• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
From Nintendo Life:

Rumour: Fortnite Could Be Headed To Switch With Exclusive Features And Content

The rumours are flying in thick and fast at the moment, but this one has certainly grabbed our attention. If the rumblings are to be believed, we could soon see the hugely popular Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, with a reveal expected to be shown at the Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2018 presentation in June.

The news comes from Twitter user @LeakyPandy who, under the name Vandal_Leaks, correctly leaked info surrounding the Nintendo Direct presentation in March. LeakyPandy suggests that Fortnite's Battle Royale mode will come with "no substantial differences" and will support cross-platform play.

Perhaps the most interesting part of this 'leak', however, is the suggestion that Fortnite's co-op story mode 'Save The World' will also be present with some Switch-exclusive features. On other platforms, this mode allows up to four players to team up online, but the Switch version is slated to support local play between four consoles (which will apparently play as a large part of the port's selling point in promotional material).

The leak also says that "exclusive Nintendo IP related content is also being worked on exclusively for Save The World". This wouldn't be too much of a surprise given that games such as Rocket League and Skyrim have done this already, and we can already imagine ourselves running around in little Toad mushroom hats, representing the Switch user base with style.

It's worth noting that LeakyPandy has described this information as "gossip", telling readers to take the information with a pinch of salt in case the rumblings turn out to be false - something that we definitely encourage, too!

Would you like this rumour to be true, though? Would you be up for some Battle Royale on the TV, before playing some of the co-op story mode on the go? Let us know your thoughts below.

If this is true, how big of a get do you think it would be for Nintendo? How do you think it would run? Do you plan to play it if true?

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
Not a super big "get" because it's on every other platform... But I would definitely play it more than I do now.
Hoping it's true. It'd be smart of Epic to be the first Battle Royale on Switch.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
didnt LeakyPandy/Vandal_Leaks get literally everything about the direct wrong outside of the date?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
It is the most popular game currently. It is a massive get assuming it plays well.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
That Vandal_Leaks twitter turned out to have a LOT of stuff wrong, so it's not credible at all?

From our own Switch Rumor Archive:
WRONG: Vandal_leaks claims Fire Emblem: Elegy for the Brave will come in the summer. A CG trailer will be shown in the Direct.
WRONG: Luigi's Mansion Kingdom will be announced, the first of 2 premium DLC packs
WRONG: Ever Oasis Saga (switch) gets announced

Last edited:

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Fortnite with Nintendo skins/hats/themed weapons would surely do well as a portable BR on the platform.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I was not on board with all of the battle royale or Fortnite hype, but if all of this dues come true then I'll buy it for sure. Not only to actually try the game for myself, but to support third party releases.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I can't see why this wouldn't come to the platform in the near future, so it isn't super outlandish as a rumour.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
didnt LeakyPandy/Vandal_Leaks get literally everything about the direct wrong outside of the date?
QEpUQr6.jpg

Yes.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely love pubg on the One X but recently started playing fortnite. It's extremely different but I am starting to like it more and more. If it came to switch I would probably completely give up pubg.

Rushoff

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, saying that Fortnite will come to Switch is really a safe bet.. as safe as you can get tbh.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'd like that. I had tons of fun on PS4 and PC, but I would have even more mates that would play FNBR with me on Switch. And if it even has gyro, then holy shit. I guess if I get the Season 4 Battle Pass on PS4 in a few days it will carry over onto Switch, right? I mean, this should run over the Epic Games account.

Too bad that this leaker seems to be dead wrong on everything

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
What if they locked Fortnite BR behind a purchase of Fortnite Save The World on Switch?

How shitty would that be?

enMTW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course Fortnite is coming to the Switch. The Switch is a less powerful iPhone with active cooling, and an iPhone model of a similar power profile runs Fortnite just fine.

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This person is absolutely not a credible source at all, everything they "leaked" was either incredibly safe or flat-out wrong. Don't waste your time and give them the time of day.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Considering it's on mobile, there doesn't seem to be any reason to not be on Switch.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
They are not bringing the game over to sell copies of Save the World. They want that crazy mtxs money.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unreliable source given the recent streak. Also it's practically guaranteed Epic will bring Fortnite to the Switch, I'm pretty sure they mentioned they want to do it, and with the game recently released to mobiles as well it seems like a no-brainer to come to Switch. Expecting a couple Nintendo-themed cosmetic items isn't exactly outlandish either. Seems like speculation passed off as fact, betting on something that will almost certainly happen anyway to score a point in your cred card.

By the way, Forza Horizon 4 is releasing this year. Major scoop.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Probably have some exclusives skins like PS Plus users get. I doubt it'll have exclusive local play.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Scan Amiibo for exclusive weapons/skins.
Calling it now.

So glad I got the Splatoon 2 Amiibo now :3

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is big. I'd hotspot everywhere to play this.

Wish I could transfer my Xbox progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.