• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I can't wait to see the exciting ways in which WB is gonna make me pay beyond the $60 pricetag.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
This week is going to one for the history books on all fronts of the internet/media XD

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
tenor.gif

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
A Red Hood and the Outlaws game is literally the only thing this could be. The Arkham Knight's renouncing of the AK name and growth into Red Hood perfectly leads into this and by playing as a player created "outlaw" acolyte, this works seamlessly as a GAAS multiplayer Destiny-like.
GOTHAM CITY IMPOSTORS 2 LET'S GO
I would give my left testicle and first born child for a AAA GCI 2.

Last edited:

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Please be real. I know I'd be in the minority here, but I'd be down for a mp focused suicide squad or red hood and the outlaws game!

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'm trying to be as open-minded about this, as possible.

But to say the least, between WB's own shenanigans as a publisher, and largely being wary of most GAAS offerings, I'm gonna need a LOT of convincing to keep this on my personal radar.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It could be Warner Montreal game.

Who knows, Warner loves to announce games on March/April.

Oct 26, 2017
Next Gen has full bc.

Where is the worry exactly?

Pretty sure this game will look like shit graphically (gameplay wise, I'm expecting Rocksteady's game to be pretty bad also but that doesn't have to do with gen stuff) compared to Destiny 3 etc next gen and people will probably drop it by then.

Not sure people actually play these games for 2-3 years though, lol.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
It could be Warner Montreal game.

Who knows, Warner loves to announce games on March/April.

Really hoping that's not the case.

I mean ideally, we'd get two single player Arkham games from both Rocksteady and WB Montral.

However, it seems unlikely from everything about WB recently and the leaks, so I am anxious to see what the WB Montreal team can do with a good budget and time.

Arkham Origins is the best Arkham game, and I hope they are working on another Arkham-set single player game.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess this would be like a crime focused 'The Division'? Maybe they'll link it up dynamically with the Batman game that's supposed to be in development, have players pay for bullets and batarangs, then roll around on the resulting stacks of money.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure this game will look like shit graphically (gameplay wise, I'm expecting Rocksteady's game to be pretty bad also but that doesn't have to do with gen stuff) compared to Destiny 3 etc next gen and people will probably drop it by then.

They could update it for next-gen. Unreal 4 should be easily scalable to next-gen hardware. Games like The Division 2 will definitely continue into next-gen. Don't you think publishers are making their games with next-gen upgrade in mind?

People played The Division 1 for 3 years. People will keep playing as long as the devs are willing to support their game well.

Last edited:

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
If it's a shlooter where you can have a character that doesn't have to use guns at all, count me in. I am sick to death of guns.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Please, please tell me this isn't Rocksteady's "big" game after the Batman series? The LAST thing I wanted from them was more Batman related stuff :(, I wanted Superman or Justice League, something more then Batman Batman Batman.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Leaked via 4chan, according to leaker:

The Wayne Enterprises building can be seen in the background. There is an Epic trademark, most likely because of Unreal Engine 4 being used, but we all know what this means for the PC release.
The game is likely a multiplayer GaaS title outlined in this leak posted a few days ago: https://www.resetera.com/threads/4c...marketing-plans-release-date-and-info.112048/

0AGbVjS.png
Can someone cross check this background image? Just want to be sure.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has Rocksteady let me down yet? Nope.

I'm in.

Oct 25, 2017

Ehhhh, update res resolution. Update the framerate. Extra bells and whistles and it'll be fine.

Jul 13, 2018

I'm sorry, but what exactly are you basing these assumptions on? lmao Arkham Knight still looks amazing to this day and that was on a modified UE 3, while their next title will be running on UE 4. Also, Rocksteady's titles have been praised for their gameplay. My only concern is for the story, but luckily, they do have some very good writers on staff (senior writers who have worked on Mafia 3 & Horizon Zero Dawn).

Before you mention it, yes, I'm aware that they've recently hired a Destiny 2 writer.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry, but what exactly are you basing these assumptions on? lmao Arkham Knight still looks amazing to this day and that was on a modified UE 3, while their next title will be running on UE 4. Also, Rocksteady's titles have been praised for their gameplay. My only concern is for the story, but luckily, they do have some very good writers on staff (senior writers who have worked on Mafia 3 & Horizon Zero Dawn).

Before you mention it, yes, I'm aware that they've recently hired a Destiny 2 writer.

I very much dislike loot games and Rocksteady making a shooter seems a little awkward since they haven't done anything like that in years.

I also expect this game to have almost no content as Rocksteady's staff levels are abysmally low.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
This is totally one of those reveals were they release an one minute trailer and tells us to watch the full gameplay reveal on E3, isn't?

Jul 13, 2018
I wouldn't put too much weight on this whole GaaS/looter shooter rumor. Keep in mind that one of the reasons Jason refuses to report on Rocksteady's game is because he doesn't think it will deviate too far from what they've done in the past (like multiplayer only).

You don't poach a senior writer from Mafia 3 or a Creative Director from Telltale (current Cinematics Director) in order to just stick them on a half baked shared world looter shooter.

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't put too much weight on this whole GaaS/looter shooter rumor. Keep in mind that one of the reasons Jason refuses to report on Rocksteady's game is because he doesn't think it will deviate too far from what they've done in the past (like multiplayer only).

You don't poach a senior writer from Mafia 3 or a Creative Director from Telltale (current Cinematics Director) in order to just stick them on a half baked shared world looter shooter.

Has he actually said this is why he refuses to report on it.

It's... clearly a loot game.

The only issue is whether or not it's a shooter.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

What if it's a fully baked looter shooter though? I'd love a looter game with proper story and cutscenes.

Oct 26, 2017
Destiny 2's cinematics are actually amazing and tons of money is spent on the story.

It's just that the writing staff is completely horrible and couldn't write a good line of dialog to save their lives.

Literally not one joke lands in Destiny 2 and it's frankly incredible.

Jan 3, 2019
Trying to come up with a game description using with three words that'd kill my interest more than "Suicide Squad Shlooter" and drawing a blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.