• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never understood this mentality that people have. I get the game having such things in their game, but y'all are telling me that you wouldn't want to see your favorite character added in just because of that reasoning?

Scorpion being added into the game, lets me have hope with the 90s pipe dream of Ryu being added later on in the future for that Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter match
what's stupid about that mentality is that one of the best known Mortal Kombat media is a PG-13 movie

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I know lol. Someone probably skimmed things Warner had involvement in and picked what they thought was cool.
If it's just cool things, what's Team RWBY doing in there?
i-kid-triump-the-insult-dog.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

No roster with that much anime will ever be real.
And lets not even talk about how some of the licensing is all wrong. Like the MOVIE mask is owned by warner, but the actual character is a DARK HORSE ip which is owned by Embracer, the guys who owns THQ Nordic =P

But some of the actual possible choices there are awesome. I want Captain Planet to return to platform fighters ...the dude deserves. Also heart just BEGS to be a suport special

Jun 8, 2018
Good god let this be true.

Ted: Y'know Scorp, ya just gotta let go of that anger. Let it outta yer mind like a goldfish.

Scorpion: Subzero literally killed my family

Ted: …

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It's also not designed to ding your wallet with ftp practices, which will definitely have an impact on the roster.
The model is what worries me about this game, but I don't think it has much to do with character selection. They'd be putting in a wide range of characters from their IPs that people would want to play regardless.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
They missed a prime opportunity here. WB owns Rooster Teeth, which means Multiversus could have been and official Death Battle game.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game gets tackier by the second. Like kids playing restaurant, everything goes in!

Feels like another Smash clone where they haven't learned anything about what makes Smash great.
It's not trying to be Smash, it's trying to be the Fortnite of platform fighters.

Gameplay wise, they definitely know what makes a platform fighter good.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Give me Ed Edd n Eddy, Courage and Grim

Oh and the Martian Ambassador from Mars Attacks

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
They missed a prime opportunity here. WB owns Rooster Teeth, which means Multiversus could have been and official Death Battle game.
Considering Death Battle targets an older demographic while this game is child friendly and Death Battle is only really well known amongst Vs Circles it makes sense. However, that does not stop Wiz/Boomstick from being playable characters or being announcer DLC

Oct 25, 2017
Rick vs Ted Lasso vs Eleven vs Godzilla sounds like a fever dream. But I'm game see ya doubles with either Jack or Virgil. Lol

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I think I found Ted Lasso's regular ranged Special attack:
tenor.gif

Either that or he spits fizzy water in someone's face.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
With the high production value of some skins( acting like clone fighters in smash), what are the chances of getting a Gwen 10 skin for Ben?