BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Didn't play yesterday, no excuses, played today and pumped up the difficulty to level 12. 5 more minutes of counted ring fit time and 2 more difficulty levels and I went from tired on tuesday to sweating like a beast at the end today.

I'm not thrilled at the 8,000 ab guards you have to do, I wish I could do almost any other exercise for defense.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Man, the ring controller is such a great exercise tool even by itself. I am picking it up and giving it a good squeeze multiple times a day until my muscles are fatigued. I am fairly strong and am pressing it together until my hands touch and right now I cannot see any permanent deformation. I hope it lasts a long time and does not snap one day... but I guess Nintendo chose the materials carefully to avoid that.

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Damn I wanted to buy Ring Fit Adventure from Amazon.de or Amazon.fr, but it seems sold out from both. Also appears high on the bestseller lists. I don't want to pay the 80-90 Euro for it you see elsewhere, so I guess I have to wait a few weeks.
Think this is going to be a big hit again.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn I wanted to buy Ring Fit Adventure from Amazon.de or Amazon.fr, but it seems sold out from both. Also appears high on the bestseller lists. I don't want to pay the 80-90 Euro for it you see elsewhere, so I guess I have to wait a few weeks.
Think this is going to be a big hit again.
Try FNAC if shipping is not too high, they have it and it's the same price as Amazon.fr was : https://jeux-video.fnac.com/a13568535/Ring-Fit-Adventure-Nintendo-Switch-Jeu-Nintendo-Switch

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
My girlfriend and I are somewhat competing with the game and has taken us from the game recommending us play at 20 and the exercise draining us entirely to her and I upping to 22 and 25 respectively and doing 30 - 45 minute workout sessions/45 Min - 1 Hour total sessions including all the menus.

I'm having a blast and haven't missed a day yet (Today will be day 10) and I'm only on world 5, level 32. She's world four, level 24 with some rest days. I've already lost 2 pounds and feel myself getting stronger as the workouts get easier.

I had to reccomend it to our other couple friends because this is really the most fun I've ever had working out.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I can tell I'm making progress because that thing you have to do where you squeeze the ring quickly a bunch of times to open a door is easy now.

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on my third day with this game and I enjoy it way too much. I keep getting annoyed that I literally cannot play it as much as I would like to.

TheHolyTurnip

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
My son and I finished our first week and I know I can already feel a small difference, the workout was a little easier today too. The best part about this game is my son WANTS to play it and the workout is truly legit, it's the best fitness game out there. If anyone reading this is on the fence or worried about quality you should put those concerns aside and pick this up, it's for real.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
My son and I finished our first week and I know I can already feel a small difference, the workout was a little easier today too. The best part about this game is my son WANTS to play it and the workout is truly legit, it's the best fitness game out there. If anyone reading this is on the fence or worried about quality you should put those concerns aside and pick this up, it's for real.
Yeah I'm a regular gym goer but this game can totally ruin me. I'm utterly shattered after a session now. There are so many ingenious ideas in the game that make you work right to your limit, and the boss battles are legit challenging and a massive work out. Thing is, I'd rather play this than go to the gym now!

It's not until you experience the game for yourself that you realise that it's the real deal and does give you a proper work out, cardio and muscle.

I complained about the cutscenes etc in the other thread but at I've progressed I released they're minimal and a non issue.

My only issue with the game is the Ring/Joycon constantly losing calibration, making it difficult to shoot stuff to the sides etc. Keep having to reset it by holding it flat.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so good. I keep wanting to play more but I don't want to take multiple showers a day.

It's really impressive how addicting it is for a fitness game.

plufim

Sep 29, 2018
Just hit level 45. This game is great!
Hesitant to talk about the level 40 unlock, is that considered a spoiler?

TheHolyTurnip

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
Yeah I'm a regular gym goer but this game can totally ruin me. I'm utterly shattered after a session now. There are so many ingenious ideas in the game that make you work right to your limit, and the boss battles are legit challenging and a massive work out. Thing is, I'd rather play this than go to the gym now!

It's not until you experience the game for yourself that you realise that it's the real deal and does give you a proper work out, cardio and muscle.

I complained about the cutscenes etc in the other thread but at I've progressed I released they're minimal and a non issue.

My only issue with the game is the Ring/Joycon constantly losing calibration, making it difficult to shoot stuff to the sides etc. Keep having to reset it by holding it flat.

I'm not a gym goer at all and I really appreciate the cut scenes for the small break they give. I also really like some of the small things in the game that are really good touches, such as focusing zones on a specific color to push you to work different areas of your body, having to use the ring to progress text and other things also makes sure that even when you're standing still your doing something, using smoothies as a healing item reinforces using smoothies in real life, etc.

I've also had a few instances of the ring calibration getting a little weird while running but it's only been a few and usually when I'm flailing around trying to suck up a coin. It's been a non issue for the actual workout though and once I calibrate it doesn't happen again for the session, so I can deal with the occasional foible.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I'm on Day 15, but really only worked out 11 of those days. I'm sick right now so I don't feel up to doing Ring Fit, the minimum I do is getting in my 500 ring-con presses at least for the multi-task mode. Still on World 7, but hope to have it completed by Sunday or Monday depending on how I feel.

Sardello

Oct 30, 2017
Probably a silly question, but I would like to be sure about that.
The game can be played in handled as well? I mean using the small switch screen instead of the tv.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a silly question, but I would like to be sure about that.
The game can be played in handled as well? I mean using the small switch screen instead of the tv.

Yes.

It is, of course, a diminished experience, but it is absolutely doable (and something I would actively do if I was on the road).

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe a silly question, but can I expect to build some muscle playing this game? I frequently go to a gym, but because of different circumstances, I haven't been able to go for a couple of weeks and considering that probably this will not change in the next days, I'd love to find a way to at least keep me fit.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone knows how to get the third golden mask in the level right before the Drageaux fight in World 2? It's high up in the air to the right of the path. I tried to jump and hoover but it didn't work. 3 times...

Dyna

Nov 1, 2017
Finland
I had to skip playing yesterday so I made sure to go extra hard today. Well, that was the plan anyway until I realized world six and seven really like to make you train your legs. I did manage to get a good 30 minutes of exercise time anyways, but the last few squat moves really started to burn in an uncomfortable way so I decided to call it quits for tonight. I'm level 54 now and I might have read wrong but I think I got a pop-up saying I've unlocked all the moves? Maybe it was just for one category, not sure. Also, regarding a boss fight in world 7...
I wonder if the developers intentionally made Allegra like... that, lol. The game has some humor for sure so I wouldn't be surprised if they made her bossy and, uh, borderline seductive with her moves on purpose.
Cool fight and a good workout though for sure, hopefully the next levels will be more ab and/or chest focused, my feet are a bit sore right now.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Maybe a silly question, but can I expect to build some muscle playing this game? I frequently go to a gym, but because of different circumstances, I haven't been able to go for a couple of weeks and considering that probably this will not change in the next days, I'd love to find a way to at least keep me fit.
It won't build you muscle (at least not a lot), because there is not that much resistance in how you work. It's mostly body weight training, but it does help in keeping you active. There is of course possibility to add up muscle with body weight training alone, but it's more core and fitness training in aerobic way using multiple and varied muscle groups.

Anyone knows how to get the third golden mask in the level right before the Drageaux fight in World 2? It's high up in the air to the right of the path. I tried to jump and hoover but it didn't work. 3 times...
If I remember correctly you can't get there at this point in the game. There is a new skill later on that allows you to get there.

I wonder if the developers intentionally made Allegra like... that, lol. The game has some humor for sure so I wouldn't be surprised if they made her bossy and, uh, borderline seductive with her moves on purpose.
Cool fight and a good workout though for sure, hopefully the next levels will be more ab and/or chest focused, my feet are a bit sore right now.

Yup.
She's definitely a dom

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Silly question here and sorry if it's been answered before : do you have any issue with the leg-con strap slipping down? I can't get the sweet spot between "it's definitely going to fall when I'm running" and "I can't feel my leg anymore", how do you work this out?

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Been doing this for 30 minutes at 23 on non-gym days (which are becoming more and more frequent because I've been working so much) and it's a lot of fun. It tires me out but not enough that I can't function after.

One issue I'm having with squats - I think I have pretty good squat form, but I'm still never getting higher than "Good" when using it. Is there something I'm missing? Do I have to hold it longer or something?

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Been doing this for 30 minutes at 23 on non-gym days (which are becoming more and more frequent because I've been working so much) and it's a lot of fun. It tires me out but not enough that I can't function after.

One issue I'm having with squats - I think I have pretty good squat form, but I'm still never getting higher than "Good" when using it. Is there something I'm missing? Do I have to hold it longer or something?

You're not going low enough. Likely, the Left Joy-Con may not be high enough on the thigh.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Silly question here and sorry if it's been answered before : do you have any issue with the leg-con strap slipping down? I can't get the sweet spot between "it's definitely going to fall when I'm running" and "I can't feel my leg anymore", how do you work this out?

Yeah mine slides down sometimes especially when I'm doing the high steps. It depends probably on the type of pants you're wearing and how tight/high the strap is.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It won't build you muscle (at least not a lot), because there is not that much resistance in how you work. It's mostly body weight training, but it does help in keeping you active. There is of course possibility to add up muscle with body weight training alone, but it's more core and fitness training in aerobic way using multiple and varied muscle groups.

If I remember correctly you can't get there at this point in the game. There is a new skill later on that allows you to get there.

Yup.
She's definitely a dom

Thank you!!!

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
If you have the means, use a sporting tape under the strap. I know it's a hassle compared to just putting it on, but I know that it works.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got the game today and did a 30 min workout. Pretty good workout and will definitely complement the exercises I'm doing at the gym.

Is there any way to adjust the screen size? A bit of the game is being cut off currently and I couldn't find an option to adjust the screen size to fit my tv.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
How far are people after two weeks?

Im still on World 8 now, doing the requests as we speak. The game keeps throwing new stuff and I can say that the Duel move against world 8 boss was a killer.

Also
The Skill Tree Massively Expands at level 65!
zBVHI9g.png

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Week three and things are starting to get easier to do, ish. I can't do the knee-to-chest attack the same way the example shows, which is more like a dance move. But anyway, I do it my own way.

I also suffer from the leg strap slipping. I'm considering sewing some kind of pocket or velcro flap to a pair of short or joggers to hold it in place.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I came in here after watching Easy Allies try it out, and I think I'm sold. I do a regular workout routine at home, but this looks like it helps with cardio which I can always use more of.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Love this game and had 10 great days with it, but now I seem to have damaged my foot, so taking a couple of days off. For the record, I don't recommend doing lots of on-the-spot running and mountain climbers etc on a hard floor in bare feet :/

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
Begin this 4 days ago. 15 years with no sport and cigarette. Begin at 10 intensity I manage to make 7min with difficulty. The fourth day intensity 15 manage 20min. Very motivated for made this every day. I made also my 500 off tv screen bonus every day. I can already sense the benefits. My muscular pain due to computer work have greatly reduced ! The game is very fun and it's a great motivation for a no sport men like me.

I have the time at the left lower side and my wife have the calories. Someone know how to change this from time to calorie or calorie to time ? Thanks

Last edited:

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I think this game is exactly what I need to become more active again. I need to buy another set of joy-cons though first, because left one is dead.