• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I pity this man's lawyer.

Popehat just now:

Roger Stone posting the judge's picture with a rant is sort of a get-out-of-shame-and-guilt-free card for his attorneys. It's instantly recognizable and sympathetic as a client so out of control that no attorney can be faulted for failing to control them.

At this point Stone could get the death penalty on a five-year-max statute and other attorneys would tell his lawyers "there was nothing you could do, we've all been there" and buy them a drink.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
The partial gag order definitely felt like bait for Stone to try and test them so they could release any limitations. He can't help himself and they know it.

Not really how courts work. Any crap the defendant pulls that's likely to render a fair trial more difficult makes it harder for justice to be seen to be done. At the same time the court has to observe the letter and spirit of the law so a full gag on the defendant would be overreaching unless he has demonstrated a propensity to try to nobble potential jurors. Arguably he has done that now, but he had not done so at the time of the partial gag order.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I hope he comes down with a case of Manafitus and continues committing crimes throughout his court case making things even more difficult for himself. Never have I enjoyed watching self immolation and implosion more.

Oct 27, 2017
>
operasnapshot_2019-0259j82.png
Anyone else hear that high pitched sound?

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Not really how courts work. Any crap the defendant pulls that's likely to render a fair trial more difficult makes it harder for justice to be seen to be done. At the same time the court has to observe the letter and spirit of the law so a full gag on the defendant would be overreaching unless he has demonstrated a propensity to try to nobble potential jurors. Arguably he has done that now, but he had not done so at the time of the partial gag order.
Right, that's what I meant - even if a full gag would be an overreach, slap a partial on him and wait for him to slip as he tests what he can get away with and you'll get there.

Nov 13, 2017
There was a gag order placed last Friday:

NPR: Federal Judge Imposes Gag Order In Roger Stone Case

A federal judge imposed a gag order on Friday in the case of Republican political consultant Roger Stone.
Judge Amy Berman Jackson ordered that lawyers and others in the case must not talk about it publicly in ways that "pose a substantial likelihood of material prejudice" and specifically they must not use the area outside court in Washington, D.C., as a venue for those kinds of statements.
Jackson wrote in her order she has responsibilities to protect the ability to seat an impartial jury and "maintain the dignity and seriousness of the courthouse and these proceedings."
Lawyers, witnesses and Stone aren't forbidden to make all public statements.

Looks like a Troompa Loompa in that picture.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

LMAO, this fucking guy. Remember Martin Shkreli "Pharma Bro"'s case? How he had a very similar gag order put on him, but he still kept on proving he's a massive shit, only to then have his bail revoked and thrown in prison until trial.

Yeah, imo what Stone did is way worse in context than Shkreli trolling for a piece of Hillary's hair.

"The fact that he continues to remain unaware of the inappropriateness of his actions or words demonstrates to me that he may be creating ongoing risk to the community," said the judge, as quoted in The Washington Post."

That was said about Pharma Bro. Roger Stone is the same type of shit but far more dangerous. He's activating his lynch mob and pointing them right in the judge's direction.

And he already has a history of witness intimidation, that being a very large reason he was raided like he was in the first place. Time for treating him like a privileged rich white guy and affording him the benefit of the doubt is long past over.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Are these tweets still readable somewhere? Or well, I assume they are, but any good links?

Natasha Bertrand of the Atlantic broke the news that Stone had conversations with Wikileaks last February:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...stones-secret-messages-with-wikileaks/554432/

They were largely innocuous, and later confirmed by Stone himself (and I believe Wiki's twitter account). However, the court documents last week stated that the special counsel obtained messages between Stone/Wiki when they were executing the warrants for the Guccifer 2.0 case, suggesting that they may have all of these messages from the article, and possibly more that were relevant to Russian intelligence.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes it's a wonder how someone from the rich and privileged class could have ever been successful at anything.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Amazing how often these imbeciles shoot their balls off to own the libs. And sharing shit from a conspiracy blog Russian cutout to boot? Stone is rewriting the playbook on self inflicted legal issues here Christ

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Stone, Manafort, Finkelstein, and Atwater were the 4 Horsemen of Dirty Tricks that existed since the 70s. Name a shocking thing that happened under the GOP banner, they were on the fringes doing dark business.

Thing is, that time of dodging the judge's gavel or the reaper's scythe has ended.

Atwater died in bed desperately seeking born-again Christianity after that in the link.

Finkelstein soon followed him after selling out his people for money.

Manafort's decades of working as a made man in multiple mafias on multiple continents has him with one of the mobsters fates: dying in jail.

And Stone is hellbent to join him from ratfucking and spy footsies.

Good riddance.

One possibility: this perverse stunt may be an attempt to bait the judge into reprimanding him for this personal attack, giving him (dubious) cause to have his lawyers claim she is "prejudiced" against him, in a bid to get another judge or have a mistrial declared.

I know, it's kinda tin-foil hat, but Sone is a dark, amoral man, I wouldn't put it past him.

Or more simply, he's confident in a prez pardon, so he gives no fux.

Of what we've seen from this crew's upper echelons over the last 3 years, that is exactly the refuge-in-audacity sociopathy and victimhood I'd expect of them actually. We know this from staring into the Heart of Darkness daily that it is true.