• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
As long as they don't Mr X Nemesis I can't wait. Dude got really annoying after multiple play throughs.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it stays clear from Cyberpunk. If it's anywhere near as polished as RE2R, I'm down

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So excited. Played RE3 for the first time this year and it was great. Hope we see next gen versions though. Having it as a launch title would be incredible.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
And the least surprising leak of 2019 goes to Capcom. Let´s see if Project Resistance is connected to REmake 3, as some of the Era members in the know have suggested.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I was going to say something like this myself but held back, but yeah. RE3 has had more time in the oven than REmake 2 actually has, as of this moment REmake 3 has been in development for about 2 and a half years (3 and a half if you count the planning stage) and unlike REmake 2 there wasn't any big hold-ups with direction or scrapping big parts of it and redoing it in the middle of it.
This is setting off alarms. To me this screams that they're are willing to experiment with this game more than they did with remake 2, and that they don't necessarily care about retaining the true essence of RE3.

Hope I'm reading this the wrong way.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Nice to see Dusk's post!! I'm excited to see how the game will be, just crossing fingers for Julia's Voth and Patricia Ja Lee returning.

There was a Rumor that the game is being outsourced, but no one knows who. Unless that changed.
Wasn't that supposed to be Project resistance? That it started as part of REmake 3 but then evolved and it is what we have seen. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Excitement level is now turned to 100 after the confirmations. Has to be an announcement at TGA. Couldn't get a bigger platform until E3

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
i hope they do her design justice

dd05de4-aecce518-9aaf-4166-9b00-b22805cfd795.png

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Putting that engine to woooooork. Who can blame them? It was a no-brainer.
I'm so happy, I can't wait to cruise Raccoon City(again) in a mini-skirt.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This is my favorite Resident Evil and I can't wait to get back into it. It really deserves more attention and I love the fact that Capcom seems to be all in on this.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Already getting anxious over being chased by nemesis, RE3 stressed me out so much back in the day. Great game though, thrilled if this rumor turns out true.

Oct 25, 2017
REmake 3 is happening but I can't say I want REmake 3 next year because surely it can't be the RE2 team that made it? Which basically kills any hype.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
RE 3 was always kind of whatever to me, but I hope they will nail Nemesis.
Make him a constant threat.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please god yes. So much of the Mr.X stuff in REmake 2 felt like they were testing the waters and experimenting for Nemesis.

My body is ready.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo mods, if you update the title with new information then either add that information to the op itself or add a thread mark, bloody annoying having to scroll to find it. Happens far too often on here.

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
Resident evil 3 IMO was the best of the classic RE games. Very excited for RE3 Remake.

Oct 28, 2017
REmake 3 is happening but I can't say I want REmake 3 next year because surely it can't be the RE2 team that made it? Which basically kills any hype.
The REmake 2 team didn't exactly nail RE2 anyway. As a remake it was fairly disappointing. I liken it more to Tomb Raider Anniversary than REmake. I would hope RE3 Remake is done more justice to the original, whoever makes it.

Liha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Salzburg, Austria
The most obvious remake of all time after the success of RE2. I just hope that the game isn't rushed. I expect a reveal at the Xbox4 or PS5 event.

jerk

Nov 6, 2017
any chance it or any game ever on the future will go back to classic RE fixed camera? bummed with how RE2 ditched it

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I went back in the timeline and saw the usual Julia Voth nonsense. She is now 34, Jill would need to be 24. So how about no? I checked Jill´s wiki if Voth modeled her in RE5, which she did but it´s impossible to tell. It was also the last of only 2 times, not counting random skins. She also never voiced her but REmake 2 used sperate face models and VAs which I will never understand. There are even sources on upskirt shots in her wiki and the conclusion that RE5´s version of Jill negatively impacted the series despite it being Capcom´s 2nd biggest game ever (if you count SF 2´s versions as separate games). I always forget how creepy RE fans can get...

CVX Remake: Yes (but unlikely). Especially if all the Nazi stuff gets pit back in. Zero Remake: Who cares. RE4 Remake: No. It holds up way too much for a remake.

Edit: Voth was also the face in UC. Hups. I wouldn't be surprised if even Capcom forgot the game. Dat original story, dear lord.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I want Nemesis to pick up two tyrants and smash their heads together.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please give Jill a more appropriate character design this time around.

The benefit of doing this backtoback with RE2 is that a lot of the assets are there. Hopefully we can get a bigger game then RE2.

RE2 assets were like 2% of RE3.

For RE3 they still have to completely redesign & model Downtown Raccoon city, Uptown Raccoon City (with the indoors), City Hall, Cable Car Station, Hospital, Clock Tower, Abandoned Factory, among other areas from scratch.

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
If this is indeed true then I could see a reveal/announcement at TGA. E3 would probably be a bit late for a full reveal. I can't wait to see what Nemesis and Jill look like in the RE Engine.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Great news. I played RE3 for the first time earlier this year and thought it was a short, but sweet experience.

In the modern era, I do think they'll need to add a bit more to it to justify the price tag. Either a more expanded scenario for Jill or a whole new campaign for a new character. Perhaps even a bit more for Carlos. Regardless, RE2R is fantastic, so I expect this to also be solid.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
They amp up nemesis and not only follows you everywhere in the game, but he follows you into other Capcom games

Imagine a rocket murdering you in the middle of a Street Fighter match

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I love how RE3 threads always expose people that have never played the game.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I went back in the timeline and saw the usual Julia Voth nonsense. She is now 34, Jill would need to be 24. So how about no? I checked Jill´s wiki if Voth modeled her in RE5, which she did but it´s impossible to tell. It was also the last of only 2 times, not counting random skins. She also never voiced her but REmake 2 used sperate face models and VAs which I will never understand. There are even sources on upskirt shots in her wiki and the conclusion that RE5´s version of Jill negatively impacted the series despite it being Capcom´s 2nd biggest game ever (if you count SF 2´s versions as separate games). I always forget how creepy RE fans can get...

CVX Remake: Yes (but unlikely). Especially if all the Nazi stuff gets pit back in. Zero Remake: Who cares. RE4 Remake: No. It holds up way too much for a remake.

Edit: Voth was also the face in UC. Hups. I wouldn't be surprised if even Capcom forgot the game. Dat original story, dear lord.

Julia Voth was a teenager when Capcom used her likeness for a much older Jill in REmake (compared to Voth being a teen at the time).

Also your argument is silly because Kojima just used a 70 year old Lindsay Wagner in Death Stranding. There's also these things called de-aging and artistic license. And you act like Julia Voth is old at 34, when you're basing her looks when she was like 14-16 years old or whatever.