gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
And they say you can't improve Tetris.

Mizuguchi is an amazing artist and hasn't made a game I've disliked yet, so I'm all the way in this bitch.

Last edited:

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
That was a really slick trailer, and I'm actually somewhat intrigued about a Tetris game. It depends on how much the music plays into the gameplay, but given the developers, I don't doubt it will be done in an interesting way.

That being said, I'm not sure what they're going to do with PSVR... Will it simply be a Tetris board directly in front of you, and the remaining 75% of your surroundings are just pretty shapes? I don't have PSVR, so I might look into it for just the Tetris gameplay, but I wonder what will they add for PSVR users.

99Luffy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow Wynter gordon. Never thought Id hear that name again. Someone update the thread when the song is available on strraming.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Today, the official website's public press kit posted a four minute 4K b-roll video of the game. Check it out!
Thanks for sharing. As someone who has played Tetris every day since it launched on GB, this has me over the moon. The aesthetics of Lumines crossed with the mechanics of Tetris is a dream come true. That video even flowed like Lumines song-wise (vocal track into drum/asian-inspired track). I'm a little worried about some of the effects that cover the screen and take a while to clear, especially when it comes to high-level/fast play, but it's too early to judge. As is, this might rival The New Tetris for me, something I never imagined I'd say.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That music is so good. And now I understand what that Zone meter is for. It gets activated and shown off in the 2nd of those three songs.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the song in the trailer would be from Genki Rockets again (since Tetsuya Mizuguchi has used them so many times in the past), but I'm not entirely sure it's them. It definitely sounds a little like something they would play, but the tone of the female singer seems to be a little higher. Or maybe the mixing is just different?

Regardless, it sounds really good.

Edit: Listening to it again, I definitely think it might be Genki Rockets.

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for that B-roll footage! I was already sold on the game, but even more hyped now. I just received my physical copy of Moss PSVR, and hope there's something like that down the line for Tetris Effect. Willing to double dip to have it on my shelf.

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
I thought the song in the trailer would be from Genki Rockets again (since Tetsuya Mizuguchi has used them so many times in the past), but I'm not entirely sure it's them. It definitely sounds a little like something they would play, but the tone of the female singer seems to be a little higher. Or maybe the mixing is just different?

Regardless, it sounds really good.

Edit: Listening to it again, I definitely think it might be Genki Rockets.

It's been years since the last Genki Rockets album. I initially guessed Kaskade.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's been years since the last Genki Rockets album. I initially guessed Kaskade.
It has been a while.

The first half of the song I was like "this sounds like Genki Rockets!" and then the bass lessens a bit, and the voice becomes a bit higher/louder. I've listened to it a few times since then, and I can say with near certainty that it's definitely them, unless the band they're using is a near copy of them. Even the vocals are all "uplifting" and such, which is standard in Genki Rockets songs.

I hope this means another full-length album is on the way, but it's probably just a song or two composed for the game. Unfortunately.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
DfBIkc4W4AEm9bN.jpg:large

Oh, the demo is coming "closer to launch". I somehow thought we would get the demo at E3. Nice to get gameplay footage anyway.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is going to be weird in VR if the playfield is only one tiny rectangle in the middle of your field of vision. I hope that the well is much bigger in that version of the game.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That doesn't sounds like Genki Rockets' singer to me at all. GR's singer is ok but most of their songs heavily mess with her voice to make it sound good. The singer in this song sounds much better to me. Could just be a production issue I suppose, but my guess is that its not GR.

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
That doesn't sounds like Genki Rockets' singer to me at all. GR's singer is ok but most of their songs heavily mess with her voice to make it sound good. The singer in this song sounds much better to me. Could just be a production issue I suppose, but my guess is that its not GR.

I'm pretty sure that Genki Rockets has had like 3 or 4 different singers across the two albums.

That's why I'm guessing the first song is by a different house artist and the rest of the soundtrack probably features Takayuki Nakamura, h.ueda, etc instrumentals mixed in with some new vocal tracks.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure that Genki Rockets has had like 3 or 4 different singers across the two albums.

That's why I'm guessing the first song is by a different house artist and the rest of the soundtrack probably features Takayuki Nakamura, h.ueda, etc instrumentals mixed in with some new vocal tracks.
That would make sense then. It would also explain how Miz can get away with saying they're not going to name the artist yet. All I know is, like with all the Lumines games, I can't wait to hear and see the entirety of the skins in the game. The three I've seen so far give me such a great Lumines vibe.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this is going to be weird in VR if the playfield is only one tiny rectangle in the middle of your field of vision. I hope that the well is much bigger in that version of the game.

You made me curios, so I did a little comparison vs Puyo Puyo Tetris. It's smaller, but really not that much smaller. When Citra added the SBS stereo mode, I checked it out on Bigscreen just out of curiosity. PPT is pretty huge when played on a large virtual screen. And that's with a screen that wasn't even covering my whole FOV. So I suspect it won't be much of an issue. I'm guessing the playfield probably covers most/all of your focus area and the rest is just stuff that explodes around your peripheral vision.