Votes: 476 15.1%
  • Silent Hills

Votes: 296 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Fortnite is an open world game with 100 players.
The video mentions there were some things Pg wanted to cut back but weren't allowed to

'Fornite' is made by the creators of the engine, so they have a big margin for including custom modifications, optimizations.

And the geometry in the characters of 'Fornite' is not even comparable with your normal PlatinumGames games, or their fucking gigantic bosses.

'Bayonetta 2' is much more advanced from a technical standpoint than 'Fornite', and it's running on 60 FPS instead of 30 FPS on Switch.

Unreal Engine 4 has been a recipe for disaster and delays this generation, regarding third party studios.

A game with the scope of 'Batman: Arkham Knight' is running in a modified version of Unreal Engine 3 and not in Unreal Engine 4 for a reason.

And all the delays of 'Yoshi's: Crafted World' are related with the hellish experience of trying to optimize this to achieve 60 FPS. Compare this with a custom engine like the used on 'Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze': more 3D elements on the scenarios, a resolution almost close to native on portable mode and 60 FPS.

Oct 25, 2017
You call forth a gigantic dragon, yet you transform into a beast yourself
The game is called Scalebound, you're bound to the dragon. Presumably gives you powers but your lives are linked. (He dies your character dies)

Also having different weapons is...like really common? A ton have a long range and a melee attack. Doesn't make them aimless

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
These sure are tweets...

So basically it's 1000% confirmed that Nintendo has bought or licensed the Silent Hill IP, Koei Tecmo is developing, and Kojima (and presumably GDT as well) will be collaborating.

...I can dream, right? lol

Oct 25, 2017
'Fornite' is made by the creators of the engine, so they have a big margin for including custom modifications, optimizations.

And the geometry in the characters of 'Fornite' is not even comparable with your normal PlatinumGames games, or their fucking gigantic bosses.

'Bayonetta 2' is much more advanced from a technical standpoint than 'Fornite', and it's running on 60 FPS instead of 30 FPS on Switch.

Unreal Engine 4 has been a recipe for disaster and delays this generation, regarding third party studios.

A game with the scope of 'Batman: Arkham Knight' is running in a modified version of Unreal Engine 3 and not in Unreal Engine 4 for a reason.

And all the delays of 'Yoshi's: Crafted World' are related with the hellish experience of trying to optimize this to achieve 60 FPS. Compare this with a custom engine like the used on 'Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze': more 3D elements on the scenarios, a resolution almost close to native on portable mode and 60 FPS.
I'm pretty sure you made most of this up

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Scalebound never did it for me. It was just a dude & dragons. Maybe a finished Scalebound could do it for me, but I'm hoping it's something else.

These sure are tweets...

So basically it's 1000% confirmed that Nintendo has bought or licensed the Silent Hill IP, Koei Tecmo is developing, and Kojima (and presumably GDT as well) will be collaborating.

I mean, I'm down, too.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
marvel-vs-capcom_marquee.jpg

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
These sure are tweets...

Hey, at this point, I'd be more than willing to entertain the idea that the reason why KT has been completely silent on the idea of making another Fatal Frame for Switch...was because they were doing something for Silent Hill for Switch, instead.

Viewtiful Joe and DMC fan? You really can't catch a break. Worst part of the direct was no DMC reveal. I don't even care about this games but my immediate thought was "that poor guy posting the gifs".

I don't think DMC HD trilogy (+4?) will even appear on a Direct. If Dragon's Dogma didn't, there's nothing to say they can't just reveal such a compilation release out of the blue.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starfox Gran Prix to be revealed at E3.

Metroid Prime 4 trailer premiering at The Game Awards.

The Nintendo rumors have been so ridiculously far off-base that I can't really trust this one.......especially if it's someone that just decided to chime in after some cryptic podcast commentary.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

The Nintendo rumors have been so ridiculously far off-base that I can't really trust this one.......especially if it's someone that just decided to chime in after some cryptic podcast commentary.

It makes perfect sense. What are you going to believe, a totally outlandish rumour about a game they'd already announced getting a trailer at a major gaming event, or an extremely plausible, believable, well-cited story about Nintendo buying a publicly-cancelled Microsoft exclusive and resurrecting it three years later?

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

No one ever said GP would be at E3. No one actually said MP4 would be at The Game Awards, either. The expectation/rumor was Trilogy paired with an MP4 trailer ala Bayo 1/2 port with Bayo 3 trailer.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Sticking with Chakan: The Forever Man. No one cares, except me. Plus, something about all this stinks like something Sega-related.

Don't ask me why. It's literally tales from my ass. Well, not literally. That would be gross.
Holy shit I haven't thought about that game in forever. That shit was hard af for a grade schooler back in the day.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Oh god i really hope its not Scalebound, but probably knowing Nintendo is in cahoots with Platinum it is.

Please get rid of that awful protagonist at least.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Viewtiful Joe and DMC fan? You really can't catch a break. Worst part of the direct was no DMC reveal. I don't even care about this games but my immediate thought was "that poor guy posting the gifs".

I know DMC HD exists atleast so I got that going for me. The question is...whennnnn

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

It's kind of sad/funny how rumors get so twisted up with fan speculation, this post being a good example. The original rumors for both were:

A. Star Fox GP exists(or existed), may be announced at some point or may already be canned.

B. Metroid Prime Trilogy will be announced at TGA.

Anything else was just speculation from fans on here or elsewhere.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I think Scalebound is most likely but A relevant quesiton to ask. What would cause a Japanese game to get leaked to a US based gaming journalist?
What if this revised cancelled game is actually being developed outside Japan?

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
God, I sooooo hope that this is true and it is Scalebound. I was massively disappointed when it was cancelled and I'd be overjoyed if it were revived. My only reservation is with the online (if it will still exist in this form), since Nintendo's online is absolute trash and potentially not having voice chat/basic online features could be a bummer.

Granted, having it back in any form is more than welcomed.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
Scalebound is too crazy to be true, frankly. I'll have to see it to believe it.

Right now, I'll throw out a guess for Disney Infinity or something along those lines. I'm almost assuredly forgetting some, but there are at least three standout properties you can immediately point to that are great fits and - if done right - can make money on Nintendo hardware: Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel. Nintendo already worked out a deal for Marvel, shocking everyone.

Historically, James Bond might be in that group, but this discussion is about a particular game instead of regaining a (complex) license. Similar story with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, though can only speculate how well their games have done with Nintendo hardware/community.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Kamiya was supposed to be working on Platinum's first self-published title, I'd rather see that than a Scalebound revival. They've got so much on their plate already.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I always thought it should allow a user made protagonist. Was turned off on the one they chose immediately.

Drew as character design (possibly the worst of the entire gen), the cocky nature of every cutscene, the overly loud techno music are the kind of things that makes a game repulsive to me, same reason i can't resonate with DMC.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Major graphics downgrade?

Well, yeah... ish. I doubt Nintendo would go in on this just trying to approximate the graphics of the original just downgraded. It would likely be reworked to be more stylized, both for visual fidelity and perfomance's sake. That said, it doesn't exist, so hey.

I always thought it should allow a user made protagonist. Was turned off on the one they chose immediately.

That fucking protag is so bad that it turned me off from watching anything about this game for a while... then I started watching stuff and I thought there were some cool elements there. Was disappointed to see it cancelled, because I was intrigued to see what Kamiya could pull off in that kind of format. But yeah, the protag was really bad, visually and thematically.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I think Scalebound is most likely but A relevant quesiton to ask. What would cause a Japanese game to get leaked to a US based gaming journalist?
What if this revised cancelled game is actually being developed outside Japan?

There is one single reason on why Nintendo could be interested in reviving this project, and it's its commitment with Hideki Kamiya and a blind faith in his talent.

People should revise again the Iwata Asks dedicated to the development of 'The Wonderful 101', in which Satoru Iwata interviews to Hideki Kamiya.

Until a couple of months before the release, the game was still in a disastrous state with a lot of unfinished parts, and instead of trying to fix the core elements, Kamiya was sleeping in his office and adding even more crazy ideas, contents and mechanics. He was adding new features until two weeks before the game going gold.

Nintendo was so impressed with his passion and with the efforts of the studio pushing the boundaries of a small budget to create an even more ambitious game, that Satoru Iwata decided that there was nothing to worry about.

Because they had and they still have a blind faith in Kamiya delivering his promises.

tryDEATH

Banned
Jun 6, 2018
Bethesda sued over copyrighted code being used, not about WB's Westworld game being a ripoff. (even though they did call it that as well)

It was stylistically and mechanically similar as well, they even provided images of both games to prove that the game was too similar. There aren't many games with dragon riders for it to be a common concept and rule out any "misunderstandings" why it could look and play similar to the game MS paid to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.