• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

would you rather sony be at E3 or holding their own PSX?

• E3

Votes: 1,060 45.4%
  • PSX

Votes: 1,274 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
A massive blow to E3, I have a feeling that we'll hear a couple of AAA publishers will do the same in the coming months leading up to E3.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
Why? Doesn't it make more sense to make your own event further from E3 to have more media coverage. When it comes to games it is always a problem to have release dates so close to each other.

It would be better for them to have their event closer to their launch then following E3 dates.
i think more people would be watching e3 to me but that's just me

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
E3 isn't what it used to be (or at least my perceptions of it have radically changed in the last 15 odd years) but I'd still miss it if it ever died completely.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
i think more people would be watching e3 to me but that's just me
e3 is always exciting times. No matter what anyone says. E3 viewership has been incredibly high. Gaming forums always go down at least once during e3. Thousands of thread are created from it. Engagement is really high. People take days off, have watch parties, even create thread on what foods they will order. Nothing is like e3. Not even games com or tokyo game show, paris games show. E3 is the standard to follow.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know what "Half Empty" meant?
The numbers indicate a drop off of less that 4k. Last year.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
My bet is PS5 reveal on the 21st. Of February, the original launch date for the last of us 2.. reveal of ps5 is the reason for the delay of the last of us part deux..

And then a psx type show a little later..like may or June.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
That last PSX was so bad, I don't want to listen to music lol.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I only watched for the Sony conference anyway, so I'll just check that out wherever it's streamed.

DidactBRHU3

Oct 17, 2019
Fortaleza - Ceará

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
e3 is always exciting times. No matter what anyone says. E3 viewership has been incredibly high. Gaming forums always go down at least once during e3. Thousands of thread are created from it. Engagement is really high. People take days off, have watch parties, even create thread on what foods they will order. Nothing is like e3. Not even games com or tokyo game show, paris games show. E3 is the standard to follow.

Whispers; Because it's American...

WHO SAID THAT!

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If it means we hear and see everything earlier in the year at Sony's event vs a little tease at Sony's event, then the full reveal at E3, I'm fine with everything being splurged at Sony's event and them skipping E3.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Oh it didn't? DMCV being announced on the Microsoft stage wasn't hyped? New From game getting announced wasn't hyped?

Miss me with that cricket nonsense.
DMCV was 2018. Last year's Microsoft E3 was a busy. 2018 was great though so Microsoft's conference lives or dies on what third parties have to give to them.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017

I'm assuming hes getting mixed up with Sony's last E3, which... yeah, not really great pacing in that one even if I liked some of the reveals like RE2.

Anyways, a part of me is bummed out about this because I really liked the insanity of all the console manufactors showing off their wares within the span of a few days. There's a lot to talk about, especially when we got new consoles launching, and its sorta amazing how E3 has often been a pretty good predictor for infamous video game disasters (such as 599 US DOLLARS for the PS3, the Nintendo Land fireworks for the Wii U, the used games burn at the PS4 conference, etc)

That being said... the whole ESA dox fuck up last year does make me seriously question if E3 in its current form is worth it at the moment, and I wouldnt be surprised if console manufactuors start to prefer to have their own conferences so the oxygen in the room isn't divided between them.

Still, I got a lot of nostalgia for E3, for all its ups and downs. I guess this could be the begining of the end of an era here.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EOLHUBjUcAAGKXk

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
I mean if they do PSX, put some Fucking money behind it. Make it worthy of my time. And beef up the state of plays. Don't copy Nintendo wholeheartedly but lose the personality.
I think the biggest issue with the State of Plays so far is that we have already known a lot of information about what the big games being shown are about. If/Once they move on to newer releases i.e. next gen games, i think they will be received better.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
I just really don't want no audience or an audience composed of obvious fans or people paid to cheer. I really don't like the xbox events when they have a 'mtv' style crowd of fans that scream and cheer anything they announce. I need that genuine journalist reaction crowd that really hypes these things.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
My bet is PS5 reveal on the 21st. Of February, the original launch date for the last of us 2.. reveal of ps5 is the reason for the delay of the last of us part deux..

Yeah, there was supposedly information that the reveal was to happen the week of TLOU2's original release date. I think that was only part of the reason for the delay though.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they will announce their plans for future events and not just that they are skipping E3. We need good news.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I honestly don't blame them. They want the focus to be on their products and nothing else. It's definitely a good business move for introducing a new product. They make their own rules and focus on what they want to focus on at a pace that suitable for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.