mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I'm not still bitter about the time I made a thread about why it's weird we have to ask for this and a bunch of people tried to explain to me how it didn't make sense to the lore and why Zelda didn't need to playable or anything and how I clearly didn't didn't know about the series and was just being selfish for asking. That wasn't weird at all.

www.resetera.com

It's A Little Weird That We're Still Asking for Playable Zelda, Right?

I know people tend to point to Spirit Tracks or one of the Warriors games, but I feel like it's weird that we're still asking for playable Zelda when it comes to the main series. Like really consider the amount of games that have beaten that to the punch regarding reoccurring alternative...
You were right then and you're still right now.
Even the latest Mario sidescroller have given the choice of playing as Peach and even Daisy!
Like how the hell are they so late at this for Zelda.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I will go against the thread and hope this is a totally new concept, having just normal zelda but with Zelda with a lead isnt interesting at all

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Would it be like a mini vesion of botw/totk some story that takes place after. or would it be a completely seperate gameplay style
would it feature a past zelda if the gameplay is not derived from botw?

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Why is anybody taking this seriously? This guy has only seemingly ever gotten one thing right, which could've been complete guesswork.

Did everyone forget Jon Cartwright's WaddleDeeKnows lesson?

He's also not even saying he's heard anything, only that he wants it and thinks it's due.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I will go against the thread and hope this is a totally new concept, having just normal zelda but with Zelda with a lead isnt interesting at all
👆👆👆

This always gets glossed over in these discussions. I view it as a disservice to make her a link skin swap, but that seems to be what people want

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Papagenos, lmao, boy we are desperate for info of any kind, next we know we are making threads with rumors from that guy that had a Megaman avatar, forgot his name already.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
Would it be like a mini vesion of botw/totk some story that takes place after. or would it be a completely seperate gameplay style
would it feature a past zelda if the gameplay is not derived from botw?
If it's the former, I'd expect it to be a Switch 2 launch title in the vain of Miles Morales (but I don't think they're hinting it's that, more just hinting as the potential for it with BotW/TotK design and story).
I would expect this to be it's own thing in whatever style that would drop whenever.

Personally, I'd like a 2D game, but that's just for Zelda in general, not specifically a Zelda lead game.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's like an actual Zelda style game and not some spin-off title in another genre.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
It won't feature the same gameplay as a Zelda game most likely. Maybe some elements, but Nintendo will want to make it its own thing somehow.

I wonder what type of game it will be.

MyDudeMango

Jul 17, 2021
Canada
Really says something that the one time we got total non-nintendo entries (CDI) they immediately took the obvious step of actually having zelda be a damn protagonist in a game - and not just one game but two out of the three games. Funny but sad that it's taken nintendo themselves like, what, 30 years to even start possibly doing it? Dire stuff.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Capcom is no barrier. They don't own a single thing of the Oracle games or Minish Cap.

Oh really? Awesome lol

I said that because last time I brought up wanting Din/Nayru in Hyrule Warriors in a previous Definitive vs Age of Calamity thread, another user said Capcom kept them from being added

Apr 5, 2022
Papagenos, lmao, boy we are desperate for info of any kind, next we know we are making threads with rumors from that guy that had a Megaman avatar, forgot his name already.

Zippo was that chaps name, and Papagenos (sounds like a Pizza place) isn't like that guy. Zippo was a koopa wearing that Mega Man avatar as he had "fake leaks" among other things.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
My dream for this long rumored/wished for game has been for a much more action focused game than the mainline titles

Basically like Sekiro but with Zelda instead. So still action adventure but much more focused on combat and enemy encounters

I'm writing this post to basically try to manifest it

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
My dream for this long rumored/wished for game has been for a much more action focused game than the mainline titles

Basically like Sekiro but with Zelda instead. So still action adventure but much more focused on combat and enemy encounters

I'm writing this post to basically try to manifest it

Zeldiro would be something else

vio55555

Apr 11, 2024
Pyoro is the only leaker who's proven 100% legit time after time.

That being said, a Zelda game featuring her as the main player does feel inevitable in the way that a new Peach title felt inevitable as the characters other than Mario have seen their popularity grown alongside Mario; it also helps that Luigi's Mansion 3 has become a phenomenal seller and proved that Mario side-characters can star in potential evergreens.

Heck we're at the point where a Luigi's Mansion movie would be a realistic endeavor.

Zelda's popularity has grown alongside Link's to the point where fans likely wouldn't mind buying up 1-2 million copies of a simpler Princess Zelda game.

This does feel like a Monkey's Paw situation though because you're not getting a BotW or TotK game, you're obviously getting a Peach-like game.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
There was a moment when playing TOTK where I though "Oh shit they're gonna do a dual worlds things where I can swap between Zelda in the past and Link in the present, aren't they?" and then they didn't.

Which is to say, hey, people love trilogies. Reuse assets from BOTW/TOTK, find a bunch of gimmicks to make Zelda feel truly unique, and just do the Zelda part of what I thought they were doing.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
still bizarre to me how Nintendo experimenting with smaller or more unorthodox spin-offs is somehow a "monkey's paw" to a bunch of people of this thread.

Like, a peach showtime-like should be a good thing? Haven't we all been saying more AA or whatever? Wanting smaller titles in between big Zelda games that take 6 years to pump out?

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Pyoro is the only leaker who's proven 100% legit time after time.

That being said, a Zelda game featuring her as the main player does feel inevitable in the way that a new Peach title felt inevitable as the characters other than Mario have seen their popularity grown alongside Mario; it also helps that Luigi's Mansion 3 has become a phenomenal seller and proved that Mario side-characters can star in potential evergreens.

Heck we're at the point where a Luigi's Mansion movie would be a realistic endeavor.

Zelda's popularity has grown alongside Link's to the point where fans likely wouldn't mind buying up 1-2 million copies of a simpler Princess Zelda game.

This does feel like a Monkey's Paw situation though because you're not getting a BotW or TotK game, you're obviously getting a Peach-like game.
I don't think a game starring Zelda as the main playable character automatically means it would be as mechanically simplistic and low difficulty as Princess Peach Show Time. Princess Peach Show Time is aimed at children and is even more simple and forgiving than your standard Kirby game.

I think a Zelda game appeals to the same audience that can master the complexity of a traditional Zelda game. I don't think a game starring playable Zelda would be on the scale of TOTK, but it wouldn't have to be squarely aimed at children either. A Zelda game could be any manner of 3d action adventure game.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
I don't think a game starring Zelda as the main playable character automatically means it would be as mechanically simplistic and low difficulty as Princess Peach Show Time. Princess Peach Show Time is aimed at children and is even more simple and forgiving than your standard Kirby game.

I think a Zelda game appeals to the same audience that can master the complexity of a traditional Zelda game. I don't think a game starring playable Zelda would be on the scale of TOTK, but it wouldn't have to be squarely aimed at children either. A Zelda game could be any manner of 3d action adventure game.
Sure, but a year ago would any of use have said this about a Peach game? Because people make the exact same arguments about Mario and Kirby and then say the post game stuff is geared more toward "core" players.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One last Switch game capping on an official Zelda-driven game starring BotW Zelda would be perfect.