• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This comes from a source that was involved with the production of the EVENT OF EVERYONE'S LIFETIME : SPACE JAM 2

-The big thing is, this is not just a Looney Tunes/Basketball adventure like 1. This is a Warner Bros/Basketball adventure. They said that the movie is about a really deep dive into WB's properties as a whole. Lebron gets "sucked into the WB database"

-In this regard, they mentioned things ranging from Xena Warrior Princess, Harry Potter, and even Danny Devito's Penguin. "You don't realize how much stuff WB has until you see this". Some sort of big showdown between old and new WB properties.

-Said there is "some" Looney Tunes stuff, but didn't make it seem as though they were the major focal point. This would make sense with WB saying the movie will use 2D animation. If there's not a ton of it, 2D animation is much more feasible. Said the "big aliens", which I assume are the Monstars, are still involved in some way. SEE UPDATE BELOW REGARDING THIS POINT

-As far as other players being involved, only got that Stephen Curry "came by". I assumed that means he's involved in the film, but I guess it's possible he could've just been visiting the set.

That's about all I think. Of course take this with a grain of salt, but imo this is a pretty reliable source. Believe it or not, but I'm betting most my chips on it.

UPDATE 1 : UPDATE ON THE LOONEY TUNES SITUATION
I worked on this production in some sort of way... obviously don't want to get too specific...but most of the OP stuff is accurate.

the only thing I disagree with is the Loony Toon worry, there is plenty of Loony Toons in this movie. There is a reason the movie wrapped last year but isn't coming out till 2021
Added to the OP after asking the poster for the OK. After further discussion with them, our information is matching up, so things are looking better for Bugs and crew than implied by my source (which makes me very happy).

UPDATE 2 : Some sort of demo reel that seems to further confirm this info

Apologies if this info is already out there, or if this thread is in poor taste somehow. I don't have any links or anything because this was direct shit. I wouldn't post this if I wasn't confident in the source. I wanted to share it because I feel like the info for this movie has been so few and far in between for so long that I wanted to get out the info I had, and it's pretty significant stuff. I know I for one wasn't expecting this.

Last edited:

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It expanding farther than just Looney Tunes does make this movie seem a lot less interesting. As great as Lego Batman was, the parts where it became a WB crossover were easily the weakest parts and the movie would be better without them.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Can't wait for the final basketball game to just be that last battle sequence in Ready Player One, but longer, more incoherent, and with slightly more basketball.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
So Wreck-It Ralph but with LeBron and WB.

Wait, do they not know that Klay is in the movie? We got onset pictures a few months back after he hurt his ACL.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Idk, this makes me somewhat interested now. Having basically just a rehash plot of toons vs monstars except with lebron and maybe steph would be lame. Going all out with WB characters could be awesome.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Imagine a LOTR-style battle with two armies of WB characters charging at each other but they are playing basketball

Including all of WB is one way to differentiate it from its predecessor. Also probably gives WB a bit more of a safety net since I'm not sure if Looney Tunes is still a big IP that can be a box office draw.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't they already do this in another live action Looney Tunes movie? Had Brendan Fraser in it, I remember them encountering batman and other WB characters. I remember it being preeeetty bad though.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a LOTR-style battle with two armies of WB characters charging at each other but they are playing basketball

Including all of WB is one way to differentiate it from its predecessor. Also probably gives WB a bit more of a safety net since I'm not sure if Looney Tunes is still a big IP that can be a box office draw.
They should go all out and have all the WB villains with the monstars. Basically kind of like that part in imagination land in south park.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they already do this in another live action Looney Tunes movie? Had Brendan Fraser in it, I remember them encountering batman and other WB characters. I remember it being preeeetty bad though.
Back in actuon only had a few cameos, but was still basically just looney tunes, mostly bugs and daffy.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LeBron James as an actor, might be the ultimate cringe. On SNL he was horrible

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't have much interest without the Looney Tunes as the focus, but it's also not as big as it was pre-2000. I guess it makes more sense for WB to use all their biggest franchises together like The Lego Movie.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After Looney Tunes Back In Action I figured WB would be too scared to bank on just the cartoon characters alone. I am looking forward to seeing Frodo Baggins do a slam dunk.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
My interest is peaked. The thought of a Looney Toons movie wasn't doing it for me, but LeBron throwing an alley oop to Bilbo Baggins to posterize Dany Devito...well count me in.

Deleted member 1722

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like a very reasonable way to handle it. I think that could be great. Especially if theres like TAS Batman and Val Kilmer Batman or something stupid like that. I mean........ could Morpheus give him a peptalk before the big game?

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space jam 2 with less focus on the looney tunes just isn't space jam

it won't top the first which is a masterpiece.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
this is the right way to go with it. a straight looney toons thing wouldn't work as well as the 1st one

and space jam is terrible but idgaf i love all 80 mins of it lol

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Even if it ends up being bullshit, this rumor was worth it to see people act like the original Space Jam wasn't a completely creatively bankrupt product. Seriously, it was based on a Nike commercial - and part of a plan by the NBA to freshen up MJ's image around the whole baseball thing.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Isn't the license surrounding Friday the 13th an absolute mess right now?

Yes. All because one man, Sean Cunningham, refuses to accept reality (Victor Miller owns the original movie script) and compromise. If the appeal court case rules against him as the original did he might try to have the Supreme Court rule on the case. Though I'm hoping he comes to his senses. I just want Jason in DBD.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Looney Tunes had such a fall of grace that they are getting pushed away from their own movie