• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Epic seems to be winding down their third party deals significantly. I doubt the Ubisoft deal was a good one for Epic, I doubt they got all that many sales of Ubisoft games on EGS outside of when they were subsidising them with coupons during the big sales.
yeah I can see why Ubi would've taken the deal (I assume Epic paid them well) but it never made much sense to me on Epic's side

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
wild. The Ubisoft Connect version has Cross-Save with the console versions as well, so hopefully that will be present here. One downside is there are a handful of achievements you can get locked out of on Console if they would have triggered while you're playing on PC.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
39142bfd-672c-45ea-8988-17ac2e78875f_text.gif

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Maybe once they are back someone at Ubi also decides to update all the library art assets for their games... 🤣

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
3236-3564.jpg

"Well, well, well!"

Edit: It would be nice if they would let you play the games you've bought without too much faffing around, but we'll see, I guess.

Last edited:

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Ubisoft slinking back after finding out that the Epic cheque doesn't mean anything when nobody buys games on the EGS.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Wish they would give you the option to bring you Ubisoft Connect purchases over to Steam. Would love to play my Far Cry and Assassin's Creed games on the deck without too much hassle.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Would be nice if you can skip Uplay and just launch what you actually want to launch. Even better if there was something released recently by Ubisoft that was fresh and worth playing.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone else already returned to Steam, it would make no sense for Ubisoft to be the odd man out. I wonder if the deal they had with Epic is about to expire.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Probably all Ubi games including Scott Pilgrim will come at one point, Epic deal was pretty much useless except for the money hat, selling 100 copies with a 12% cut is worse than selling 10000 copies with a 30% cut.

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
I'm excited to finally play Valhalla and would likely preorder Mirage. Hope they don't forget Steam achievements.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Steam and PC Gamers stay winning. I'm not particularly interested in a lot of Ubisoft games, but I would be tempted by some of the AC games for Deck play.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's most probably because their deal with Epic is coming to its end than their games not selling well without Steam.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Damn when you really think about it, prankster grandmas and uncles managed to trick Ubisoft to coming back to Steam. The power of the holidays

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Why not just stay with Epic then? If the games are doing fine, they get a bigger cut there

Epic seems to be winding down their third party deals, we know from the Apple trial and their year in reviews that the Epic store isn't doing very well. I doubt the Ubisoft deal ever made much sense for Epic, I imagine most people bought their games on Uplay outside of the EGS sales with the subsidized coupons, which lost money for Epic on every sale.

Also we know from Activision that Mosern Warfare 2 sold twice as many units on PC compared to recent games, showing the importance of even big games being on Steam

View: https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1589726659829456897?s=20

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it was just the deal with Epic then Ubisoft would simply keep selling its games through its own service and collecting 100% of the revenue.
Why not just stay with Epic then? If the games are doing fine, they get a bigger cut there
But without Epic deal, they won't get the additional (free) revenue. So they come back to Steam for that added revenue. It's not that complicated to me.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
1668006501541.jpg

Looks like more is being done in the back end too. Might be coming soon, the two year anniversary of it's release is tomorrow..