• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Did I misunderstand or did the game essentially give you the option to choose your rank when you start ranked mode?

Oct 26, 2017
My copy finally came in the mail. I'm loving my boys Earthquake and Tam Tam. Tam Tam's new dash is so good, and a very welcome buff from SS5S.

I don't know how much online I'll play, but I'm very much loving this game so far.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got to play some matches today. First one was iffy, but after that the connection has been pretty fair. Lobby system needs some working though. Needs a delay after the battle is queued up so spectators can actually file in. Or just like, add in a proper queuing system so people get a chance to fight one after the other instead of scrambling to join the match.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Game is incredibly fun. It also looks better in person than it does on streams for sure.

Really loving it so far. EVO matches are going to be hype.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Just had the absolute worst match in SamSho.

The type where the lag is so bad that each movement takes 5 seconds to register? But neither of us are willing to quit so we soldiered on for what seems like eternity

It's so bad that I'm experiencing real life in lag now

ErbilT

Oct 28, 2017
Henderson, NV.
So, I would like to play this tonight with some non-jerks online on PS4. None of my friends have this game and from what I played yesterday, I'm super into it. Should be free after 9:00 pm PST. PM me if interested.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Uh, I just wanted to buy the game in the Playstation store (Germany), but it doesn't let me. There is only the pre order bundle with the dynamic theme, but because the release is today, it doesn't have the buy button. That wouldn't be problem if they offer the normal edition to buy, but it's just not there. No option to buy the game right now.

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Uh, I just wanted to buy the game in the Playstation store (Germany), but it doesn't let me. There is only the pre order bundle with the dynamic theme, but because the release is today, it doesn't have the buy button. That wouldn't be problem if they offer the normal edition to buy, but it's just not there. No option to buy the game right now.
Sorry to hear for you, but i am pretty sure the game was released on 25th in europe (at least here in austria). Either way, that's probably not gonna help you...

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Sorry to hear for you, but i am pretty sure the game was released on 25th in europe (at least here in austria). Either way, that's probably not gonna help you...

Fortunately, it was just updated after going into the store a few more times! Now the "deluxe edition" is available, which is the standard game + season pass. Going to buy it now :)
I was really worried that they fucked up the digital release here and that I can't support it with my purchase.

It will be my first time really getting into a Samurai Shodown game. I already know that I will probably love it.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Stick players, what's your layout?

Default is fine, but it makes disarming awkward, and as a Darli player I must easily disarm.

Right now I'm using:

LS MS HS
MH HK K

Having Kick as the 6th button is a little unorthodox, but coming from Street Fighter this feels really natural. Disarm is the middle column. Throw and SSM is the third column. Dodge, WFT, and Rage Explosion buttons are all on the top row.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Default is fine, but it makes disarming awkward, and as a Darli player I must easily disarm.

Right now I'm using:

LS MS HS
MH HK K

Having Kick as the 6th button is a little unorthodox, but coming from Street Fighter this feels really natural. Disarm is the middle column. Throw and SSM is the third column. Dodge, WFT, and Rage Explosion buttons are all on the top row.

L M H
K ? ?
Idk, need to figure something out, the whole HS/K combo is screwing me for Super and Throw, just not intuitive for me yet. I might give yours a shot... or bind HS/K to the bottom row, since MH isn't a difficult combination.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
L M H
K ? ?
Idk, need to figure something out, the whole HS/K combo is screwing me for Super and Throw, just not intuitive for me yet. I might give yours a shot... or bind HS/K to the bottom row, since MH isn't a difficult combination.

I might try

L M H
K HK MH

I think that would put kick in a more natural spot, and I'd just have to get used to using the macro for throws and super.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

I'm using
MS HS K
LS

Easy to hit all the multibutton presses, and was the default config in the NeoGeo cabs.

csAYxro.png

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Okay, this is probably the least important request that'll ever be asked in this topic, but y'all know the hype-ass theme song, right?

Does anyone know who's the singer? I've been searching for half a day and haven't come across any info yet.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using
MS HS K
LS
I'm going to give this a shot tonight, the only reason why I did
L M H
K . .

Is because the latest Samurai Shodown in the arcade (6) kind of had that layout so it's what I thought the devs used as a guideline
SS6_Controls.png

L/A = Light Slash
M/B = Middle/Medium Slash
S/C = Strong Slash
K/D = Kick
SP/E = Special note parry is 236 E

The Sam Sho after 6 was Edge of Destiny or Sen on consoles which moved it to 3D that bombed hardcore

Pizzarella

Jun 1, 2019

Right now I'm using:

LS MS HS
MH HK K

I'm just using:

L M H
K

With the way I set up my buttons, I have my fingers resting on buttons at all times since k is where my thumb would be and the slashes on three fingers above. And because of this set-up, I wouldn't never have to reach down to hit the lower row buttons. In a game where every little action matters, having to move my middle or ring finger away from where they were resting for a macro could make all the difference.

You could could also swap L for K but I'm too used to light, medium, heavy all being in a row.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

Right now I'm using:

LS MS HS
MH HK K

see below:
I'm just using:

L M H
K

With the way I set up my buttons, I have my fingers resting on buttons at all times since k is where my thumb would be and the slashes on three fingers above. And because of this set-up, I wouldn't never have to reach down to hit the lower row buttons. In a game where every little action matters, having to move my middle or ring finger away from where they were resting for a macro could make all the difference.

I like it for the same reasons. I also use a similar layout for dbfz.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Okay, this is probably the least important request that'll ever be asked in this topic, but y'all know the hype-ass theme song, right?

Does anyone know who's the singer? I've been searching for half a day and haven't come across any info yet.

First the KOFXIV song and now this, SNK has been killing it with theme songs.

Can't wait to hear what they come up with for KOFXV and the new Metal Slug.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Right now I'm using:

LS MS HS
MH HK K

Same as a lot of people here:

LS MS HS
K

Undead Bokun

Oct 25, 2017
Still no word on Xbox One season pass? My copy arrives tomorrow but I'd like to know what is up before I open it. If something changed and the free season pass is Ps4 only than Ill just return this until the price drops. I'm sure it is just some delay but with such a short window I'd like to know. The free season pass was what pushed me to pick this up.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Still no word on Xbox One season pass? My copy arrives tomorrow but I'd like to know what is up before I open it. If something changed and the free season pass is Ps4 only than Ill just return this until the price drops. I'm sure it is just some delay but with such a short window I'd like to know. The free season pass was what pushed me to pick this up.
Worse case is that they'd email / XBL a code to everyone that played the game before the 30th. Why would it suddenly be PS4 only?

I imagine much of this is down to Athlon being not well established as a publisher. NISA and Atlus were very solid choiced for KOF and SNK 40th, at least for the U.S. Theres a lot to Iron out here, and SNK is seeking feedback. Hope it all works out.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Worse case is that they'd email / XBL a code to everyone that played the game before the 30th. Why would it suddenly be PS4 only?

I imagine much of this is down to Athlon being not well established as a publisher. NISA and Atlus were very solid choiced for KOF and SNK 40th, at least for the U.S. Theres a lot to Iron out here, and SNK is seeking feedback. Hope it all works out.

The problem with that is my Amazon order isn't shipping until next Monday for some odd reason even though I had it preordered as soon as it went up for preorder on Amazon. So I won't be able to play it before the 30th which isn't fair considering the video said "Preorder or play before the 30th"

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
The problem with that is my Amazon order isn't shipping until next Monday for some odd reason even though I had it preordered as soon as it went up for preorder on Amazon. So I won't be able to play it before the 30th which isn't fair considering the video said "Preorder or play before the 30th"
Then explain the situation to someone once this level is cleared up, and they should be able to help.

With XBL side being a mess with this, would be nice if they extended the time even. I wonder if the slightly later JP release is whats harming the XBox side most?

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
This game really feels like Samurai Shodown. I wasn't really getting that from the vids, but damn, after playing, I think they nailed it.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Was thinking about picking it up but then I saw the PC release is 2020! What the hell why is it so late.

dwix85

Nov 15, 2017
First time playing SamSho in about 15 years, and stupidly went straight online after the tutorial. 1-11 later I'm thinking I need to spend a good amount of time offline. Really digging the pace of the fights though.

Also, thanks for the video link in the OP! Going to start there.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a really hype showing for the game.

Can't remember the last time I've seen stream chat this positive on an SNK game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25580

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man, I can't crack Yoshitora with my day-2 Haohmaru. I'm obviously not playing the best way, but any general tips against Yoshi would be appreciated.