• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Probably PS4/Steam if its true.
Could also see a Xbox version *based-visiting-Spencer*
Most likely Switch too, Tales of game is confirmed for switch.

Dont hold your breath for xbox tho, many japanese developers where burned by microsoft in the past and i really dont see that change overnight. Especially with the god awful xb1 sales in japan.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
There's a demand for this ? Glad for those who wanna play.

I don't remember anything besides the MC name and the debt mechanic. The series needs a big shakeup imo
We're probably going to be getting a decent move forward for the series, now that Baba is gone and they're taking their time in announcing the new title. Berseria was really promising in that it was full of minigames and side-content again, which had been really lacking in recent releases.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, I never got around to finishing the first Xillia despite getting towards the end, so having both on PS4 (or probably PC) would be nice.

On the other hand, if I have to hear "Mutton, fresh mutton" again in my lifetime, I might lose my shit.

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I had no idea Xillia 2 was hated so much.

Has some of the best characters and moments in the series for me.

Loved the battle system too, even if Rutger was a bit OP.

Also that OST, god daaaamn!

EDIT: ...and yeah it'll likely be both games if it happens.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? But why? I didn't dislike it, but it was a pretty standard Tales game.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Most likely Switch too, Tales of game is confirmed for switch.

Dont hold your breath for xbox tho, many japanese developers where burned by microsoft in the past and i really dont see that change overnight. Especially with the god awful xb1 sales in japan.

Thats what i would have said last year...but Bamco has been quite the supporter for the Xbox lately with Anime Souls and co.

Switch might happen as well - true. But PS4/Steam are a given.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'll replay 1 if this is a bundle and comes to Steam.

I unironically like Jude as a protag, him just punching at Gaius' sword in the OP was hype as hell and then
he tanks meteors from fake god and punches him out for his waifu
, what a guy.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I feel Xillia 2 gets a lot of hate for some reason, probably because of the reused areas that people already hated in Xillia. X2 has one of the best action rpg combat systems in the series and in the genre and a wonderful cast. It has annoyances to be sure but it's still a great entry to the series.

That said, it would make 0 sense to release it alone. An Xillia collection makes sense though.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea Xillia 2 was hated so much.

Has some of the best characters and moments in the series for me.

Loved the battle system too, even if Rutger was a bit OP.

Also that OST, god daaaamn!

EDIT: ...and yeah it'll likely be both games if it happens.

Xillia 1 is already heavily recycled with tons of copypaste going on , Xillia 2 basically recycle Xillia 1. Recycling the recycle. FFS.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Yea I dont understand why they holding Vesperia hostage lol
Look at the date on the initial tweet. 2015. They weren't going to begin localising a 6 year old PS3 game that late into the current gen. Why they didn't localise the game back when the PS3 was still relevant, I don't know, but I guess they weren't taking requests from the community back then. Why they don't port Vesperia to the current gen and localise that version, I have no fucking idea. Would certainly make more financial sense than Xillia.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
Thats what i would have said last year...but Bamco has been quite the supporter for the Xbox lately with Anime Souls and co.

Switch might happen as well - true. But PS4/Steam are a given.
Idk if there's much difference there, Dark Souls was already on Xbox so their attempt on a internal Dark Souls like being there is no surprise
Xenoverse was on Xbox too so no surprise there for Fighterz
I think the only recent change in that was the SAO shooter coming to Xbox?
God Eater 3 is PS4/PC only for one

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like these games more than most fans, but this feels like they're doing it just because they're easy to port. Same engine as Zestiria and Berseria. At least playing as Ludger in X2 is super fun. Still feel Vesperia would work better considering it's the 10th anniversary.

I would prefer Graces over this. Hell, I think even Zestiria.

1. Let's not get crazy here.
2. It's already on PS4.

Oct 30, 2017
Look at the date on the initial tweet. 2015. They weren't going to begin localising a 6 year old PS3 game that late into the current gen. Why they didn't localise the game back when the PS3 was still relevant, I don't know, but I guess they weren't taking requests from the community back then. Why they don't port Vesperia to the current gen and localise that version, I have no fucking idea. Would certainly make more financial sense than Xillia.

IM convinced Bamco just wants everyone to forget Vesperia....I'm probably wrong but that's what it feels like.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I mean I've played like one Tales game and it was Xillia and I hated it. I always wanted to play Graces, maybe port that one, I hear it's one of the good ones.

Jucksalbe

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's with people's obsession with Vesperia? If you're gonna wish for a remaster, at least make it one that isn't already in English.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can't ever keep up with which Tales games are good or not. I know Vesperia is pretty much universally loved but other than that and maybe Phantasia/Destiny, the mood seems to change from year to year. I thought Graces was the one everyone hated and Xilia was one most people liked. I played 1 and 2, liked 1 more but didn't think 2 was terrible.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
.....but why?

This seems like a mistake. Or, it will be both remastered on one disc. Otherwise, what's the point of doing the second one only?

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I can't ever keep up with which Tales games are good or not. I know Vesperia is pretty much universally loved but other than that and maybe Phantasia/Destiny, the mood seems to change from year to year. I thought Graces was the one everyone hated and Xilia was one most people liked. I played 1 and 2, liked 1 more but didn't think 2 was terrible.

Everyone thinks Graces has average story and cast and FANTASTIC combat system.

Everyone thinks Xillia has average everything.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I feel as if Vesperia is being looked at with rose-tinted goggles, or platform envy because it never had a US PS release. Jaded male teenage (wasn't he?) antihero meets convoluted JRPG plot, with a truly one-note and boring villain and endless dialog and exposition are only a few of that game's faults. I loved it at the time, but it's hardly the top of its genre in retrospect.
Except MC wasn't particularly jaded, he wasn't an anti-hero (Berseria got the edginess covered) and I think he was in his 20s. Graphics/towns looked good, companions/sketches were fun and story was one of the best in the series (not saying much here mind you :P).

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
English fanbase seems to hate the Graces cast. The combat and systems in that game are pretty awesome though (and I like most of the cast too, especially legitimate-best-Tales-character Malik).

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
What's with people's obsession with Vesperia? If you're gonna wish for a remaster, at least make it one that isn't already in English.
Probably because the PS3 JP version got a ton of neat additional content that the west never got. It's like a Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix tier level of improvement over it's base release as far as content goes.

Edit: The fan translation is ace, tho

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Port symphonia and I'm one game away from not needing my PS3.

... Before I remember that I have to keep it for PS1 classics.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck asked for this? What the all of 10 people who liked that game?

If you gonna bring one of the PS3 Tales make it Graces F. Least the combat was ace in that one.