• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
That's not how it works haha.
The US has serious issues, but if you think Russia and the US are remotely comparable then you're just clueless about facts. Your perspective is irrelevant.

I mean, the United States has destablised entire regions for decades upon decades, they've influenced elections, propped up dictators, sponsored coups, invaded sovereign nations, all for their own gain. And you could go on and on. I mean, what exactly are you comparing here? That the United States has never subverted and undermined democracy? Or are you just solely focused on domestic issues and burying your head in the sand when it comes to US foreign policy?

But there are facts. Yours aren't right.
That's not how it works haha.
The US has serious issues, but if you think Russia and the US are remotely comparable then you're just clueless about facts. Your perspective is irrelevant.
No, I don't think cluelessness about facts is what's going on here. And perspective is never irrelevant when certain people get treated better than others within a nation. We don't have to agree but I think you guys are really whitewashing what our country does abroad and to vulnerable citizens within its borders. Thats why I love FAIR's 'Us Not Them' series. But, we can just leave it alone. Were not going to agree on this. Feel free to have the last word if you want but I don't see the value in debating it further since it will just produce useless lists that aren't really productive.
Just wanted to put this up here to laugh at now. Glad I waited.
Now I'm a liar? Come on, man lol

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I see ResetERA mods don't like it when people call a Russia shill out.
It is highly unlikely the Russian government has an asset hidden inside Resetera of all places where they would immediately be called out for what they are doing rendering any operation against a video-game forum moot.

Oct 27, 2017
Snowden wasn't headed for Russia, he was going to Ecuador (on Julien Assange's recommendation), but Hong Kong didn't have a direct flight to Ecuador available, while Russia did, so he was going to bounce from Hong Kong to Russia to Ecuador, but then America revoked his passport while he was in the air between Hong Kong and Russia, and he got trapped in Russia as soon as his plane landed.

America pretty much handed Snowden over to Russia.

Assange you say? Ecuador sounds like it has Russian connections then

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I mean, the United States has destablised entire regions for decades upon decades, they've influenced elections, propped up dictators, sponsored coups, invaded sovereign nations, all for their own gain. And you could go on and on. I mean, what exactly are you comparing here? That the United States has never subverted and undermined democracy? Or are you just solely focused on domestic issues and burying your head in the sand when it comes to US foreign policy?

Did I say the US hasn't done those things?

If you think countries with authoritarian would do better regarding foreign policy than democracies that at least have some accountability then i dont know what to tell you.

People in the US can protest and oppose and vote out bad actors within government.

In other places, you fall off buildings.

Oct 25, 2017
Did I say the US hasn't done those things?

If you think countries with authoritarian would do better regarding foreign policy than democracies that at least have some accountability then i dont know what to tell you.

People in the US can protest and oppose and vote out bad actors within government.

In other places, you fall off buildings.

I don't think that. I'm simply saying that the US Empire is utterly disgusting.

As a side note, I confused a few of KHarvey16's posts with yours and my response was primarily directed at them. Not that it really matters I suppose.

Oct 27, 2017
It is highly unlikely the Russian government has an asset hidden inside Resetera of all places where they would immediately be called out for what they are doing rendering any operation against a video-game forum moot.

The old place was one of the largest re-directors to the Clinton campaign in 2016. Weird but true. Russian trolls had their hands in lots of off the wall places. The chud in this thread running interference for Putin exclusively, could be a shill or not. They're a liar and an apologist for tyrants and that's enough for me to call them out

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't think that. I'm simply saying that the US Empire is utterly disgusting.

A large part of it is multinational corporations coopting the US government for their own interests. With the average US citizen and people abroad paying the price.

Fixing it is something a lot of people can work on, regardless of nationality and location.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
OK, Here's a wild, no-fact, gut shot idea, take the following text from the CNN article:

In June 2016, Guccifer 2.0 began posting stolen documents through a Wordpress site they ran. To spread the material further, they shared stolen documents with people including a US congressional candidate, a state lobbyist, journalists, an entity known as Organization 1, which appears to be Wikileaks, and a person in touch with the Trump campaign.

What if Hannity's "madness" on this whole affair is that he wasn't just a simple recipient of the information from the hack, but a distribution point fairly higher up the chain than he's personally comfortable with.

Just because the names are often listed serially in written articles does not mean that the distribution was a simple 1 to many chain, Guccifer probably used Hannity and others as a route to get the information into hands that would otherwise ignore claims from an 'anonymous Romanian hacker'.

The thought of him sweating buckets and watching his door for a knock day after day pleases me greatly, one can wish. :P

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
All states work to maximize and exert their power. Its cruel but its the way the system works.

That doesn't mean that the majority of the world isn't better off with the US being the super power instead of Putins Russia.

That's not how it works though. You don't get to suddenly cast this as a zero sum game to try and make the continuation of America's toxic international presence some kind of acceptable state to much of the world moving forward. Russia is not an economic superpower on the level of the US or China or the EU or Japan in the later 20th century and its recent movements do very little to alter this fact.
Also this kind of uncritical sloganeering doesn't really engage with my point about the role the US played (beyond the actions of current administration officials) in bringing us to the current situation, taking actions that by any reasonable application of cause and effect would read as likely to contribute the transformation of the Russian federation into the oligarchic illiberal enterprise it is today

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

Now they want to talk about timing.

Honestly, timing is an interesting part of this discussion. What we're seeing Giuliani and the House intelligence committee too is pure PR aimed in my opinion at convincing voters (who will be the ones to punish the GOP or not, if they refuse to act on Mueller's findings) that anything Mueller finds is null and void.

The timing of this makes me think that Mueller and his team are well aware of these attempts, and are doing what they can to control the messaging and fight against the rhetoric painting the whole thing as partisan lies.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
What does it say about Trump when he was told about this last weekend prior to the UK trip and yet during press conference the other day, still calling it a witch hunt?

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
That indictment is seriously gripping stuff.

The bios, the servers, the software, the queries, the payment methods and management tools and fake profiles and sites and the names, dates and places, on or about.

Even the illuminati show up*. God damn.

page 15

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I see ResetERA mods don't like it when people call a Russia shill out.

Thank you. I wouldn't have noticed that utter horseshit if you hadn't mentioned it.
Links from a public forum under the same anonymous username are internet detective work/doxxing now? FUCK OFF.

Last edited:

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
So, hypothetically, if a poster here was being suspiciously awful and someone looked around and found out that they were a poster on Stormfront or some shit like that the sleuth and not the Nazi would get banned. Lol

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, umm, b-movie plot aside, put them all in jail, make a new election, nullify everything this administration has done.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
So, hypothetically, if a poster here was being suspiciously awful and someone looked around and found out that they were a poster on Stormfront or some shit like that the sleuth and not the Nazi would get banned. Lol
if you find out someone is a poster on Stormfront you should probably PM that info to the mod team to handle and not post your sleuthing on the forums.