• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I'd get Battle Royale on Switch for sure. Can't say no to portable Fortnite,

At this point, Fortnite on Switch is just a matter of when, not if. Probably an E3 announcement.

Only BR is free to play.
There was no question in my mind it wasn't coming.

I actually expected it for last year. When epic announced how they were shifting gears from their other game to support fortnite I realized how understaffed it was.

This was inevitable.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
QEpUQr6.jpg

Yes.

How does this person still class as somewhat credible? It's all terrible.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Late 2018 release?
Would be the biggest game Switch gets this year.
With Xbox One and Pc crossplay you also have instantly a big player base.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
There are two game modes within Fortnite: Save the World, and Battle Royale. BR is f2p, but STW is currently not.

e: Fortnite BR is currently is my favorite game in rotation right now, would love to see it come to Switch. (Easy wins!)
So, I haven't kept up with Fortnite since playing the closed alphas and betas. But are you telling me Save the World is the original Fortnite mode? Except now it's not F2P?

Or does the original Fortnite not even exist anymore?

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
But Switch already has the best shooter franchise. I continue to believe that if fortnite wasn't free to play nobody would care. It's like a free mobile game. Millions upon millions play it, but that doesn't mean there aren't much better games out there. I guess the big takeaway is that it would be portable.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If this is true kids will go crazy for it. I could see Fortnite moving a lot of Switch consoles.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
But Switch already has the best shooter franchise. I continue to believe that if fortnite wasn't free to play nobody would care. It's like a free mobile game. Millions upon millions play it, but that doesn't mean there aren't much better games out there. I guess the big takeaway is that it would be portable.

what? i don't even play the game but i'm not going to act like it's a mediocre game that's only hot because it's free.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
So, I haven't kept up with Fortnite since playing the closed alphas and betas. But are you telling me Save the World is the original Fortnite mode? Except now it's not F2P?

Save the World is the original Fortnite mode that has never been free to play. Fortnite Battle Royal is the second mode that has always been free to play.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

These opinions. I'll never understand them

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
If this means you can actually play save the world mode offline I would actually check out this game finally.
I don't like online only games at all so if this is indeed the case I'd be very happy!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

It's actually quite a well supported, extremely compelling multiplayer shooter.

Of the MP shooters I own and play: Overwatch, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Destiny 2, PUBG and Fortnite, I've been playing Fortnite almost exclusively for the last few months. It's a great game even if you don't take into account that it's F2P.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Save the World is the original and it has never been F2P. It's always been $40 and up depending on which version you buy (more expensive versions include more loot llamas etc.).

It was supposed to go F2P in 2018, but I'm starting to think it never will at this point. They're probably happy with people buying and spending money in that version to get v-bucks that they can use in BR if they want etc.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
So by the end of the year, we could have :

- Super Smash Bros
- Pokemon
- Diablo III (rumored)
- Fortnite
- GTA V (rumored)

I feel like 2018 will be huge for the Switch!

As a long time nintendo fan I think I've learned my lesson from hoping too much about future content so if we are lucky one of these will come in 2018 at least.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
As a long time nintendo fan I think I've learned my lesson from hoping too much about future content so if we are lucky one of these will come in 2018 at least.

Well Smash is confirmed for 2018 and Nintendo has not yet delayed a single Switch game, so I think it's a safe bet that we'll be lucky.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
It's actually quite a well supported, extremely compelling multiplayer shooter.

Of the MP shooters I own and play: Overwatch, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Destiny 2, PUBG and Fortnite, I've been playing Fortnite almost exclusively for the last few months. It's a great game even if you don't take into account that it's F2P.

Have you not tried Splatoon? just got 3.0 update yesterday and X rank.

dharmapolice

Oct 25, 2017
I am no industry member by any means and have no evidence, but I can tell you Fortnite for Switch will be announced at E3 with a "sudden" release window. I posted this on r/Nintendo a while ago but it was immediately deleted. I don't know about exclusive content however my friend joked about Link, Mario and Princess skins. I suggested a BotW style glider. That seems like simple logic to me though.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I am no industry member by any means and have no evidence, but I can tell you Fortnite for Switch will be announced at E3 with a "sudden" release window. I posted this on r/Nintendo a while ago but it was immediately deleted. I don't know about exclusive content however my friend joked about Link, Mario and Princess skins. I suggested a BotW style glider. That seems like simple logic to me though.

Actually that would be fairly surprising if true, since I assumed they would wait to launch it with the paid online service starting in September. Unless that's what you mean by "sudden".

dharmapolice

Oct 25, 2017
Actually that would be fairly surprising if true, since I assumed they would wait to launch it with the paid online service starting in September. Unless that's what you mean by "sudden".

Sudden isn't my wording, so I can only leave it to interpretation. I honestly don't know, I heard this through a close friend of a close friend to someone in dev. It may be completely boastful BS.. so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sudden isn't my wording, so I can only leave it to interpretation. I honestly don't know, I heard this through a close friend of a close friend to someone in dev. It may be completely boastful BS.. so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I mean, nothing about it is crazy or outlandish to be fair. I 100% expect Fortnite on the Switch at some point this year. Even if I ignored every single one of the rumors about it I would still expect it, it makes way too much sense. And you have devs at Epic essentially teasing that it's coming.

But yeah, timing will be the question. I think September or October makes the most sense but I guess we'll see!

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I can't wait to see Fortnite, Metroid, and smash bros on switch. I hope Fortnite releases same day as announcement

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I kind of thought this was inevitable? If it's on Mobile, and the Switch has a huge install base, I can't see a reality where this isn't eventually on the Switch. It will be a great SKU for Epic.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Based on Epic's comments about getting the environment to run on 60fps on phones but vsyncing to 30fps because of battery, I can see the game being 60fps on Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.