• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any actual confirmed info for Pokemon Switch yet? I keep holding onto hope that being the first mainline Pokemon on console they return to the original 150. It would be a pretty strong selling point surely?

The appeal of the series for me at least died after 250 of them so the idea of diving into the series where it is now isn't that appealing, but a proper Pokemon game on console is something I've wanted to too long.
They aren't ever going back to the original 150, whatever that means (btw, it's 151, unless you don't count mewtwo).

It will be a mainline game, but it's going to be a new region with a lot of new pokemon.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Is there any actual confirmed info for Pokemon Switch yet? I keep holding onto hope that being the first mainline Pokemon on console they return to the original 150. It would be a pretty strong selling point surely?

The appeal of the series for me at least died after 250 of them so the idea of diving into the series where it is now isn't that appealing, but a proper Pokemon game on console is something I've wanted to too long.
Not introducing any new Pokémon would be a sure-fire way to cripple merchandise sales & some of the appeal of new Pokémon games. Introducing new Pokémon is what keeps the multi-media Pokémon machine going.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we ever got a leak about a pokemon game so early in development.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
I like how NO ONE is talking about the fact that apparently we are going to get 6+ Saiyans as post release DLC for DBZF.

That's hella garbage IMO. If it's true I hope people actually make a stink about it and not just hold double standards because the game looks good.
Because honestly I for sure think that will happen.

There is going to be a good amount of DLC and sadly it will probably mostly be Saiyans.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
The Mother 3 thing is old news. In fact our own Emily Rogers touted it iirc as a Wii U Virtual Console release a year ago alongside a few others.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know a lot about the 3DS Pokémon Engine, but my first thought is that a full-blown Pokémon Switch title would not use it.

Maybe they're just porting over the tools for practice. But that seems like a big waste of time if the game will be completely different.

Maybe Serebii knows something about this? Have any Pokémon games ever relied on the technology of a previous console - even in part? Every Pokémon game has looked entirely different at the end of one system's life to the birth of the next.

Would there really be any value in porting over Sun and Moon in their entirety to Switch just for practice?

Game Freak is notorious for using past games on a new hardware as a practice test, they did this in gen 3 when they used gen 2 music in the style of gen 3 to see how it would work but none of those music were ever used in the game. Plus Gen 4 and 5 had items from past gen games that were never used.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
A bunch of recycled rumors, obvious fakes, and some broad guesses, with maybe a couple of correct leaks, probably taken from elsewhere. Exciting.

This.

There is some technically correct stuff in there. But the whole post is a mish mash of rumors from around the net.

Yup. Reads like the typical second-hand leak where the leaker adds fake details and leaks to get more attention.
Some stuff is legit, some is known through datamining, some are old rumors without any basis, etc.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
That's way too many rumors together from different places for all of them be real. I just hope the DMC 5 on PSX is real, but I will not be surprised if it isn't.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The world ends with you 2
DMC5
Pokémon Stars was really a thing?

... I want to believe but it's all too good to be true.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not introducing any new Pokémon would be a sure-fire way to cripple merchandise sales & some of the appeal of new Pokémon games. Introducing new Pokémon is what keeps the multi-media Pokémon machine going.

Yeah, on this I agree. At this point, there are much, MUCH more people that care about post Gen 1 stuff. Now, if only we could get some Gen 3 fanservice instead of constant Kanto bs GameFreak throws in...

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I'll admit that I was pretty skeptical about this until I went in and read the whole thing on gamefaqs of how he called the Turtles being in Injustice 2 a week out.

That said with all due respect to the guy, I'm still skeptic as all hell on this. Something about that list of "leaks" looks so familiar to another list that was posted a while back that had revealed that whole thing for SFV and the "Season 3" characters (plus with the "arcade mode" featuring Street Fighter characters, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess that Sagat will likely take that slot).

Doesn't help that we have been guessing DMC5 for quite some time now with the RE2 remake and Soul Calibur 6. Meanwhile, we also remain hopeful that previous requests for characters like Asura and Gill getting into MvC:I (alongside with the "X-Men pack" for 2018 to readd in the X-men that got cut out of launch or at least the ones that people want to see: Deadpool and Wolverine.) Finally for reading what was written in the "DBFZ" section, I can't help but scoff at what was written.

I will say this though as I do with all other Rumor-like threads. I hope I'm proven wrong on at least a few of these. If these things do happen between now and the end of the year (or at PSX for the Playstation related items), then I'll be happy. I'm just not going to hype myself up in case if nothing happens.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Dino Crisis?

Goddammit Jawmuncher

f6vzhew3tsdd.gif

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Fuck me if they make another Soul Calibur and it's on Switch I will go nuts

I loved the shit out of SC2 on GameCube and SC4 on my Xbox 360.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
The world ends with you 2
DMC5
Pokémon Stars was really a thing?

... I want to believe but it's all too good to be true.
Pokemon Stars and Mother 3 are likely a thing because the sources they came from are mostly legit. Plans just must've changed. Eurogamer leaked the entire Switch itself as well as Pokemon Stars and Mother 3, but for some reason those two games never happened or have yet to happen.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I hope the virtual console stuff isn't true. I will subscribe to their service for as long as my wife is playing Splatoon, but I just want to own my games. The thing is built to house thier legacy catalog. SNES on the go has been a dream of mine since the GBA days, not too mention N64 or gamecube portable. Just let me but them (with a discount for what I already own preferably).
I really don't see what's so bad about a subscription based VC service (as long as it isn't streaming based, which would horrible). It's a way for you to pay a small amount of money each month for access to a (hopefully) massive library of games, and when a new Nintendo system comes out, you don't have to buy them again. Rather, you just pay for the subscription, and there's your games on Switch 2 or whatever. It's also gives Nintendo consistent revenue for the service (allowing them hopefully further expand), and means they don't have to worry about people not wanting to rebuy entire digital libraries in New hardware, which many have been understandably apprehensive of in the past. It actually solves a lot of problems with VC, whilst offering a greater value for everyone pretty much.

Also, these are digital games, dude. You don't really own anything, and at any point, Nintendo could shut down the servers on the system where you downloaded them and prevent you from ever re-downloading them. This is basically what's happening now with Wii. It's tragic and horror in my eyes, but it's the reality (and trade-off) of an ultra-convenient, all-digital future. If you buy digital, you own nothing.

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
Some friends and I were just talking the other day about how there hasn't been a new SC game in a while and we miss Link as a playable character lol

Those are definitely fun rumors at any rate. Hope some of them pan out. Would like a new JP developed DMC too.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
They better not be rushing out Pokemon Switch next year, otherwise we'll have a mediocre entry like XY all over again. I really think GF needs to take their time to make a game as good as SM/BW2 instead of a poor one like ORAS or XY.

The VC rumors are something I don't even know should be considered rumors at this point. I mean, we already knew older games would have online play via the Nintendo Online, but not every SNES/NES game has multiplayer and I'd still want to buy them individually so I could download obscure import titles that would certainly get overlooked if they went for a compilation style for releases. Lots of cool obscure Wii U/3DS/Wii VC games I would have imported if they allowed me, and I just want them on my switch via the JPN eShop.

I do think M3 is pretty inevitable at this point but it's nothing too special or mindblowing being a nearly twelve years old GBA title that's no more special than the SNES Fire Emblem games we didn't get in the west either. I'd like more new, obscure stuff for the VC.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I will continue with my habitual approach to Nintendo rumors, which is to doubt them.

I really hope Ninty doesn't rush Game Freak on Switch Pokemon though. The system already has the best Mario and Zelda games of all time to sell it. And the last time we got an obviously-rushed-for-the-new-platform Pokemon was X&Y, which, while still solid games, are by far the worst in the series. You can all the corner-cutting just by playing it.

Posted the same time as someone who feels the exact same way, it seems. #LeaveGameFreakAlone!

EDIT: Oh man, I didn't actually read through the whole Reddit post. Dino Crisis and TWEWY 2, rofl (sorry Jawmuncher). Yeah, this is fake af.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
DEJA VU

I'VE READ ALL THESE LEAKS BEFORE

But seriously, I'll believe them when I see them. Especially leaks on the level of, "No, seriously. THIS is the year we're getting Mother 3, I swear!"

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
To be honest, the only reason why anyone is paying this guy any attention (myself included) is because he leaked TMNT in Injustice 2. And even then, casting this wide of a net is probably unlikely for any one insider without a shit-ton of contacts.

DragoonC

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sweden
I would love to see TWEY 2, altough its been a bit too long. It's been 10 years since the DS game came out and the iron isn't hot. Altough switch could definitely be a nice fit for it considering the gameplay in the first game.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Soul Calibur 6 on switch would also line up with the comment that Switch is getting significant Namco Bandai support in 2018

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game Freak putting the standard brand of Pokémon game on the Switch with no real advancements is the most boring thing they could possibly do. If there's ever been a time for them to rethink their design philosophy then this is it. A Pokémon game with the confidence and freshness of Odyssey or BoTW is the only thing at this point that would get my attention.

Foxshot

Nov 5, 2017
Namco won't drop XB over any console, it will either appear as a western exclusive or the game simply doesn't exist at this moment.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Game Freak putting the standard brand of Pokémon game on the Switch with no real advancements is the most boring thing they could possibly do. If there's ever been a time for them to rethink their design philosophy then this is it. A Pokémon game with the confidence and freshness of Odyssey or BoTW is the only thing at this point that would get my attention.
But Gen 7 had quite a few advancements.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That would do the opposite of being a selling point. The selling point for mainline Pokemon games is new Pokemon and the new features.

I don't mean drop the features that have been added over the years but bring them into a reinvention, set in the original location perhaps, but kept to the most iconic generation of Pokemon.

I know for me and the few friends who enjoyed it at least that's more appealing. It being new Pokemon each time is the only reason I don't play them anymore. Though the additional features have always been appealing.

You're all correct about this being the wrong route for merchandise and stuff but it's an unusual place to be for an old fan who wants to jump back in is what I'm saying I guess

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Dino Crisis VR ala REVII could be great, it just hit me.
Absolutely terrifying if handled right.