this game is so brilliant. I want to make a thread. Just think of Nemesis' theme music. OMG.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
The puzzles in RE3 are ok. S. D. Perry streight out gave up on the clock puzzle in the novelization btw. Jill solved it through brute force guessing!

Is there another way to solve that puzzle?

Chris is honestly the nucleus of the entire series. He's Jill's partner, and Claire's brother. He's Wesker's nemesis. He's worked with Leon, Rebecca, Sheva, and Piers, and is Barry's friend. It's Chris that shows up at the end of RE7 to rescue Ethan, and he also gets his own playable DLC.

He's my favorite character in the series, but yeah... I think it's definitely time for Jill to get her own game again.

It's worth noting that he's Wesker's Nemesis because Capcom decided to utterly ignore the fact Jill was as much responsible for the events of RE1 as Chris. So they should be Wesker's Nemesis together.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Godddd this game is so brilliant. I want to make a thread. Just think of Nemesis' theme music. OMG.

If you allow me to self-promote my thread a bit, but I put all my love for RE3 in it. And I'd like to think it's a good read for RE3 fans:

www.resetera.com

To celebrate Resident Evil 3 20th anniversary, I want to talk about why I think Nemesis is such a great foe.

Nemesis is the most iconic monster of the Resident Evil franchise. From his first appearance in RE3 20 years ago he has shown up in many places across different media. It was only with Mr. X earlier this year that some other monster could begin to compare. Personally, Nemesis (and RE3) are some...

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Here is what RE3 was originally supposed to be about btw: https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/BIOHAZARD_3_(cancelled_1998_game)
It´s not CV. Poor Hunk. Your game was reused for the GBC, the PS2 and the 3DS, kinda. RE fucking loves its ships. RE5 and RE7 say hello.

Remake CV with (Neo-)Nazis, as intended, I say and give me a real Hunk game. Both CV and Nemesis were internal Gaiden games and Nemesis was even supposed to be a return to RE1 and not an explosion in action. Oh well. CV ended up being that game, kinda.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Chris' spotlight is fairly backloaded. Maybe because RE5 was so commercially successful that they said fuck it, he is now the head of this thing. RE5, 6, Rev, 7, MvC3, MvCI.
Up till RE4 everyone had 2 games.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Chris and Jill made it in the 2nd and 3rd Namco crossover RPGs Sawyer. The first one only had the Dead Aim (it´s canon) cast. Yes, that´s real and RE3 is recreated in Under the Skin:
Under_the_Skin_RC.jpg

Now that we moved on to easter eggs. I wonder if REmake 3 will have a billboard for RE8 in the same way RE3 did for RE4 (the DMC version to be precise):
R20506.jpg

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

This. This. And This.
Chris it's def my fav in the series. Nonetheless, I'll be okay with a Jill return for 8.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see a game with Jill and Claire together. Nice mix up from the norm and it feels like it's been awhile even if Claire was leading Rev2. Either that or Jill/Rebecca.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I want Carlos, Sheva, and Billy for RE8

Get the real heroes out there in the spotlight. Leon, Chris, and Jill have seen enough action.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
RE8 should be another first person game starring Ethan, immediately upon getting back to a big Umbrella lab where he and Mia are tested for goo or some shit. Weaker returns with his own Umbrella crew and tries to take the building by force, flooding it with monsters and Ethan is forced to get through the seiged Umbrella HQ one floor at a time, finding keycards to access different sections before eventually escaping into the sewers and

idk some more cool shit happens. maybe switch POVs to Chris or Jill somewhere if you want to get those ppl playable again but I loved Ethan and want to see more

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
RE8, Billy finally makes it out of Racoon Forest after all these years, grizzled he sees the remains of Racoon city for the first time years after it was blown to bits. Unaware of what happened he travels to the ruins to try and find out what happened and if there are any signs of life but unknown to him the bomb didn't truly wipe out all signs of life. Embark on a new survival horror, Resident Evil: Fallout!

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Have we ever had an RE game with the only 2 playable lead characters that are the same gender?

Doubt we will ever get a Jill and Claire team up game.

On another note, has Jill and Leon ever met? At least Jill and Claire have met offscreen.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Really want Hunters back in the game, and while I really didn't understand why most were upset about the spiders not being in RE2, I would love to see those back as well. More enemy variety this go around would be cool.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-orders are a go at Base.com. Details are blank and has a clearly placeholder 31st March release date, so don't get excited.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We got to 75 pages based off two static images, I love it lol.

That's fair and I do agree with you (though I extend it to Leon too given his popularity). My point was that I basically want Chris to skip a game (maybe two) and let someone else have the spotlight for a little bit. I'm not saying get rid of him completely, but being playable in RE5-RE7 is a streak that does kinda warrant sitting out for a little while. IMO at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.