Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be hilarious when Marvel comes in a scoops the superhero game market because it takes WB a hundred years to get anything done

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I too want to see happen. Something can't be going right for all these no shows. I think they should have kept quiet during this whole time.
My concern is that WB is causing the issues.
Gonna be hilarious when Marvel comes in a scoops the superhero game market because it takes WB a hundred years to get anything done
By the time Square shows off Avengers, it won't even matter if WB Montreal shows up. Most won't give a shit.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who grew up in the sixth generation of consoles, which had the various Spider-man games, X-Men Legends and Ultimate Alliance, and Hulk Ultimate Destruction while DC had nothing in the same stratosphere, I'm pretty used to it?

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
My concern is that WB is causing the issues.
By the time Square shows off Avengers, it won't even matter if WB Montreal shows up. Most won't give a shit.

So much this to both of your replies. We've seen how Warner can interfere and mess up their DC movies. Heavens knows what they'd do with their games.
Marvel really do seem like they're going to steal the show from DC again.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This feels locked and loaded for the PS5 reveal whenever that happens. All of the Arkham games had Sony marketing deals, and the timing fits.

Sucks though, because I want to play their next game :(

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I will forgive Warner Bros for everything if they are making a Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc game but I know all we will get is Batman Arkham Underpants and DC Universe Kinda-Online.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
So much this to both of your replies. We've seen how Warner can interfere and mess up their DC movies. Heavens knows what they'd do with their games.
Marvel really do seem like they're going to steal the show from DC again.
They sure are. It's a shame because all WB has to do is focus on other heroes. That's it. They have amazing other heroes they could have focused on but nope. Just more Batman. Meanwhile, Marvel has catapulted their B and C list heroes into utter stardom. It's insane.
I will forgive Warner Bros for everything if they are making a Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc game but I know all we will get is Batman Arkham Underpants and DC Universe Kinda-Online.
We will get Batman and we will like it.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Do we have any info about what's going on in the studio or are people pulling shit out of their asses? Sometimes shit takes time, especially when a new gen is literally next year.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't recall what Asylum and City was like, but Knight and obviously Arkham VR had the marketing deal with Sony and they had the demo at their conference. So when Sony announced they were out I assumed Rocksteady wouldn't be there.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
They sure are. It's a shame because all WB has to do is focus on other heroes. That's it. They have amazing other heroes they could have focused on but nope. Just more Batman. Meanwhile, Marvel has catapulted their B and C list heroes into utter stardom. It's insane.

We will get Batman and we will like it.

Yeah it's been my problem with Warner in both mediums. Unlike Marvel to an extent now, Warner have absolutely all of their properties and characters at their stable that they can play with.
Nope just gonna use Batman and Superman and the same old villains.
I wouldn't mind someone else making a Suicide Squad game, keep Rocksteady away from it.

MattyRatk

Banned
Apr 11, 2018
Yeah it's been my problem with Warner in both mediums. Unlike Marvel to an extent now, Warner have absolutely all of their properties and characters at their stable that they can play with.
Nope just gonna use Batman and Superman and the same old villains.
I wouldn't mind someone else making a Suicide Squad game, keep Rocksteady away from it.

They don't care about Superman. Not anymore.

Man of steel was great and now they're probably not making another superman film for a while and will probably reboot it.

We're also not getting a Superman game either within the next 8 years sadly.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have any info about what's going on in the studio or are people pulling shit out of their asses? Sometimes shit takes time, especially when a new gen is literally next year.
Nope. Hopefully someone can chime in if they or WB is having issues.
Nope just gonna use Batman and BATMAN and the same old villains.
Fixed it for you.

But forreal, WB is definitely not taking full advantage of the DC property. If they would've done things right, by now they could have a proper cinematic universe with a Justice League movie on the horizon and an expansive game universe as well.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
They don't care about Superman. Not anymore.

Man of steel was great and now they're probably not making another superman film for a while and will probably reboot it.

We're also not getting a Superman game either within the next 8 years sadly.

Yeah this is greatly more apparent with all of the news we've been getting on the movie side. What are they doing at Warner?

But forreal, WB is definitely not taking full advantage of the DC property. If they would've done things right, by now they could have a proper cinematic universe with a Justice League movie on the horizon and an expansive game universe as well.

It's a bummer I was really looking forward to having a successful DCEU next to the MCU and having brilliant movies coming at me from both sides. Win, win for me with none of that DC vs Marvel rubbish on the fan level. Just great content for us to have, they screwed up big time.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this means a Batman game by WB Montreal. I mean, you can't just let the 80th anniversary of the character go by without a new game.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is greatly more apparent with all of the news we've been getting on the movie side. What are they doing at Warner?

It's a bummer I was really looking forward to having a successful DCEU next to the MCU and having brilliant movies coming at me from both sides. Win, win for me with none of that DC vs Marvel rubbish on the fan level. Just great content for us to have, they screwed up big time.
Everything that has been coming out internally over the past few years has been that they're having issues at the top. Things seem to have somewhat gotten sorted out though, hopefully for the better.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad that they're taking their time with the game, but having nothing to show for what feels like four years now doesn't exactly bode confidence.

Jul 13, 2018
I'm not so sure there are, not at an AAA level anyway. I think a lot of them would worry that there was a big risk they could spend three years developing, say, an astoundingly brilliant Superman game, strengthening one of Warner's major brands, and then Warner could turn around and continue that series themselves, maybe even grabbing the developer.

(If this sounds far-fetched, it is literally what happened with Arkham Asylum, originally published by Square Enix.)
I'm thinking more along the lines of what Disney is doing in regards to partnering with several publishers (Square, Sony, Nintendo, etc) with the goal of producing high quality AAA titles based on their IP.

WB is sitting on an absolute gold mine and is doing a subpar job at maximizing the potential of the DC IP.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018
Exactly. The only DC project that would generate as much buzz as a Crystal/Eidos developed Avengers game would be a Rocksteady Justice League title, which unfortunately isn't coming out anytime soon (if ever).

Nov 28, 2017
So, that means the last hurrah for a Bat-game this gen is from WB Montreal with that Court of Owls/Arkham Origins sequel?

And these guys are going next gen only with an announcement/reveal trailer at this year's TGA's/PSX or E3 2020, for their supposedly "BIG" DC title (which they already confirmed isn't Superman or JLA), with a GaaS model?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Well if they won't be using UE4 like MK11 due to the WB deal, then I wouldn't be very interested. It's time they ditch that very old engine eventhough it can be very highly modified but will still be lacking. Even COD is ditching the old engine for a newer one.

PetyrBaeless

Apr 3, 2019
Well, shit. Another year, another miss. I'm still excited for whatever is coming, but I am extremely deflated. I don't even wanna try speculating where it'll be revealed.

Oct 8, 2018
Since Marvel/Eidos Montreal is showing the Avengers game at E3 this year, the big question is will Rocksteady make a lot of changes after seeing what the competition is doing?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I just want to see who releases a game first between Rocksteady and Retro.

Oct 8, 2018
At least we know that Retro is working on Metroid Prime 4. Wow I just realized Arkham Origins didn't release for PS4 or Xbox One

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
4 years since Arkham Knight and they have fuck all to show. The gaming industry needs to get development time under control this is not sustainable.