TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Can some insider confirm that Retro isnt falling apart? Please, we havent seen a new game from them in over four or five years.

Nah, they had job openings pretty recently. They're fine. There's usually a 3 year gap between their projects, there could be a lot of different reasons for the next game to be taking longer:

- Nintendo's restructuring after Iwata's death may have impacted them somehow
- The current project started as a WiiU game and got changed to the Switch in the middle of development
- They spent time working on a project that got canceled and had to restart from scratch
- They're just doing something really big

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
Ohhhhh shittt

It's crazy how tight liped Retro is. It's like the bomb in the head comic

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
It's ridiculous how airtight Retro studios is. I can't believe we know absolutely nothing about what is happening over there.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Can't wait for Miitomo 2: Amiibo Festival Battle Royale Tomodachi Edition!1

Sometimes I get mad with Retro for being so damn secretive, hah. Those random BBQ pics they tweet every 6 months doesn't help at all.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's not a Valve type situation where the writers are leaving because progress has ground to a halt and they don't have much to work on...

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't look into this too much, though i do think Retro's game will be at E3 this year, whether it's due in 2018 or not. It just seems like by now it has to be ready.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Nah, they had job openings pretty recently. They're fine. There's usually a 3 year gap between their projects, there could be a lot of different reasons for the next game to be taking longer:

- Nintendo's restructuring after Iwata's death may have impacted them somehow
- The current project started as a WiiU game and got changed to the Switch in the middle of development
- They spent time working on a project that got canceled and had to restart from scratch
- They're just doing something really big

They were creating a brand new massive open world sci-fi IP but Nintendo cancel it in order to assign them to work on the port of DKC: Tropical Freeze featuring Funky Kong from the Donkey Kong™ series.

Oct 28, 2017
This is really nothing, while people prefer to move on after they finish one project they sometimes leave for many reasons without finishing. Besides his job could be done and the game is still a ways off, shrug.

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
I'm guessing a lot of the most important stuff is established, and other writers will make any necessary changes leading up to release. Late in development.

(I hope. I want to see this game so bad!)

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Way too much speculatings based on a tweet in my opinion.
The only thing we know for a fact is that they haven't released or talked about any project in 4 years, and I'm more inclined to think at that point that they're having huge problems. I'm really hoping we'll see something soon.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read it as he completed his job and is moving back on home as per expectation. Retro at E3 here we go!

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Way too much speculatings based on a tweet in my opinion.
The only thing we know for a fact is that they haven't released or talked about any project in 4 years, and I'm more inclined to think at that point that they're having huge problems. I'm really hoping we'll see something soon.
If Retro doesn't appear this E3 at all, then we can safely assume something wrong must be going at Retro. It's been too damn long almost reaching the same time it took Sony Santa Monica to make the new God of War!. Hoping for some good news of them soon.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
If Retro doesn't appear this E3 at all, then we can safely assume something wrong must be going at Retro. It's been too damn long almost reaching the same time it took Sony Santa Monica to make the new God of War!. Hoping for some good news of them soon.

I'm assuming something's wrong since last year. It's a shame because it's probably one of the top five most talented studio in the 2004-2014 decade.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This really does read like a "Job is done, time to go home" situation rather than anything else.

So...

a4e.jpg

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Today, we're happy to announce Retro's first foray into the Sad Dad(tm) genre with Dong of War. Join Donkey Kong as he leads Jr. through a fantasy world of award-baiting beauty in search of..."