Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I would be thrilled if they took the TotK engine and did some weird kind of side adventure centered on Zelda. Again I'll bring up my massive desire for a Zelda themed Alice in Wonderland, but have it be Zelda in the Sacred Realm type trippy adventure.

I don't want some game radically different from the Zelda norm. Give me a 3rd person action adventure with a sword and shield and items to use. I just want a game that stars Zelda as the player character and then builds some additional features/abilities centered around her. Same as they do with Link and giving him certain abilities and features unique to each game.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
It's time!

xHydLYOV8tFOLd5c7f29v0Oy6Wn6K0XT-FQCqsqC90I.jpg

Zelda stealth game with upgradable equipment and multiple paths/approaches to reach an objective.
Now THIS is a throwback lol

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
He's a rumor monger who will pretty much post any info he's given no matter how credible. Having one or two wins is not a win for his overall credibility when he gets so much wrong, and the multiversus and other similar leaks in particular are worthless for this specific conversation because having an insider inside a completely separate company has no baring on his reliability for Nintendo leaks.

All fair points. I brought it up just to highlight that he isn't completely empty-handed anymore, that he has managed to scrounge a couple wins recently. In part because as you say he's desperate to be seen as an insider and will dive at anything that gives him any sense of clout. (Him getting those wins is honestly kinda hilarious in a "aww my baby's growing up 🥹 " kinda way. 😂 )

Still generally worth doubting what he says until he actually gets something close to a consistent track record.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
I'm not still bitter about the time I made a thread about why it's weird we have to ask for this and a bunch of people tried to explain to me how it didn't make sense to the lore and why Zelda didn't need to playable or anything and how I clearly didn't didn't know about the series and was just being selfish for asking. That wasn't weird at all.

www.resetera.com

It's A Little Weird That We're Still Asking for Playable Zelda, Right?

I know people tend to point to Spirit Tracks or one of the Warriors games, but I feel like it's weird that we're still asking for playable Zelda when it comes to the main series. Like really consider the amount of games that have beaten that to the punch regarding reoccurring alternative...

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
I have it on good authority that is was indeed happening, but then it was cancelled because of this leak.

I'm joking of course before someone believes me

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
does tetras trackers mean nothing to you!
…ill believe it when i see it

I have it on good authority that is was indeed happening, but then it was cancelled because of this leak.

damn leakers denied us star fox GP. If only they could keep their mouths shut.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I'm not still bitter about the time I made a thread about why it's weird we have to ask for this and a bunch of people tried to explain to me how it didn't make sense to the lore and why Zelda didn't need to playable or anything and how I clearly didn't didn't know about the series and was just being selfish for asking. That wasn't weird at all.

www.resetera.com

It's A Little Weird That We're Still Asking for Playable Zelda, Right?

I know people tend to point to Spirit Tracks or one of the Warriors games, but I feel like it's weird that we're still asking for playable Zelda when it comes to the main series. Like really consider the amount of games that have beaten that to the punch regarding reoccurring alternative...

Citing lore as if that hasn't changed multiple times over the series lifespan to mean Zelda can never be playable........lmao

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
If we get a game staring Zelda I hope it's a top down classic style Zelda game early in Switch 2's life.

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
I earn my tag squashing everyone dream.
I'm ready to pay for my lack of faith:)

Please yes use TOTK engine for many other games, possibly multiplayer, and yes using the much better character, Zelda:).

Legend of Zeldas

set0k

Oct 28, 2017
A Hyrule Warriors game based on TOTK, set in the past with Zelda… yes please! Considering how well Age of Calamity sold, I can see it happening.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Will it be like that Kingdom Hearts game that had Kairi as the MC only for her to do jackshit?

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020

The lore! Are you not worried what this would do to the lore?!? The wildly changing over decades lore?!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
A Hyrule Warriors game based on TOTK, set in the past with Zelda… yes please! Considering how well Age of Calamity sold, I can see it happening.
Wait... This is it, isn't it? It's totally going to be Hyrule Warriors: Age of Imprisoning. TotK showed all sorts of flashbacks to the ancient past, in which Zelda (warped from the future) helped Rauru and Sonia gather sages and fight Ganon during the Imprisoning War. They could even unmask the ancient sages and make them proper named characters.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait... This is it, isn't it? It's totally going to be Hyrule Warriors: Age of Imprisoning. TotK showed all sorts of flashbacks to the ancient past, in which Zelda (warped from the future) helped Rauru and Sonia gather sages and fight Ganon during the Imprisoning War. They could even unmask the ancient sages and make them proper named characters.
Yeah, it's all but guaranteed. Age of Calmaity was by far the highest selling musou ever, selling more than double the previous record holder, but for some reason no one online seems to remember it exists

Mr.Adele

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
So it will be the Tears of the Kingdom smaller scale spin-off akin to what Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity was to Breath of the Wild

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly was shocked when they said there'd be no DLC to Tears of the Kingdom, because it felt like they were super setting up:
having DLC where you're playing as Zelda in the past.

I could see them turning that into a standalone title to be honest.

I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, it's all but guaranteed. Age of Calmaity was by far the highest selling musou ever, selling more than double the previous record holder, but for some reason no one online seems to remember it exists

I got so bored of it like after half an hour... which is weird because I played the first Hyrule Warriors to death. D:

I honestly was shocked when they said there'd be no DLC to Tears of the Kingdom, because it felt like they were super setting up:
having DLC where you're playing as Zelda in the past.

I could see them turning that into a standalone title to be honest.

I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

I'd sacrifice a chicken and have its kin chase me for that to happen