• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
The original reddit leaker for Multiversus has returned and have posted two lists of characters coming to the game. As always, take all of this with a grain of salt!

The first list are characters who have had substantial work done and are close to completion, backed up by a ton of datamined information from the previous few Closed Alpha's. This list includes:
Joker - DC
Raven - DC
Gizmo - Gremlins
Marvin the Martian - Looney Tunes
Lebron James - NBA
Rick - Rick and Morty
Morty - Rick and Morty
Scooby-Doo - Scooby-Doo
Daenerys - Game of Thrones
The Hound - Game of Thrones
Wicked Witch - The Wizard of Oz
Godzilla - Godzilla

The second list is of characters the leaker claims are also likely coming to the game:
Samurai Jack - Samurai Jack
The Powerpuff Girls - Powerpuff Girls (all one Fighter)
The Animaniacs - The Animaniacs (also all one fighter as far as I'm aware)
Duck Dodgers/Daffy - Looney Tunes
Scorpion - Mortal Kombat
Ben 10 - Ben 10
Ted Lasso - Ted Lasso

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Put Larry David in there. His ultimate attack is Death by secondhand embarassment.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Good to know that whatever legal issues are supposedly holding back Harry Potter still persist. Fuck that franchise.

Also, Static & Craig are probably further off going by this, which is unfortunate. Those are two of the characters I'm looking forward to the most.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
yiWiXbz.gif

OP
OP
jman0625

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Good to know that whatever legal issues are supposedly holding back Harry Potter still persist. Fuck that franchise.

Also, Static & Craig are probably further off going by this, which is unfortunate. Those are two of the characters I'm looking forward to the most.
Yeah, Static is referenced directly by name by Garnet in datamined VO so maybe they're hoping to line his release with either a new Milestone book or that potential movie they have planned. He's one of my most wanted characters too!

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I have not watched Ted Lasso, but am a decent Sudekis fan, this honestly makes me interested in watching the series for such a pick.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I do find it hilarious how much the devs of Multiversus do not give a fuck about leaking their whole roster early.

Like, the Smash team at Bamco probably had hours and hours of procedures in place to prevent accidental data leftovers during development/updates, and the Multiversus devs are just like "fuck it, who cares".

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I can't imagine what Ted Lasso moveset would be. Giving free biscuits? And Lebron instead of Jordan?

yencid

Oct 27, 2017
Dont know if it was posted but he mentions that gandalf has been done for a while. I wonder if theyre going to drop fighters in teams or 1 by one cus if its one by one they have a looooott of content for the future.

he should become the new toasty, oopsie guy
I would think jordan is way more expensive, and would he be down to do voice work as well? since every character is voiced.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
19 additions, 5 of them women (one of them being a unit). Or discounting the leaker claims, 12 additions, 3 of them women. Quarter rule for female representation holds true.

Edit: Oh, the Warner siblings are in as a unit. Still, barely moves the dot (no pun intended).

Yeah, Static is referenced directly by name by Garnet in datamined VO so maybe they're hoping to line his release with either a new Milestone book or that potential movie they have planned. He's one of my most wanted characters too!

The movie is years away. Hopefully they don't wait that long.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that Ted Lasso should absolutely be the voice of tutorials.

I have not watched Ted Lasso, but am a decent Sudekis fan, this honestly makes me interested in watching the series for such a pick.
I care not at all about football (soccer), but I absolutely love and recommend this series.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I do find it hilarious how much the devs of Multiversus do not give a fuck about leaking their whole roster early.

Like, the Smash team at Bamco probably had hours and hours of procedures in place to prevent accidental data leftovers during development/updates, and the Multiversus devs are just like "fuck it, who cares".
It gets people talking about the game, and keep talking about it. Which is absolutely crucial for games like this, that Nickelodeon fighter is basically dead even if it's getting DLC.

Smash can afford to coast on speculation, literally keep people in anticipation for months with a simple "characters are coming", Multiversus doesn't have that luxury.

Also Ted Lasso is the games Wii Fit Trainer and I love it

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Raven and Wicked Witch are the two I'm most excited to see. Hell, add more mages and witches like Gandalf, instead of literally anything from Harry Potter. Keep that shit in legal limbo forever please.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Animaniacs are co-owned with NBC Universal, if they pull this off should be possible for more co-owned or even non WB IP's to come.

yencid

Oct 27, 2017
As far as i know the devs are actually not excited for leaks/dont care for the leaks, they dont let them be discussed on the discord, they where forced to reveal velma early because she was leaked from the alpha test and they had to mention that not every leak out there is real. I know tony for sure doesnt like them based on the interview hes done with the FGC pros on twitch.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Repost from the other thread: Ted Lasso should shout commands and words of encouragement from the background like Pokémon Trainer as a player fights by kicking a ball around. Jamie Tartt/Roy Kent/Dani Rojas/etc. would all be different skins.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
I agree that Ted Lasso should absolutely be the voice of tutorials.

I care not at all about football (soccer), but I absolutely love and recommend this series.

Yeah I don't care at all about soccer/football, but it's fantastic. The sport is just the backdrop for the show. Anyone that liked the Scrubs mix of drama and comedy would love Ted Lasso, I think (same showrunner).