• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Literally one good song and it's the one that comes with the spotlight season pass.

Based Harmonix.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
"I want more songs per week" "I want more recent songs"

Harmonix: "Here ya go"

The monkey's paw strikes again!

But really though, definitely two songs for me this week, possibly a third if they release 'Demons' or 'On Top of the World' by Imagine Dragons later on down the line and I then decide that if I'm getting three songs by them then I may as well get all four, despite the...uh..."quality" of said song.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Well that Charlie Puth song is way better than I thought after giving it a fair listen. It sounds a bit iffy at first but a funky as fuck bass riff kicks in and it spices up!

That and Portugal. The Man's "Feel It Still" are actually pretty good. "Thunder" though, yeesh. Imagine Dragons just keep getting worse and worse.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
And here's this week's first playthrough scores, stem confirmations and impressions for this weeks 4-pack of DLC!

"
Attention" - Charlie Puth - [Guitar: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 1 | Vocals: Tier 5 | Bass: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar:
104,414 | 100% Notes Hit (739/739) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass:
85,648 | 100% Notes Hit (432/432) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Thunder" - Imagine Dragons - [Guitar: Tier 1 | Drums: Tier 1 | Vocals: Tier 3 | Bass: Tier 1]
Expert Guitar:
78,341 | 100% Notes Hit (332/332) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass:
134,707 | 100% Notes Hit (338/338) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Sorry Not Sorry" – Demi Lovato - [Guitar: Tier 1 | Drums: Tier 1 | Vocals: Devil Tier | Bass: Tier 0]
Expert Guitar:
83,475 | 100% Notes Hit (352/352) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass:
39,923 | 100% Notes Hit (144/144) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Feel It Still" - Portugal. The Man - [Guitar: Tier 2 | Drums: Tier 1 | Vocals: Devil Tier | Bass: Tier 1]
Expert Guitar:
49,782 | 100% Notes Hit (277/277) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass:
98,207 | 100% Notes Hit (424/424) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations and DLC Impressions: "Sorry Not Sorry" is 100% legit, no muffling of other tracks or overall track degradation when missing notes on your own instrument. "Attention" makes it a double whammy. "Thunder" also has confirmed master tracks and "Feel It Still" makes it 4 for 4 this week! Another flawless week for you stem enthusiasts out there. Purchase the pack without any worries!

"Attention" - This song has the potential to really annoy on guitar if you're not used to zig-zagging with the vast majority of the song zipping back and forth between green and yellow with rapid double strumming all over the place, the other half is slow movement up and down the fretboard between all five frets. So yeah, this'll be a real love/hate chart and for me personally? Can't say I'm a fan really.
Bass starts with a 13 second break, and then after a few long sustained notes comes the main riff. A bouncy little affair with hammer-on flourishes in between to mix things up. It's funky as fuck and a blast to play despite it not really switching things up to often. Good stuff there!

"Thunder"- Despite being a pretty naff song musically (well, really fucking naff, shit even) it has a decent guitar chart. It starts off with a few chord sustains and then switches up into this relatively fun series of alt-strummed chord and single note changes with a few chord hammer-ons to spice things up, the first solo is decent too with a lot of hammer-on snaking too. So yeah overall, not bad at all! The bass is pretty mundane though sadly, just having you switch between held single notes and a slightly more upbeat series of strummed bass chords topped off with sustains at the end of each lane switch. Overall, bass is pretty underwhelming

"Sorry Not Sorry" - Guitar starts off decent enough with chords accentuated with single note strumming snaking downwards towards the orange fret. When the piano kicks in afterwards you'll be hitting a bunch of three and two note chords with upward and downward fret movement in between with a few hammer-on flushes to mix things up. Rinse and repeat to the end, so yeah, not bad for a tier 1 chart. Bass is fairly dull though, which mainly just consists of slow movement down the fretboard from green to orange with some sustained notes being about the only variation the bass chart has. Pretty fucking dull.

"Feel It Still" - Despite how minimalist the song sounds on guitar the chart is it's actually really good! The bulk of the song consists of steady single note strumming with two note chords in between to vary things up with steady hammer-on with a few instances of snaking from the bottom of the fretboard back up to the top as well. So yeah, overall I actually really enjoyed the guitar chart for how low tier it is in terms of difficulty! Bass is alright, mostly just consisting of single note sustains with a strummed note in-between to give a little bit of a bounce to the proceedings, the general pattern changing a little with double strums on one fret every now and again as well. Overall not bad.

BEST GUITAR: "Feel It Still"
BEST BASS: "Attention"
BEST OVERALL: "Feel It Still"

Ozone

Oct 26, 2017
Philadelphia
Tonight marks the end of the Rivals season, so how is everyone doing this time around? My crew got into Bloodstone last week so we've been taking it easy this one.

Oct 25, 2017
1221MuseumTwi.png

RICKY WAS A YOUNG BOY

All three of the Rewind tracks are really good, too.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Here's my first playthrough scores, stem confirmations and impressions of this week's rewind tracks and new DLC single:

"
Suffragette City" - David Bowie – [Guitar: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 3 | Vocals: Tier 4 | Bass: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar:
188,357 | 100% Notes Hit (855/855) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass:
155,074 | 100% Notes Hit (838/838) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Plush" - Stone Temple Pilots - [Guitar: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 2 | Vocals: Tier 2 | Bass: Tier 2]
Expert Guitar:
272,252 | 100% Notes Hit (894/894) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass:
171,986 | 100% Notes Hit (725/725) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Everlong" – Foo Fighters - [Guitar: Tier 4 | Drums: Devil Tier | Vocals: Tier 2 | Bass: Tier 4]
Expert Guitar:
267,875 | 100% Notes Hit (1133/1133) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass:
189,799 | 100% Notes Hit (988/988) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"
18 And Life" - Skid Row - [Guitar: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 2 | Vocals: Tier 4| Bass: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar:
106,274 | 100% Notes Hit (590/590) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass:
108,167 | 100% Notes Hit (487/487) Full Combo | Gold Stars

STEM CONFIRMATIONS & IMPRESSIONS: Well, with three rewind tracks, count them, THREE rewind tracks this week we've got ¾ tracks so far with guaranteed master tracks this week. "18 And Life" sadly isn't a master track at all, but while the muffling of other tracks when missing notes on your own track is noticable, it's overall on the higher end of the quality spectrum when it comes to DIY jobs. A bit of a shame but them's the breaks!

"18 And Life" - Guitar is fantastic. The song's always a constant dance up and down the guitar neck with a steady influx of single notes and chords to help break up the pattern a little bite. The second half has a ton of hammer-on movement throughout as well. Most noticable being the kick-ass solo which ends on a rather hectic hammer-on string that strikes that perfect balance between challenge and fun with some gentler note chaining towards the end. Fucking awesome!
Bass is great fun, mainly consisting of steady movement back and forth across the fretboard with a few sustains to bookmark each verse it's pretty neat for it's tiering. There's even some steady three note gallops towards the end of the song to speed and spice things up a little. Overall, an absolute blast. And one of the best songs in the game on both instruments.

"Suffragette City"- Guitar is mostly chord strumming with some single note anchoring that switches up between lane changes although it does vary things up with alt-strumming that switches between single notes and three note chord sustains in between. The end has some fast paced snaking up and down the frerboard as well, yet another solid guitar chart. Bass is great with a lot of dancing back and forth between different lanes with steady single note strumming and it's pretty consistent throughout, well worth a look if you don't have the original RB1 disck export.

"Plush" - Guitar kicks ass here. It's a great mix between 2-3 note chord strumming and a ton of fast paced single note movement back up and down the guitar neck inbetween. The general loop is so well done that it never gets tedious throughout the songs 4 minute running time. Great fun!
Bass chart is pretty decent if not a bit on the easy side, it primarily consists of short bursts of single note movement down the fretboard to the orange fret, rinse and repeat for the rest of the song with a few changes halfway through to spice things up.

"Everlong" - This really does seem to be a love/hate songs on guitar I've noticed. The song mainly consists of a ton of chord strumming with your finger anchored on the highest fret. There are a few chord changes that can throw you off here, including a common G/B and G/O switch throughout. Overall a solid chart and worth a purchase in my opinion. Bass is pretty decent, pretty much just steady alt-strumming with lane changes all the time. There's not too much room to breathe in this one, much like the guitar chart. Overall a solid song on both charts!

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Shame about 18 and Life, but it was at least expected since the masters were destroyed.

Also, apparently Hooked on a Feeling and Come on Eileen are also going to be DIY jobs. Hopefully they sound decent.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Ozzy 8-pack works on UK PSN! I'll hold off on finally buying it until I work out my finances, but soon Bark at the Moon will finally be mine.

That pack exclusive stuff is kind of bullshit.

Incidentally, the less crap example of that, 2112 still doesn't work. Maybe next year. More importantly, neither does New Fang.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they haven't done any holiday DLC in years. I think the last holiday DLC they did was for Valentine's Day, they haven't done any Christmas DLC since Happy Xmas.

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not the same game at all, but Rocksmith is much more in the spirit of releasing holiday themed DLC. This year had Trans-Siberian Orchestra a couple weeks ago, with an Amon Amarth 5-pack for Halloween. Last year was Rob Zombie for Halloween, and an in-house band doing a couple Christmas songs, including Joy to the World. I've definitely enjoyed the variety they bring to the library.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
"I want more songs per week" "I want more recent songs"

Harmonix: "Here ya go"

The monkey's paw strikes again!

But really though, definitely two songs for me this week, possibly a third if they release 'Demons' or 'On Top of the World' by Imagine Dragons later on down the line and I then decide that if I'm getting three songs by them then I may as well get all four, despite the...uh..."quality" of said song.

They keep releasing all this dad rock and grandpop rock (I'm tradmarking this phrase right now 09:36 CST 12/22/2017)

I am aware that me and like 2 other people would buy songs from like Joyce Manor or the Wonder Years or something but i'd love more stuff in that vein

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Nope!

I'd would have liked to have some holiday DLC. I want Rock the Halls back from Rock Band Network. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne3yG-3fGE Loved playing that one. Or maybe it was A Christmas Rock Medley. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOGPAKNMpJ8

I wish we would get the uncensored version of "Fairytale of New York" but sadly the best and most offensive and rude parts of the song:

"You're an old slut on junk, lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed"

And....

"You scumbag, you maggot, You cheap lousy faggot, Happy Christmas your arse I pray God it's our last"

Would probably be censored due to the Teen rating of RB4 or we'd get that lame Ed Sheeran version with the "Clean" lyrics.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, missed it because the tweet didn't embed when i visited the thread earlier

Also found the multiple instruments of the same kind at once interesting. I'd be fine with that as long as it's unscored (because then the leaderboards just become confusing)

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Did the survey. Hope support is still strong in 2018! I personally cannot wait for online quickplay lobbies. I would be playing more if I could online quickplay with randoms.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Filled out the survey even though I don't have a XBO to play RB4 yet. Venue DLC sounds like a good time to me. And I'd definitely have no problem double dipping for any of my RBN songs that came back; I just hope Warmachine would make the cut.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Here's this weeks first playthrough scores, stem confirmations, DLC impressions.

"The Final Countdown" - Europe -
[Guitar: Tier 5 | Drums: Tier 4 | Vocals: Tier 2 | Bass: Tier 2]

Expert Guitar: 243,516 | 100% Notes Hit (1084/1084) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 256,544 | 100% Notes Hit (1264/1264) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Hooked On A Feeling" - Blue Swede - [Guitar: Tier 2 | Drums: Tier 1 | Vocals: Tier 2 | Bass: Tier 1]
Expert Guitar: 77,216 | 100% Notes Hit (317/317) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 57,661 | 100% Notes Hit (292/292) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Come On Eileen" - Dexy's Midnight Runners - [Guitar: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 2 | Vocals: Tier 5 | Bass: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 197,444 | 100% Notes Hit (685/685) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 140,127 | 100% Notes Hit (711/711) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations: "The Final Countdown" is a Lego Rock Band export so that's a legit master track, "Hooked On A Feeling" sadly doesn't have stems so there's a noticable downgrade in sound quality across the board when missing notes, but it's one of the better examples of DIY stems, sadly "Come On Eileen" makes for a double whammy, no stems there either which is a shame. At least they're all excellent party songs!

DLC Impressions

The Final Countdown - Guitar is pretty solid. It starts off with some horns and then after that the vast majority of the song is slow gallops book-ended with a chord each time and a rad as fuck solo with a shitload of crazy hammer-on snaking up and down the neck. Pretty good. Bass is pretty similar to the main guitar riff instead focusing on constant single note gallops with constant lane changes throughout, Overall you can't go wrong!

Come On Eileen - This is gonna be a love/hate song for a lot of people. There's a ton of piano charting going on here with bouncy chord double strums, constantly switching things up with some surprising awkward switch-ups like G/O to G/B. Overall a pretty solid chart but depending on your skill level this'll either be annoying as fuck or fun as all hell! Bass is a bouncy slow paced affair with regular double strumming and single note strumming throughout, with a ton iof steady alt-strumming towards the end of the song, it's pretty laid back but engaging enough to keep you entertained throughout.

Hooked On A Feeling - Guitar is pretty neat, there's a lot of two and three note chord strumming and a bunch of hammer-on snaking that moves back and forth across the fretboard with some alt-strumming thrown in for good measure. It switches things up enough to stay engaging throughout the songs short running time, a solid chart! Bass is pretty engaging for such a low tier chart, there's a ton of alt-strumming with some pretty unorthodox lane changes at times and some alt-strummed gallops throughout that switch between red and green on the higher end of the fretboard. Overall, good stuff on both instruments!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I linked the tweet above, but still I wonder what everyone will pick for their first option.

Mine was being able to use a controller. ROCK BAND BLITZ 2!!
I put using multiple of the same instrument.
my group when it gets together would likely run 3 drums instead of any guitar if it was possible lol.

also a little sad we won't get any legacy RBN stuff, but hopefully people are alright with it being rereleased. I know I would happily pay for cheesy pop song again :P

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I guess at this point I wouldn't mind them just relicensing and selling RBN tracks. I had a ton of RBN stuff that I would love to have access to, and if having to buy it again is the only possible way, then I guess that beats not having any option to at all. I feel the same way about the old exports I can't do anymore either. Wish I had done them at the time, but I guess I would rebuy them now if given the option (specifically Rock Band 2).