TKM

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sold. This will be such a cool experience in PSVR with headphones on max. Hoping for a physical disc to have alongside my copy of Rez Infinite. But i'll still buy if it's digital only even the economics.

Oct 28, 2017
im more interested in the gameplay in the trailer, where you match the top rows only. hopefully its not just normal tetris gameplay with a grid like the screens

I am going to assume it will have different play styles, but I could see the game having some type of rhythmic aspect. Where you move and complete blocks to the beat of the music.

Also, I would say it is safe to assume that this will have a Lumines stage switching style to it, as you complete so many lines of blocks, it will load a completely new stage with new colors, sounds, effect, music right in the middle of the stage you were playing, which will be amazing!

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Am I wrong in thinking that this is basically Jeff Minter/Llamasoft's Tetris, as T2K was his take on Tempest?

Not that I'm complaining, I'm in on the bottom floor when this arrives. But that teaser just makes me want Tempest 4000 to finally fucking get a release.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to finally buy PSVR specifically because of this

No joke

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want the ost :(

It seems Its an original music, tried to search and people are talking the music Its from the game only

Edit:
Only the music part of the video

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This trailer blew me away. Wow.

I don't think I've personally felt this kind of emotional response to a game trailer in a few years. I guess it helps that I'm already a Tetsuya Mizuguchi fan, and my purchase of PuyoPuyo Tetris on my Switch last year kind of rekindled my connection to the Tetris brand.

I can't believe a Tetris game is probably one of my most anticipated games right now -- and I'm not even the type of person that laments the state of gaming right now. In fact, I'm probably at my peak enthusiasm for games right now.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
which part of the trailer was actual gameplay? i saw something that looked like gameplay at the end but is the entire game gonna be that way?

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did you make sure to wear your oven not for that hot take? Need a cutting board for that edge? :)
I look forward to giving you money for the inevitable Tetris Effect dynamic theme. =)

which part of the trailer was actual gameplay? i saw something that looked like gameplay at the end but is the entire game gonna be that way?

Every bit of the trailer came from in-game assets. But the gameplay was near the end where they show a wall of filled in blocks with gaps in them and you have to drop a block correctly into the gap. It's a mode that's also in Puyo Puyo Tetris, and quite honestly it's one of the most boring variants of Tetris I've ever played. It's not difficult and it's not very fun either. But there's also a chance that there's a Lumines-esque speed/combo mechanic going on that could liven up the mode. Regardless, there's 30 levels, so there's a good chance there's a lot more modes than this one in the game.

Morgenstern

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm counting on Detective Era. At least if it's an original song for the game, she may have other songs already available. She should have been credited tbh

On my first view of the trailer, I was wondering if it might be Ryn Weaver, based on the vibrato flourishes throughout. However, Ryn's voice is a bit deeper.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
- Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4 Pro),

So on base PS4 it will run at 30FPS? wtf?!

b00

Oct 28, 2017
Wow insane trailer! So many partial effects lol! Reminds me of Dyad. The most amazing thing was that the download was 1337mb. Did anyone play that on ps3? Has that dev done anything since?