Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Rockman 7 isnt on the PS1. 8 was always a PS1 game though fyi (and better on the Saturn, PS1 is missing two boss fights)

But 1-6? Those are the complete works games. Great ports. Next to a RGB modded Famicom its the best looking versions (in my opinion), and there's some great extras like the new soundtracks (especially for 4-6), extra options, and Pocket Station Support. Ive got them all twice over (once as individual releases, and once as the PS1 "Books" releases that are part of a big boxset)

The CW games did sorta get ported on the PS2/Xbox and GC as the Anniversary collection, but the port job is sloppy, the graphics look weirdly smudged, and its got audio issues + missing a bunch of options from the PS1 versions, so not as good.

Ah your right I did a glance at GameFaqs last night and swore I saw MM7 too.

It's too bad that and Rockman Soccer never really got a port outside of SNES. (at least that I'm aware of)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah your right I did a glance at GameFaqs last night and swore I saw MM7 too.

It's too bad that and Rockman Soccer never really got a port outside of SNES. (at least that I'm aware of)
Im still confused why Soccer never got a Euro port on the SNES considering how little America cared for the sport back in the day, and how much we adore it (too much) over here lol. Then again Capcom + Europe is a long saga of them being boneheads, that continues to this day.

MrKirov

Oct 2, 2019
Hmmm, kind of a slight AITA here, but here goes.

I ordered a copy of Shadow Hearts Covenant UK PAL on ebay, he accepted best offers and I got it for £30 inc postage. Its a £38 game in CEX for context.

The listing had a single picture of the front box art, the listing said it was UK PAL, and the seller had 100% feedback.

It just arrived today and its not a UK PAL copy, but what looks to be a Dutch PAL copy. The front box art is exactly the same, but the back is dual language, as is the manual, and the back cover art has "not for sale in the UK" printed on the back cover art. The game still works on a PAL PS2 obviously, but I wouldnt have bought it had I known - i'd rather have just bought a UK PAL copy for more to go with the rest.

I cant say im entirely happy, it wasnt cheap enough to handwave it as it was still close to value, and it doesnt match my UK Pal copies of Shadow Hearts 1 and 3.

I shot the guy a message saying I wasnt overly happy, as the listing said UK PAL, and wasnt what I was expected/looking to purchase. No reply yet, but returns not accepted"

The listing didnt have a shot of the back where it would have been obvious it was a dual language copy, and no mention of it in the listing at all, so I kinda feel it was a bit disingenuous/knowing on the part of the seller. On the other hand, I did get it a bit discounted to normal price.

What's you guys and gals thoughts? If he allows a return, does he have to pay for postage? Should I be asking for a discount? I dont really tend to have many problems on ebay so im unsure what should happen here, or if im being unreasonable.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

I ordered a copy of Shadow Hearts Covenant UK PAL on ebay, he accepted best offers and I got it for £30 inc postage. Its a £38 game in CEX for context.

The listing had a single picture of the front box art, the listing said it was UK PAL, and the seller had 100% feedback.

It just arrived today and its not a UK PAL copy, but what looks to be a Dutch PAL copy. The front box art is exactly the same, but the back is dual language, as is the manual, and the back cover art has "not for sale in the UK" printed on the back cover art. The game still works on a PAL PS2 obviously, but I wouldnt have bought it had I known - i'd rather have just bought a UK PAL copy for more to go with the rest.

I cant say im entirely happy, it wasnt cheap enough to handwave it as it was still close to value, and it doesnt match my UK Pal copies of Shadow Hearts 1 and 3.

I shot the guy a message saying I wasnt overly happy, as the listing said UK PAL, and wasnt what I was expected/looking to purchase. No reply yet, but returns not accepted"

The listing didnt have a shot of the back where it would have been obvious it was a dual language copy, and no mention of it in the listing at all, so I kinda feel it was a bit disingenuous/knowing on the part of the seller. On the other hand, I did get it a bit discounted to normal price.

What's you guys and gals thoughts? If he allows a return, does he have to pay for postage? Should I be asking for a discount? I dont really tend to have many problems on ebay so im unsure what should happen here, or if im being unreasonable.

Does the spine look the same? You still got it under price all things considered yeah? I personally would be alright with it.

Had a similar thing happen when I bought mirrors edge on PS3 back in the day. Got an import copy and the listing didn't mention that but I wasn't gonna play the dlc anyway.

Could always just try to buy a copy that just the box art or case

That isn't to say you're in the wrong here as it wasn't exactly listed what it was after all.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

If your buying for collection reasons as well as to just play it, I get why you wanna have a unified set. While I dont really fault the seller (since its still works on your console + its in English so its playable), I do think he should do you a solid and refund.

MrKirov

Oct 2, 2019
Hahah thanks both. Two replies pretty much mirroring the two opposing thoughts I had! I'll see what he comes back with.

MrKirov

Oct 2, 2019
Update: He replied and asked for a photo which I gave, and seems it was an honest mistake. He offered a refund/return to be fair to him, after seeing what I was saying. I shot him back saying he can give me a partial refund if he wanted to save the hassle/return postage etc - but if then he would be selling it too low, then no problems we can go through the returns process. These things happen I guess, as long as someone isnt being an ass about it then im happy either way.

Update 2: He generously gave me a tenner back. To be fair, i'd have probably bought it for £20 knowing it wasnt UK PAL, so cant complain.

Last edited:

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
delivering today:

BennVenn Game Gear HD IPS screen v3
relief board for my Genesis model 1 triple bypass
PS3 Slim 2501 system for installing CFW

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Update: He replied and asked for a photo which I gave, and seems it was an honest mistake. He offered a refund/return to be fair to him, after seeing what I was saying. I shot him back saying he can give me a partial refund if he wanted to save the hassle/return postage etc - but if then he would be selling it too low, then no problems we can go through the returns process. These things happen I guess, as long as someone isnt being an ass about it then im happy either way.

Update 2: He generously gave me a tenner back. To be fair, i'd have probably bought it for £20 knowing it wasnt UK PAL, so cant complain.

Nice to see things were resolved amicably.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rockman 7 isnt on the PS1. 8 was always a PS1 game though fyi (and better on the Saturn, PS1 is missing two boss fights)

But 1-6? Those are the complete works games. Great ports. Next to a RGB modded Famicom its the best looking versions (in my opinion), and there's some great extras like the new soundtracks (especially for 4-6), extra options, and Pocket Station Support. Ive got them all twice over (once as individual releases, and once as the PS1 "Books" releases that are part of a big boxset)

The CW games did sorta get ported on the PS2/Xbox and GC as the Anniversary collection, but the port job is sloppy, the graphics look weirdly smudged, and its got audio issues + missing a bunch of options from the PS1 versions, so not as good.
Didn't know about this port. How's the input lag on it. One thing that always bothered me about these collections on newer consoles was the input lag. I can't remember if the ps2 had any major increase in input lag.(I know it has that upscaled look though)

Im still confused why Soccer never got a Euro port on the SNES considering how little America cared for the sport back in the day, and how much we adore it (too much) over here lol. Then again Capcom + Europe is a long saga of them being boneheads, that continues to this day.
On a complete side note, have you ever tried super soccer for the snes. I fucking love that game. I tried it first on the switch and that convinced me to go seek out a physical copy of the game

Oct 27, 2017
I actually found some decent deals at a flea market this weekend. I got a loose copy of Muramasa for $5, and an official WiiU gamecube adapter for $15. I'm thinking about hunting down an empty Wii case, because the Gamestop case Muramasa came in is falling apart.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know about this port. How's the input lag on it. One thing that always bothered me about these collections on newer consoles was the input lag. I can't remember if the ps2 had any major increase in input lag.(I know it has that upscaled look though)

On a complete side note, have you ever tried super soccer for the snes. I fucking love that game. I tried it first on the switch and that convinced me to go seek out a physical copy of the game
Not played Super Soccer myself, will definitely have to give it a try in that case :)

As for the PS2 Anniversary controls. Im honestly not sure. I played on the Gamecube one myself (which flipped jump and shoot, which most people HATED!) but I never remember reading complaints about lag. But Im the worst person to ask on the subject so please dont take my word for that!

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

The anniversary collection on PS2 is fine for MOST of the Megaman games. I'd say 1-5 are serviceable, especially 4 and 5 with the CW additions. 7, 8, are fine. The addition of the fighting games is a REALLY nice touch too.

I don't like the JP intro music of VI, at all. which is why I am not including it on the fine list. I just don't like it.

I never had a problem playing 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 on the Anniversary collection. 1 took a bit longer to get the guts man timing right (because it is slightly different than NES) but honestly If I am not mainlining MM/RM I always need a refresher on that level.

of course, the last time I played them was on a CRT television and it was likely 20 years ago, but the box is sitting in the collection and I would never get rid of it.

The X collection on PS2 is not great though, rumors are that with Maverick Hunter X in the works at the same time Capcom futzed with the development intent on that one.

RazorHawk

Apr 3, 2023
The X collection on PS2 is not great though, rumors are that with Maverick Hunter X in the works at the same time Capcom futzed with the development intent on that one.

I remember this at the time and there are certain aspects of those ports that support this (X's dialogue changed to "damn" in X1, Zero's saber dive move input tutorial being changed from up to down if I remember correctly). The most disappointing part (for me anyway) was at the time they were saying X2 was gonna get remixed music and X4/X6 were gonna get new English dialogue tracks with the current voice cast (MHX/Command Mission/X8). Of course that's not what happened so who knows if that was true.

But regardless, the ps2 port versions of the SNES games on this X collection are my preferred way to play them console-wise. They run perfect as far as I know and since they're actual ps2 ports they have a bit more horsepower to work with so the SNES-style slowdown is gone (also no input lag). I believe this is the case with the classic anniversary as well (I'm sure someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong).

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Behold what was bought for a grand total of £50

Also not pictured that was included: Metroid Fusion, N64 Transfer pak and 2 PSPs with chargers. The NES classic game is Zelda 2

Absoultely mad. The whole lot is probably around £500 in value!

And because I gave him half the saturn games from a month ago, he gave me half the GBA games! So I walked away with Boktai 2, Zero Mission, Tactics, Links Awakening and Golden Sun - He took the rest! These were all games I wanted to add to my list but were probably a bit too pricey for me to pick up (whilst saving for other things) - probably the find of the year!

Oh boy does it feel good to have friends :)
The second Boktai game is super rare. Probably one of my holy grails as a GBA collector. Congrats!

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Pricing out my 360 games and it's off the rails lol

According to EBay sold I could get close to $1000CAD for Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3, Kens Rage 2 and a spidey game lol.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Tagovailoa

Feb 5, 2023
Got FFTA for $25 over the weekend. Not a complete steal but the cart does have a save file with all 300 missions cleared and all secret characters unlocked. Gives me motivation to do the same.

GBA FF collection nearly complete. IV and V to go. Just have to keep my eyes peeled at the local shops here. Most of them price things pretty fairly and have very knowledgeable people working so they aren't selling bootlegs.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Got FFTA for $25 over the weekend. Not a complete steal but the cart does have a save file with all 300 missions cleared and all secret characters unlocked. Gives me motivation to do the same.

GBA FF collection nearly complete. IV and V to go. Just have to keep my eyes peeled at the local shops here. Most of them price things pretty fairly and have very knowledgeable people working so they aren't selling bootlegs.

That's funny. I picked it up as well awhile back and someone had beat the entire game as well lol

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So with the Xbox 360 games becoming a bit more disirable (or price manipulation, take your pick), Im curious if anyone has an opinion on the various Bond games available? Im playing Goldeneye (the Daniel Craig reimagining) right now and actually its pretty darn fun. Granted its basically COD as Bond but that's honestly not that bad, its a solid mission based FPS.

Im also gonna hoover up the various Marvel releases - these I know are... not good, but I love Marvel stuff so Im basically all in on the jank lol.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So with the Xbox 360 games becoming a bit more disirable (or price manipulation, take your pick), Im curious if anyone has an opinion on the various Bond games available? Im playing Goldeneye (the Daniel Craig reimagining) right now and actually its pretty darn fun. Granted its basically COD as Bond but that's honestly not that bad, its a solid mission based FPS.

Im also gonna hoover up the various Marvel releases - these I know are... not good, but I love Marvel stuff so Im basically all in on the jank lol.

Quantum of Solace is a must-play. Basically CoD 007 but still really good. Bloodstone is also really good as well, basically being an uncharted title for the platform.

You can skip legends tho. It's terrible and the aiming is broken (as in it feels terrible). Only reason to bother Is if you're a huge 007 fan but if you were, you'd have already played it lol

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Quantum of Solace is a must-play. Basically CoD 007 but still really good. Bloodstone is also really good as well, basically being an uncharted title for the platform.

You can skip legends tho. It's terrible and the aiming is broken (as in it feels terrible). Only reason to bother Is if you're a huge 007 fan but if you were, you'd have already played it lol

To add to this, Quantum of Solace was made by Treyarch and Bloodstone was made by Bizarre Creations if anyone is considered about the quality of those games.

Supposedly they're a bit short but honestly that's not a bad thing when you have a huge collection

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

To add to this, Quantum of Solace was made by Treyarch and Bloodstone was made by Bizarre Creations if anyone is considered about the quality of those games.

Supposedly they're a bit short but honestly that's not a bad thing when you have a huge collection

Appreciate the info both of you :) Will grab both, sounds right up my street. Short games dont bother me these days unless they cost a fortune, as I have so many games Id love to play, shorter (but fun) experiences are preferable to several Yakuza 8 length games a year!

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Quantum is definitely a must play imo. It also has a steelbook version if you can find one for cheap.

I never played bloodstone or legends because they didn't seem up my alley. Goldeneye on Wii or ps3 is worth grabbing if you like motion control games.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The anniversary collection on PS2 is fine for MOST of the Megaman games. I'd say 1-5 are serviceable, especially 4 and 5 with the CW additions. 7, 8, are fine. The addition of the fighting games is a REALLY nice touch too.

I don't like the JP intro music of VI, at all. which is why I am not including it on the fine list. I just don't like it.

I never had a problem playing 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 on the Anniversary collection. 1 took a bit longer to get the guts man timing right (because it is slightly different than NES) but honestly If I am not mainlining MM/RM I always need a refresher on that level.

of course, the last time I played them was on a CRT television and it was likely 20 years ago, but the box is sitting in the collection and I would never get rid of it.

Thanks for the breakdown. I guess I'll need to hunt down a copy of the game. I love the series but never bothered modding my NES(plus it has cart reading issues) and no longer own any of the games on NES anyways. I'd rather buy an import collection over trying to collect all the NES games. They are for the most part cheap individually but add up to quite a bit when you have them all. I don't have a Japanese ps1 but I do have some Japanese ps2s that can play the game through it's BC.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Goldeneye on Wii or ps3 is worth grabbing if you like motion control games.
Im playing that at the moment (though on 360). Its fun in a really silly way, OTT on the shootouts but there are a few slower, sneakier spy moments. I still prefer the original GE (well, technically the remaster that was never released, that's absolutely amazing when emulated), but this is still a good time for the... afternoon it'll take to finish!
That said, I do feel like Im starting to get nostalgic for this particular gen... I just finished Assassins Creed 2 yesterday, Ill have GE done today, and I kinda miss when these games would be almost yearly affairs. With how long games take to make these days, Im appreciating the 360/PS3/Wii gen's output all the more!

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Im playing that at the moment (though on 360). Its fun in a really silly way, OTT on the shootouts but there are a few slower, sneakier spy moments. I still prefer the original GE (well, technically the remaster that was never released, that's absolutely amazing when emulated), but this is still a good time for the... afternoon it'll take to finish!
That said, I do feel like Im starting to get nostalgic for this particular gen... I just finished Assassins Creed 2 yesterday, Ill have GE done today, and I kinda miss when these games would be almost yearly affairs. With how long games take to make these days, Im appreciating the 360/PS3/Wii gen's output all the more!
Same, I really miss the output of games back then as well. Games ending on a cliffhanger didn't seem as much a big deal for me back then because I usually expected a sequel to come out within 2 to 3 years max. There were outliers like half life episode 2 and the conduit 2 but I felt for the most part we got closure.

These days with how long game development is + how unstable game companies are(referring to the constant acquisitions/closures) it's hard to stay invested and not be pissed when a game ends on a cliffhanger or does some big tease at the end of the game.

One game that pissed me off in recent years was As Dusk Falls. The game was fantastic and then ended on a cliffhanger with so many unresolved questions. There's no word on a sequel or dlc chapter. It's stuff like that which makes me hesitant on trying games like that in the future.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Same, I really miss the output of games back then as well. Games ending on a cliffhanger didn't seem as much a big deal for me back then because I usually expected a sequel to come out within 2 to 3 years max. There were outliers like half life episode 2 and the conduit 2 but I felt for the most part we got closure.

These days with how long game development is + how unstable game companies are(referring to the constant acquisitions/closures) it's hard to stay invested and not be pissed when a game ends on a cliffhanger or does some big tease at the end of the game.

One game that pissed me off in recent years was As Dusk Falls. The game was fantastic and then ended on a cliffhanger with so many unresolved questions. There's no word on a sequel or dlc chapter. It's stuff like that which makes me hesitant on trying games like that in the future.
For sure. Its kinda funny, and yet sad looking back at stuff like Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect and so on and all of them get several sequels that gen. This gen? Well... AC still gets sequels but even those feel like every other year at best (I dont keep up granted), ME is MIA as Blizzard works on Dragon Age (which itself got... 2? 3? games in the 360 era, and Uncharted... well ND release like 1 or 2 games per gen if that these days, Im not even sure when their next game is gonna pop up lol.

I do appreciate some devs can still keep things ticking along nice - Resident Evil isnt too bad (I mean, still takes a while but having it go "new game, remake, new game" etc. sure helps. Yakuza basically keeps on going like nothing has happened! I mean, numbered "main" releases are more spaced out but I wonder if that's more a choice than anything, not like we arent getting them every year still.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is Masahiro Sakurai cancelled? Is he stupid? He threw away all his packaging. Can we start a hashtag? #CancelSakurai

www.youtube.com

Storage Tips [Grab Bag]

How do you store all your unwieldy games and consoles? In today's Grab Bag, I'll be sharing my own solutions!

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Is Masahiro Sakurai cancelled? Is he stupid? He threw away all his packaging. Can we start a hashtag? #CancelSakurai

www.youtube.com

Storage Tips [Grab Bag]

How do you store all your unwieldy games and consoles? In today's Grab Bag, I'll be sharing my own solutions!
with space being at a premium, I "get" it. Especially if you are never going to sell and displaying isn't a priority.

but That hurt... a LOT. If it comes/came in a plastic case, I keep it. If it came in paperboard, I didn't keep it. The exception to this is the one LRG Gameboy cart I have on hand. My brother has storage totes of flattened SNES/GB/GBC/GBA and N64 boxes. Some of which were probably mine, but I can't in good conscience ask for mine back. I have kids, they would ruin them.

and No idea how you split 1/2 a CIB earthbound without one of us buying out the other, and that's just not possible. our parents gave it to us as a moving present in the fall of 1995. to BOTH of us. Especially the Strategy guide is in used (likley poor) condition, but the scratch and sniff still smells, the game still looks minty, and the box/insert looks fantastic!

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Well now that Stellar Blade is out of the way and nothing this summer really catches my fancy as far as new games coming out its time to go retro for this summer.

Starting a run of the Syphon Filter franchise. With of course the game that started it all Syphon Filter for the Playstation 1.

I've always been really impressed by the animation in this game especially for it being a PS1 game. Should be a fun run!

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
We've been over this a million times but what worthwhile PS3 games are still on PSN?

Mostly talking overpriced physical or stuff only on PSN.

Granned Yakuza Dead Souls, Killzone HD, and the GOW Origina collection. Open to pretty much anything .

demi

Oct 27, 2017
We've been over this a million times but what worthwhile PS3 games are still on PSN?

Granned Yakuza Dead Souls, Killzone HD, and the GOW Origina collection. Open to pretty much anything .

House of the Dead 4 is only available on PSN, and Siren Blood Curse

I bought Siren Blood Curse myself, and all the links in the game (the manual!) to external resources lead to dead pages... lul

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
House of the Dead 4 is only available on PSN, and Siren Blood Curse

I bought Siren Blood Curse myself, and all the links in the game (the manual!) to external resources lead to dead pages... lul

Funny you mention HotD 4, somehow own that and realized I have both Move Controllers and the Move Camera so will definitely try that out

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
As well as HOTD4, there's also 3 that's worth grabbing (if you dont have that on Wii already).
There's a Namco pack that has TC4 (works better on move than that awful GCon for the PS3... trust me!), Crisis Zone, and my favourite - the campy amazing time that is Deadstorm Pirates! Definitely give that a whirl if you want lightgun games!

Street Fighter X Tekken (Im sure you have that already Jaw) is well worth getting. Its not amazing... but I still love the darn thing. And character wise its the most "complete" due to it having characters like Cole and... Fat Mega Man. Its not Ultra SFIV or MVC3 great, but still worth a play.

Sega Rally is well worth it (if your not going for the PC version). Its bastard hard, but I legit love it.

All the Ratchet and Clank games are absolutely worth checking out. Ditto Sly.

God of War Ascension as well if your going after the others... I think its a legit great game with a spectacular end (visually).

Puppeteer is a great platformer that remains locked on PS3...

Any and all the Motorstorm games (especially Apocalypse)

If we are delving into imports then the list can be endless... stuff like Initial D, Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan, and RGG 1&2 HD, EX Troopers etc.

Ridge Racer 7 is still legit impressive today, Im (slowly) playing through it.

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017

Specifically PS3 games? Cause there are a ton of expensive PS1 games on there too like Megaman Legends , Tronne Bonne, Clock Tower 2

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Well now that Stellar Blade is out of the way and nothing this summer really catches my fancy as far as new games coming out its time to go retro for this summer.

Starting a run of the Syphon Filter franchise. With of course the game that started it all Syphon Filter for the Playstation 1.

I've always been really impressed by the animation in this game especially for it being a PS1 game. Should be a fun run!
I remember fun times of playing Syphon Filter 2 multiplayer. My sister killed my cousin 99 times in a row. I'll never forget it.